ImageImageImageImageImage

Westchester Knicks 2023-2024

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Re: Westchester Knicks 2023-2024 

Post#121 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:28 pm

Motor City Cruise 119 | Westchester Knicks 116

Notable players:

Duane Washington Jr.: 31 PTS/10 REB/1 AST

Brandon Goodwin: 21/8/8

DaQuan Jeffries: 20/4/1

Dmytro Skapintsev: 15/7/2

Isaiah Roby: 14/9/1

Jacob Toppin: 11/13/2
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#122 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:38 am

Knicks lose in OT...

Read on Twitter
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#123 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:45 am

Long Island Nets 126 | Westchester Knicks 121 (OT)

Notable players:

Duane Washington Jr.: 18 PTS/4 REB/2 AST

Charlie Brown Jr.: 17/5/3

DaQuan Jefferies: 17/6/1

Dmytro Skapinsev: 17/6/4

Isaiah Roby: 16/11/2

Jacob Toppin: 14/6/2

Brandon Goodwin: 12/5/9

Mamadi Kiakite: 10/2/1
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,720

Post#124 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:00 am

BadNewsBarnes wrote:Long Island Nets 126 | Westchester Knicks 121 (OT)

Notable players:

Bad News,

You've been following Westchester this season, what's your opinion on who are the most NBA-ready - or possibly-ready - players.
Free Palestine
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#125 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:35 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BadNewsBarnes wrote:Long Island Nets 126 | Westchester Knicks 121 (OT)

Notable players:

Bad News,

You've been following Westchester this season, what's your opinion on who are the most NBA-ready - or possibly-ready - players.

Just Toppin IMHO. Goodwin has been lighting it up at the G-League level but no one has taken a flyer on him...

As for Charlie Brown...well, you know...
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#126 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:35 pm

Knicks lose...

Read on Twitter
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:40 pm

Ontario Clippers 115 | Westchester Knicks 111

Notable players:

Duane Washington Jr.: 30 PTS/5 REB/3 AST

Brandon Goodwin: 17/11/10

Jacob Toppin: 16/7/3

Dmytro Skapinsev: 14/5/2

Mamadi Kiakite: 14/4/1

Charlie Brown Jr.: 13/6/0
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#128 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:41 pm

Knicks win...

Read on Twitter
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#129 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:46 pm

Westchester Knicks 131 | South Bay Lakers 116

Notable players:

Duane Washington Jr.: 31 PTS/1 REB/2 AST

Brandon Goodwin: 26/6/6

Charlie Brown Jr.: 17/7/4

Isaiah Roby: 16/7/6

Dmytro Skapinsev: 13/5/4

Jacob Toppin: 11/6/1
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#130 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:47 pm

Knicks lose...

Read on Twitter
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#131 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:52 pm

South Bay Lakers 114 | Westchester Knicks 104

Notable players:

Jacob Toppin: 26 PTS/10 REB/3 AST

Obadiah Noel: 23/6/2

Duane Washington Jr.: 15/9/3

De'Vion Harmon: 15/4/4

DaQuan Jefferies: 11/6/3
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#132 » by BKlutch » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:04 pm

Given how poorly G Leaguers are paid, I wonder why any decent player (who isn't in the NBA) wouldn't play overseas if they want to continue in basketball. I'm not wealthy but I think if I were young and athletic enough to play in the G League, I couldn't afford to do that and raise a family. It seems the Knicks haven't really found any true gems in the G League.

Portis, Kornet, and Galloway were the ones I recall, although I think only Galloway played for the W Knicks. Jacob Toppin was drafted and has been "stashed" on the W Knicks, but not sure if he's going to stay in the NBA or now. Sadly, none of the 10 best NBA G League players have played with the Knicks. https://clutchpoints.com/10-most-successful-g-league-vets-in-the-nba

After watching Skapintsev play in Westchester a few games, I was disappointed seeing how little he contributed to the Knicks when he got his chance. Charlie Brown "looks like" he should be an NBA player even though he doesn't really play like one, but there's his name, at least.

The best times for the W Knicks have been when some of our NBA players were there getting in shape or waiting to be called up to the big team.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#133 » by moocow007 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:08 pm

BKlutch wrote:Given how poorly G Leaguers are paid, I wonder why any decent player (who isn't in the NBA) wouldn't play overseas if they want to continue in basketball. I'm not wealthy but I think if I were young and athletic enough to play in the G League, I couldn't afford to do that and raise a family. It seems the Knicks haven't really found any true gems in the G League.

Portis, Kornet, and Galloway were the ones I recall, although I think only Galloway played for the W Knicks. Jacob Toppin was drafted and has been "stashed" on the W Knicks, but not sure if he's going to stay in the NBA or now. Sadly, none of the 10 best NBA G League players have played with the Knicks. https://clutchpoints.com/10-most-successful-g-league-vets-in-the-nba

After watching Skapintsev play in Westchester a few games, I was disappointed seeing how little he contributed to the Knicks when he got his chance. Charlie Brown "looks like" he should be an NBA player even though he doesn't really play like one, but there's his name, at least.

The best times for the W Knicks have been when some of our NBA players were there getting in shape or waiting to be called up to the big team.

Contracts and team flexibility. Since the G League is part of the NBA players can easily navigate in and out of G-League contracts. Not so if you sign to play overseas. Sure you can always leave but you can get blacklisted for doing that plus face legal ramifications. Likewise NBA teams are more likely to bring in G League players to fill roster spots than try to get someone playing overseas to come at the drop of the hat for a week or so at the drop of a hat.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#134 » by moocow007 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:08 pm

BKlutch wrote:Given how poorly G Leaguers are paid, I wonder why any decent player (who isn't in the NBA) wouldn't play overseas if they want to continue in basketball. I'm not wealthy but I think if I were young and athletic enough to play in the G League, I couldn't afford to do that and raise a family. It seems the Knicks haven't really found any true gems in the G League.

Contracts and team flexibility. Since the G League is part of the NBA players can easily navigate in and out of G-League contracts. Not so if you sign to play overseas. Sure you can always leave but you can get blacklisted for doing that plus face legal ramifications. Likewise NBA teams are more likely to bring in G League players to fill roster spots than try to get someone playing overseas to come at the drop of the hat for a week or so at the drop of a hat.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#135 » by BKlutch » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am

moocow007 wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but it makes me sad.
One the one hand, we have multimillionaire NBA players. They're cool.
Then we have the pions, the G Leaguers, who can barely fee their families on their salaries. But they don't go overseas to earn big bucks, they hang around so they can go back and forth between the NBA and the G League. Get another $10K here, $30 K there. Those few who really have the potential to get into the big show, fine. But all the rest, they're like gamblers who can't keep from betting their food money in the hopes they'll become rich. They never do.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#136 » by BKlutch » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:53 am

moocow007 wrote:

Wow, this is the first time in my life (well, on RealGM) that my post has been quoted twice by the same person. And by no less than the esteemed moocow007 at that!

Thanks, Moo! :lol:

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#137 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:43 pm

Knicks win...

Read on Twitter
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#138 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:49 pm

Westchester Knicks 134 | Raptors 905 106

Notable players:

Jacob Toppin: 24 PTS/6 REB/2 AST

Dmytro Skapinsev: 20/10/4

Jamal Bey: 18/3/2

Duane Washington Jr.: 17/3/9

Kaiden Rice: 14/1/0

Obadiah Noel: 14/5/6

De'Vion Harmon: 12/2/3
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#139 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:51 pm

Jeremy Lin also...
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,627

Post#140 » by ScienceOfLosing » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:04 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:

Jeremy Lin also...

Didn‘t Starks come from the predecessor of the G-League?

Return to New York Knicks