ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Bulls PG

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Re: Knicks - Bulls PG 

Post#241 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:05 pm

Synciere wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:
Synciere wrote:
I see a lot of momentum for iHart to remain the starter, even though he's not the defender Mitch is. Are those in favor of keeping iHart as a starter also in favor of resigning him to a deal greater than Mitch's? How high should the Knicks be willing to go to resign him? 15 mil? 18?

Where do you guys get the stuff saying Hartenstein isnt as good on D as Mitch?

He’s literally ranked as the best defender in the NBA according to everyone’s new favorite stat EPM: https://dunksandthrees.com/epm.

Many posters still taking iHart for granted. He’s legit. More mobile than Mitch, just as good on D/boards, and way more useful on offense.

Yes he should be paid more than Mitch and be the starter. Mitch is always hurt and hasnt improved. He can get moved for a more versatile big as we shouldnt tie too much money up in the C spot.

Yeah I like stats and all but the eye test tells me Mitch is a better defender than iHart. iHart is the better offensive player though he isnt given much in terms of usage with Jalen and Julius on the team.

Not sure what you’re seeing then man. iHart has been all over the place.

Mitch is a great defender and rebounder for sure, but Hartenstein handled Anthony Davis and Gobert like they were nothing recently. Grabbed 20 rebounds on Andre Drummond last night. We’ll see how he does against Embiid, but obviously Embiid is an MVP and Mitch has trouble with him too like everyone does.

Does anyone see Mitch developing anything more to his game? Hartenstein is the same age as him and is a decent jumper away from being a pretty damn complete player.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Post#242 » by Tron Carter » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:07 pm

Brunson has 27 assists in the last two games. RJ Barrett really was basketball Hamas
R.I.P Black Mamba
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Post#243 » by Tron Carter » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:08 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Our starting unit is fire.

We need a microwave bench player. Sexton?

Derozan? He scored 28 points on only 13 shots. He can facilitate, create his own shot, he's efficient and should have a field day against most opposing teams bench defenders. Knicks would be guaranteed to always have someone that can put pressure on opposing teams defenses every minute of the game.

No.
R.I.P Black Mamba
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,403

Post#244 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:10 pm

Synciere wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:
Synciere wrote:
I see a lot of momentum for iHart to remain the starter, even though he's not the defender Mitch is. Are those in favor of keeping iHart as a starter also in favor of resigning him to a deal greater than Mitch's? How high should the Knicks be willing to go to resign him? 15 mil? 18?

He’s literally ranked as the best defender in the NBA according to everyone’s new favorite stat EPM: https://dunksandthrees.com/epm.

Many posters still taking iHart for granted. He’s legit. More mobile than Mitch, just as good on D/boards, and way more useful on offense.

Yes he should be paid more than Mitch and be the starter. Mitch is always hurt and hasnt improved. He can get moved for a more versatile big as we shouldnt tie too much money up in the C spot.

Yeah I like stats and all but the eye test tells me Mitch is a better defender than iHart. iHart is the better offensive player though he isnt given much in terms of usage with Jalen and Julius on the team.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,915

Post#245 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:41 pm

Tron Carter wrote:Brunson has 27 assists in the last two games.

Having floor spacers on the wings makes the game so much easier for someone who knows how to play the correct way.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,515

Post#246 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#247 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:18 pm

Tron Carter wrote:Brunson has 27 assists in the last two games. RJ Barrett really was basketball Hamas

A lot of RJ’s shots, even the ones close in, were blocked.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,316

Post#248 » by DOT » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Having floor spacers on the wings makes the game so much easier for someone who knows how to play the correct way.

Also, having no one else to handle the ball

Not taking away from his distributing, but it's more a factor of, nobody else can do it so it has to be him. His assist% is 28.5 on the season, 47.4 the last 2 games

Ast% is a pretty neutral stat, you can't really glean much from it by itself, but when you watch the team play, it's clear we need another shot creator/playmaker. The way we play now isn't sustainable, and Brunson/Randle are gonna get burnt out by the playoffs if we need 40 minutes out of them to beat the Bulls.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,212

Post#249 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:22 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Brogdon would be great. But Sexton isn't an inefficient chucker. He's consistently near 60% TS.

Also, plenty of champions had bench guys who basically just got buckets.

Vinnie Johnson
Corliss Williamson
Mo Williams
Speights and Barbosa
Portis
Kukoc

The list goes on. It's a pretty common role.

Trade lust gone wild.

Leon clearly has the chips to bolster the roster, but he’s also proven himself to be patient and cautious. If another deal is coming this season it will almost certainly be right up against the deadline, so keep your powder dry and just enjoy the next month or so.

Randle and Brunson are going to put on a damn show. Enjoy it. Maybe one of our young guys or role players steps up and surprises. Sh*t look at Hartenstein. Give it a minute.

You nailed multiple points. Amen

I've grown to respect the patience of this FO even though they've had to recover from some missteps at times.

Warren Buffet said "Don't lose money" and what I like is this FO has not made a fatal move. That's way more important than what many impatient trigger happy fans may realize.

I'm fine with them waiting for the next opportunity, because getting OG and moving RJ in the same deal was the kind of winning trade that makes you profitable even after multiple small losses. So, yeah, let them keep their powder dry and let's give the bench more time to succeed or fail. Our starting unit is now solid enough that we can afford to do stress tests on the rest of the roster until the next trade materializes.

They don't need a move today but they need to be rapidly assessing what the team's needs are and opening introductory inquiries to address them by the deadline. This group... I think it has the horses to advance in the playoffs. Brunson and Randle are having massive seasons and our role players complement what they do well. But our bench unit can't get smoked if we're gonna do anything. Even last year in the playoffs, we got absolutely waxed when Brunson was out of the game. We have the pieces to make a move that improves the short term outlook without breaking our long term flexibility.

This team has entered a different stage of building than a lot of us are used to. We have a good team and the time horizon to build a great one is not way into the future as contracts (iHart and OG) will start to limit our flexibility as soon as next season.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#250 » by BKlutch » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:23 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:Brunson has 27 assists in the last two games. RJ Barrett really was basketball Hamas

A lot of RJ’s shots, even the ones close in, were blocked.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,342

Post#251 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=3tDqFjcjkK6BP0wc1_PRdg&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#252 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:25 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Also, having no one else to handle the ball

Not taking away from his distributing, but it's more a factor of, nobody else can do it so it has to be him. His assist% is 28.5 on the season, 47.4 the last 2 games

Ast% is a pretty neutral stat, you can't really glean much from it by itself, but when you watch the team play, it's clear we need another shot creator/playmaker. The way we play now isn't sustainable, and Brunson/Randle are gonna get burnt out by the playoffs if we need 40 minutes out of them to beat the Bulls.

Yeah true. Can't sustain Brunson playing this much or having this much load. Randle is not a ballhandler or playmaker like that. To me IQ basically just dribbled and passed off more than created shots other than for himself, but that still counts.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,775

Post#253 » by aggo » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:42 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
Synciere wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Isn’t it interesting that Thibs was gonna keep iHart on the bench after the Mitch injury?

A genius lineup and rotations guy Thibs is not.

Some ppl can’t separate out a highlight reel and a basketball game.

Ihart has CLEARLY been an overall better defender this year than Mitch, both through the eye and advanced stats. Infact the stats for a while now (going back to last year) have said ihart was a better defender but was unfair to compare them bc I hart was playing vs backups and Mitch vs starters. Now that I hart has played starters we can say certainly he’s been better, and overall has more impact on winning than Mitch does
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#254 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:54 pm

Not much talk about Randle’s defense last night but I thought that was one of his best defensive performances of the year. If OG’s presence is making Randle hustle more on defense then this trade just keeps getting better.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#255 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#256 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:57 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

A lot of that is the flow. The flow is just so much better with OG than it was with RJ. Brunson and Randle are both extremely talented players. When you give extremely talented players more opportunities to do their thing in stride the more damage they can do.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,696

Post#257 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 7:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Not much talk about Randle’s defense last night but I thought that was one of his best defensive performances of the year. If OG’s presence is making Randle hustle more on defense then this trade just keeps getting better.

he made one play where he anticipated a post pass and jumped and stole it and before going out of bounds threw it to brunson for a fast break...then sprinted down the court and ended up finishing a layup.

I haven't seen him play that level of defensive intensity/awareness in a minute.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#258 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 4, 2024 7:10 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Not much talk about Randle’s defense last night but I thought that was one of his best defensive performances of the year. If OG’s presence is making Randle hustle more on defense then this trade just keeps getting better.

he made one play where he anticipated a post pass and jumped and stole it and before going out of bounds threw it to brunson for a fast break...then sprinted down the court and ended up finishing a layup.

I haven't seen him play that level of defensive intensity/awareness in a minute.

Yep and he also had a couple really good rotations protecting the rim (should’ve had 2 blocks but nba only counted one). Just feels like OG changed our culture already. Offensively and defensively.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,696

Post#259 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 7:33 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Yep and he also had a couple really good rotations protecting the rim (should’ve had 2 blocks but nba only counted one). Just feels like OG changed our culture already. Offensively and defensively.

it can be contagious...one can only hope.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#260 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 4, 2024 7:39 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just leave them on the court 100% of the time, see if you can win a title and then they can all be hospitalized after raising the trophy. Plus it fits with Thibs' tendency anyway, and removes his weakness in figuring out rotations.

Return to New York Knicks