ImageImageImageImageImage

7PM In Brooklyn: Melo & Mero

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,191

7PM In Brooklyn: Melo & Mero 

Post#1 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:35 pm

Many already know, but Carmelo Anthony and The Kid Mero are dropping a new joint podcast, starting this Thursday. Needless to say they will be discussing basketball often, and the Knicks specifically a ton. I know I'm going to be checking it out, so I figured I'd start a place for discussion. Hopefully it's good...

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,485

Re: 7PM In Brooklyn: Melo & Mero 

Post#2 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:40 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Many already know, but Carmelo Anthony and The Kid Mero are dropping a new joint podcast, starting this Thursday. Needless to say they will be discussing basketball often, and the Knicks specifically a ton. I know I'm going to be checking it out, so I figured I'd start a place for discussion. Hopefully it's good...

Read on Twitter

What ever happened to Desus?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#3 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:50 pm

Desus seemed to want to go more Hollywood. He did some voice acting, guest hosted Jimmy Kimmel, and guest hosted the Daily Show - none of which was particularly funny to me. To me, Mero has emerged from there split as the one who seems more nose-to-the-grindstone putting in work - like he was the engine of their success as a comedic duo. He's been churning out content on multiple platforms, guesting on podcasts, starting up his own (Victory Light), doing F1 commentary, and generally being the same dude he was when Bodega Boys and Desus & Mero were hot.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,492

Post#4 » by WargamesX » Tue Dec 5, 2023 8:11 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Desus seemed to want to go more Hollywood. He did some voice acting, guest hosted Jimmy Kimmel, and guest hosted the Daily Show - none of which was particularly funny to me. To me, Mero has emerged from there split as the one who seems more nose-to-the-grindstone putting in work - like he was the engine of their success as a comedic duo. He's been churning out content on multiple platforms, guesting on podcasts, starting up his own (Victory Light), doing F1 commentary, and generally being the same dude he was when Bodega Boys and Desus & Mero were hot.

I think they've both made different moves for their career, but its not a competition nor has either fell off or fallen back.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 5, 2023 8:31 pm

WargamesX wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Desus seemed to want to go more Hollywood. He did some voice acting, guest hosted Jimmy Kimmel, and guest hosted the Daily Show - none of which was particularly funny to me. To me, Mero has emerged from there split as the one who seems more nose-to-the-grindstone putting in work - like he was the engine of their success as a comedic duo. He's been churning out content on multiple platforms, guesting on podcasts, starting up his own (Victory Light), doing F1 commentary, and generally being the same dude he was when Bodega Boys and Desus & Mero were hot.

I think they've both made different moves for their career, but its not a competition nor has either fell off or fallen back.

I was gonna say, guest hosting Kimmel and the Daily Show are huge gigs. Seems like both of these guys are doing well, I haven't kept up with them unfortunately.

It's good that both dudes are doing what they want with their lives. I hope the split was amicable?

SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#6 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Dec 7, 2023 6:17 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 7, 2023 8:50 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't show this to the others, they would be really upset.

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,488

Post#8 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Dec 7, 2023 9:43 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

draftin Obi was the dumbest thing this front office has done, hopefully this doesn't haunt us for years to come but we looking like a bunch of idiots. If it wasn't for Brunson being a homerun, this front office would be looking very suspect to me. They still have us in a good position at the moment but from here on out they can't make any more mistakes or im firing them asap if that means we can get Bob Myers here
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#9 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Dec 8, 2023 1:31 am

First Ep posted. Just 10 minutes in, and it's super NY oriented. Also, Melo is done with the 3 to the dome motion - don't ask him to do it if you ever meet him. :lol:

SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#10 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:20 pm

Read on Twitter
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#11 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:55 pm

Latest episode is currently airing live, and they definitely have opinions on the trade and the players involved.

I'm sure clips will follow, because it's entertaining as hell. :lol:
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#12 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:37 pm

Knicks talk starts at 36:40, should be queued up in the link below, but if not it's 36:40. Melo hysterical about knowing Mero was trying to be diplomatic regarding his feelings on RJ, and not letting him slide was fun. :lol:

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,053

Post#13 » by F N 11 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:46 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Smh
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,570

Post#14 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:18 am

Melo called RJ bland, lol
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#15 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:32 pm

ctorres wrote:Melo called RJ bland, lol

Read on Twitter
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,582

Post#16 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:54 pm

He ain’t tell a lie lol, RJs brand of ball isn’t exciting. Even if he fully realized his potential, he’s not crossing people over or dunking on people. It would just be good simple ball and there’s nothing wrong with that.

He’s not controversial, won’t say anything outta pocket in an interview.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,940

Post#17 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:03 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:He ain’t tell a lie lol, RJs brand of ball isn’t exciting. Even if he fully realized his potential, he’s not crossing people over or dunking on people. It would just be good simple ball and there’s nothing wrong with that.

He’s not controversial, won’t say anything outta pocket in an interview.

Unless RJ is outed as a puppy drowner I'll always give him a pass for being a grinder who avoided public drama.
ImageImageImage
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,138

Post#18 » by TerrenceClarke » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:17 pm

Melo only saying what Knicks fans already say. He ain’t say nothing wrong
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,196

Post#19 » by Jeffrey » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:46 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

draftin Obi was the dumbest thing this front office has done, hopefully this doesn't haunt us for years to come but we looking like a bunch of idiots. If it wasn't for Brunson being a homerun, this front office would be looking very suspect to me. They still have us in a good position at the moment but from here on out they can't make any more mistakes or im firing them asap if that means we can get Bob Myers here

The only silver lining is that we got Brunson. But it was one of the stupidest mistakes the Knicks could ever make. We needed a PG badly and somehow they wanted Obi because they didn't trust their recent signing in Randle?! It just didn't make any sense.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,488

Post#20 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:58 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

The only silver lining is that we got Brunson. But it was one of the stupidest mistakes the Knicks could ever make. We needed a PG badly and somehow they wanted Obi because they didn't trust their recent signing in Randle?! It just didn't make any sense.

It was idiotic. Leon Rose clearly chose family and CAA over the Knicks. Now I get Obi was his son's first client at CAA and i'm all for a father doing anything for his son but cmon son. Drafting Halli was the obvious thing to do...what do these scouts get paid for lol

Return to New York Knicks