ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Vs Magic Post game thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,493

Re: Knicks Vs Magic Post game thread 

Post#101 » by RHODEY » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:49 am

Adelheid wrote:julius inside game is vintage julius and its beautiful

is it because there is no mitch to clog the paint?

Possibly....
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,323

Post#102 » by gavran » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:42 am

The people making the schedule can seriously lick a sack. I'm not ready for the massacre the Pacers are going to do to the Knicks, the biggest one since 1258.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,056

Post#103 » by Reign23 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:23 pm

agree that Brunson should have gotten a few more calls, but he did a really bad job in the 4th. we cut it to 6 with under 4 minutes left and he was in full blown 1 vs 1 mode. think it was 4 straight possessions were he didn't give the ball up, despite Randle having the hot hand all night...
formerly known as knickst4pe
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,047

Post#104 » by god shammgod » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:24 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:This team is getting swept in the first round. Probably the most mid Knicks team I've watched in 30 years. How do you have two all-stars in the prime of their careers, but can't beat any of the teams with better records than you?

FYI for any other people who feel this way.... We've beaten the following teams before the calendar has turned to 2024

Bucks
Lakers
Clippers
Heat
Cavaliers
Suns

All likely playoff teams.

That doesn't include likely play in teams like the Raptors Hawks and Nets

The Bucks and Lakers wins were good, the rest of those are teams that were missing starters, and the Clippers who were fresh off the trade and blew our doors off when they played us again.

If we're in the 6-8 seed we're getting curb stomped, nothing about our style of play is conducive to making deep playoff runs.

the lakers went 2-7 or something after the in-season tournament and we played the bucks two games in a row both at home. it's very hard to lose both of those.

but i've been saying it for awhile, we don't land 4/5 again and we're getting f*cked up. i see people saying we can take philly. those people ant watching philly. they have the best team they've ever had with embiid. and they've only lost in the 1st round once in the last 6 years with worse teams. and that was to the celtics in the bubble when simmons was injured.

p.s. winning at 4/5 aint a given. we could lose to the heat or this team. but they're young, the playoffs might rattle them like it did the cavs.
Reign23
RealGM

Post#105 » by Reign23 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:31 pm

happy to see that RJ got it going in the second half after another disastrous first. now this **** has to carry over. time is really running out and he can't afford to put up 6-7 bricks in a row to get into some kind of ryhthm.
And btw, our overall 3 point shooting... holy smokes. If DDV is not making them, he gives you absolutely nothing.
Reign23
RealGM

Post#106 » by Reign23 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:27 pm

Galvationknicks wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:RJ Barrett is the worst high usage player in the NBA

His #s are near last year of Kobe. If u remember last year of Kobe brutal

Ayo, Kobe shot 35.8% from the field and 28.5% from three in 66 games. really almost identical.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#107 » by I Rasharted » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:38 pm

Buttah304 wrote:If the Cavs put Donovan on the block I wonder if Orlando would pick up the phone. Take some pressure off Paolo/Franz while surrounding him with an elite athletic defense

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Post#108 » by Tron Carter » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter
R.I.P Black Mamba
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,012

Post#109 » by NYKinMIA » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:19 pm

fuq doritos ranchero and the deutschbag brothers
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,479

Post#110 » by WargamesX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:28 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

These +/- are meaningless when there isn’t a lineup that can defend against wet tissue paper.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Post#111 » by The Lamma » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:36 pm

WargamesX wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

These +/- are meaningless when there isn’t a lineup that can defend against wet tissue paper.

The combination of IQ and Hart is easily better defensively than Divo and RJ

The evidence is mounting that this 2nd lineup here is the best we have right now

Including the eye test
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,479

Post#112 » by WargamesX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:37 pm

The Lamma wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

The evidence is mounting that this 2nd lineup here is the best we have

Including eye test

Better doesn’t mean good enough. Also this lineup is small which is our biggest issue against most teams. The Knicks are too small.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Post#113 » by The Lamma » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:58 pm

WargamesX wrote:
The Lamma wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

The evidence is mounting that this 2nd lineup here is the best we have

Including eye test

Better doesn’t mean good enough. Also this lineup is small which is our biggest issue against most teams. The Knicks are too small.

Undersized and yet surprisingly effective. Brunson who is our shortest player also happens to be the best player on the team . Hart compensates for his lack of size by out rebounding whoever he's matched up against

Is it ideal height wise, no. But neither is the current starting lineup. And this second group is better than they are
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,515

Post#114 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:59 pm

Randle’s FG% is at its highest since he was on the pelicans. Amazing he got it this high even with a super rusty start to the season. Get that 3rd all star big fella!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,453

Post#115 » by robillionaire » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:01 pm

I just didn’t like how Brunson played at the end of the game. I can understand having an off night. But we were coming back down 6 and it was mostly on Randle’s drives and kick outs and he’d just scored on a couple possessions in a row the magic had no answer for him. And for at least 3 or 4 possessions in a row after cutting it 6 to Brunson just takes the ball and drives into traffic and throws up some junk. Now usually that’s not a bad option and certainly he’s our best closer by a mile but when you’ve been bad all game, how do you not look for the hot hands or pass at all, or even try to run a play, you continue call your own number in iso when you’re playing badly? Like at what point do you consider hey I don’t have it tonight maybe I should look for a teammate? Idk he’s usually way better and it’s just one game
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,453

Post#116 » by robillionaire » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Randle’s FG% is at its highest since he was on the pelicans. Amazing he got it this high even with a super rusty start to the season. Get that 3rd all star big fella!

He might not get it but he deserves it

The only unfortunate issue is that his 3 ball still isn’t falling yet. When that starts happening again and I’m confident that it will he’s going to be an even bigger problem
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#117 » by fateis007 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:18 pm

Good game guys. I thought Magic were going to lose this one, we are down like 5 rotation players. But it seems like length bothered you a lot.

I am not sure I agree with thib on the fouls, dude got 12 free throws. He could have easily got a few more on Suggs, like the obvious foul someone just posted where Suggs got all arm. But Brunson does tend to make floppy moves a lot, so the refs have to balance that out. It's a little odd seeing a coach who historically likes his teams to play physical, going off about it. He has had his teams hacking for years. They have always been super physical.

Either way, you guys have a solid 2 allstar caliber team, like the Magic. So were both kind of in the same position, middle of the pack playoff teams. We both seem one allstar away from competing with all these super teams.

I love the way Randle plays, I always thought Paolo reminded me of him coming out of duke. I hope he can learn from tonight to grow his game as a young player. If he has that skill set, he would be a 25-30PPG player. He has that same size, but man, Randle has mastered bully ball and is a tank down there, with a quick first step.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,515

Post#118 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:20 pm

fateis007 wrote:Good game guys. I thought Magic were going to lose this one, we are down like 5 rotation players. But it seems like length bothered you a lot.

I am not sure I agree with thib on the fouls, dude got 12 free throws. He could have easily got a few more on Suggs, like the obvious foul someone just posted where Suggs got all arm. But Brunson does tend to make floppy moves a lot, so the refs have to balance that out. It's a little odd seeing a coach who historically likes his teams to play physical, going off about it. He has had his teams hacking for years. They have always been super physical.

Either way, you guys have a solid 2 allstar caliber team, like the Magic. So were both kind of in the same position, middle of the pack playoff teams. We both seem one allstar away from competing with all these super teams.

I love the way Randle plays, I always thought Paolo reminded me of him coming out of duke. I hope he can learn from tonight to grow his game as a young player. If he has that skill set, he would be a 25-30PPG player. He has that same size, but man, Randle just his a master as bully ball and is a tank down there

Banchero is going to be really good. He’s like a Randle x Tatum hybrid. You guys got a special one for sure. Good game!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,662

Post#119 » by Buttah304 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:43 pm

We’ve been without Mitch now for 10 games.

This is how we look after exactly 3 weeks:

Defensive Rating: from 9th to 15th
Offensive Rebounding: 2nd to 7th
Offensive Rebound Chances: 2nd to 7th
Loose Balls Recovered: 11th to 19th
Offensive Rating: 11th to 10th
Randle Last 10 Games: 28-9-4 on 55% FG

Record: 5-5
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,094

Post#120 » by stuporman » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:46 pm

Thibs with his 'take that for data' moment... clip and ship the 'sick and tired of it' push away.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job

Return to New York Knicks