ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Snack on Philly Cheese Steaks & Jerry West Smiles

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,728

Re: PG: Knicks Snack on Philly Cheese Steaks & Jerry West Smiles 

Post#581 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:30 pm

Guano wrote:
sol537 wrote:OG is our Draymond, Rodman, Ben Wallace, etc.

Now we gotta get it done around him

or somewhere in between like how aaron gordon stepped up last year for the Nuggs playoff run

DAVE DEBUSSCHERE!!!!!!
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#582 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:31 pm

Guano wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i actually think now that he's gone, it's probably the right decision to limit rj talk. it's kind of a dead topic and people won't change their mind no matter what side they're on. it is interesting though that 100 posts a day ripping a player who was actually playing great before he got hurt and hasn't played in weeks seems to be perfectly acceptable. it's a pick and choose agenda based on who likes who on here sometimes. people have pointed out the same thing about randle. you can say all manner of foul things about not only his game but his character and that doesn't seem to be a problem. the behavioral guidelines are not enforced across the board. there's favoritism abound.

This forum affords posters VERY long leashes… especially longtimers. That freedom allows us to have a lot of fun and little personal storylines amid the basketball discussion. It’s also part of the reason why some behavior appears unchecked. The times the mods speak publicly on that kind of thing are such a small percentage of what we are really working on. The new mods are doing a great job.

To that point… Jimmit gets thrown around a lot and is a great example. He is no martyr. Jimmit was free to speak for a very long time. He did not get banned for not liking RJ Barrett. He was allowed to do that for a very, very long time. The mod team and the checks and balances we have with administration do not allow that kind of thing. Dude got banned generally for serial trolling, baiting, personal attacks, etc. I’m going to leave that there.

I have lots of reservations about Randle, but there are things about him I admire. I’m not afraid to show him love when he’s doing good and share my frustration when he isn’t.

I loved RJ in a Knick uniform. I was never afraid to criticize his limitations. I also didn’t hide in threads when he performed poorly because my fandom is not defined by a desire to troll or dunk on people for attention. There’s a culture of that and it spikes at times, taking away from the overall discussion and health of the forum. It’s probably pretty hard not to take part in these kinds of culture wars when entire identities are attached to specific players.

Thank you to mph, cap, guano, melo, sham, etc. for having a respectful discussion about the situation because we needed a come to… garden? moment about some of this.

I think the notion that we are here expressing all these tensions clearly indicates that we are at such an inflection point. So, what do we want to do as a community? How do we really want to treat others and represent ourselves?

what makes this place so great is we have an eclectic group of knicks fans that like to talk hoops in a different ways. some people are here to talk about intricacies(stats/X&Os) some of us are here for the jokes or because that boy is nice - it all has it's place. if we don't want to read a chanel essay or read dak's stats we can gloss over them to see an eve meme or a green arrow murder scene or take a friendly shot at melo or decipher what persona buzz has adopted today. to me this place isn't serious and should be fun - it's a basketball forum. but if others want to be serious this is their place, too.

Or make fun of shammgod's nursing home.
Free Palestine
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#583 » by BKlutch » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:33 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Guano wrote:not being allowed to talk about how better we are playing because we replaced a certain ball hogging no defense playing sf with one that does those things is some authoritarian/agenda driven sht.

it's reassuring for some of us that knew for awhile that he was holding us back. to be proven right so far by the way our team is playing and watching him being benched during the 4th while his team makes it a closer game. i'm sure it sucks for some of "rj fans" to see all this unfold. but thats a you issue and the ones of us that knew he was trash shouldn't have to placate those that were wrong.

removing him from our lineup and replacing him with a sf who plays defense and spaces the floor and moves the ball has been instrumental in our current run.

rj was a -19 in a game his team lost by 5 points - he sucks and was terrible to watch and we are better off with him gone.

Chanel's dry cleaning bill skyrocketing and his posting is way down because he's been spending the last week taking constant victory laps in his bomber jackets.

Caked with salt stains, he drops one jacket off at the cleaners, selects another from the array of them in the special jacket closet, and continues taking his laps, pausing only to exchange jackets at the cleaners.

Currently, he's logged more miles than a Sri Chimnoy devotee at an ultra-marathon.

Sri Chinmoy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They run around the pond near my house and on the local streets. They're really weird. While I admire being able to run hundreds of miles, I still can't tell that they're not androids. Something about I never see a facial expression on any of them. And if I looked like them -- a skeleton with a little skin on my bones, I would not be happy.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#584 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I too was reflecting on what kind of poster I wanted to be, if I should shed some of the acerbic attitude and occasional trolling and semi off topic transgressive comments, and focus more on being kinder and making tighter, more specific basketball analysis like comments.

Then I said "NAH!"

:-)

Free Palestine
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,562

Post#585 » by Guano » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:35 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Guano wrote:
sol537 wrote:OG is our Draymond, Rodman, Ben Wallace, etc.

Now we gotta get it done around him

or somewhere in between like how aaron gordon stepped up last year for the Nuggs playoff run

DAVE DEBUSSCHERE!!!!!!

:lol:
im going to have to take your word on this one - i'm old but not that old.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#586 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 7, 2024 12:04 am

Guano wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Guano wrote:

DAVE DEBUSSCHERE!!!!!!

:lol:
im going to have to take your word on this one - i'm old but not that old.

:lol: Take my word on this!!!!
Free Palestine
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,032

Post#587 » by Besart19 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 1:20 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:We can gain ground on Orlando and Miami. We just need them to lose tonight, which is looking likely. Indiana keeps winning so far.

And they will get Paskal Siakam
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,032

Post#588 » by Besart19 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 1:23 am

Mitch, RJ and IQ were holding back this team.

Trade Fournier too, bring back Melo in the meantime and we have a 2003-2005 Pistons team im here

Return to New York Knicks