ImageImageImageImageImage

All-star voting --disgrace!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,551

Re: All-star voting --disgrace! 

Post#61 » by HopelessKnick » Sun Jan 7, 2024 8:18 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Fury wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:People need something to be victimized about. Welcome to this new society.

Huh this is the leap you make? Who is even the victim here? People just wanna see Randle and Brunson honored

That’s great - the voting is for all star starters. They’ll still likely be voted as all star by the coaches.

Did anyone really think either of these guys would be all star starters?

I wouldn't look at it just from that perspective. It is an opportunity to show them appreciation. Brunson literally left a top 5 player in the game in Doncic and a sure 50+ win team and a team that made the WCF to resurrect the worst franchise in the NBA since 2000. And he delivered, big time---exceeding anyone's expectations by far.

Julius joined the franchise was completely down, when KD and Irving went to our neighbors, again signing on a modest deal and wanting to succeed here in the brightest lights. Is he perfect? No. Does he have areas in his game that are frustrating? Yes.

But these are two players that came here when the franchise was down and have turned it around, completely solidified the team and have it close to 50 win territory. But most importantly: They are playing truly like all-stars! Hence, there is enough reason to show them appreciation...there really is. And it costs us all literally only 2 minutes a day to do so. Literally every single post we write here on the board costs more effort and time than voting for them. Just imagine them in the locker room taking a look at the All-star voting and having them think: "Well our fans are having our backs." vs. "How is Kuzma or Trae ahead of me...both on losing teams with no fanbase."

It's about appreciation and showing them some love and having their backs. Something you actually would think should be automatic for the so called biggest and most passionate fanbase.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#62 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jan 7, 2024 8:25 am

Oh shyt...Biden got more votes than Brunson? Too soon? :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,055

Post#63 » by Reign23 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:42 am

I don't know why so many care about the fan voting... unless somebody is in the 5 that clearly isn't an all star.
thats not the case here and both Brunson and Randle should get in.
formerly known as knickst4pe
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#64 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jan 7, 2024 12:25 pm

I voted for Randle and Brunson.

Return to New York Knicks