ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Snack on Philly Cheese Steaks & Jerry West Smiles

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,976

Re: PG: Knicks Snack on Philly Cheese Steaks & Jerry West Smiles 

Post#561 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:54 pm

randle didn't have his best night. and, as prophet_of_rage pointed out, philly clearly planned to neutralize him.

and i find his thoughts and attitude about the game very assuring.

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,515

Post#562 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:07 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:randle didn't have his best night. and, as prophet_of_rage pointed out, philly clearly planned to neutralize him.

i like that he stayed composed on defense even with his struggles offensively. it is a good sign.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,933

Post#563 » by HerSports85 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:10 pm

bballoctober wrote:
2010 wrote:Image

What movie is that gif from ?

Never seen “Set it off”???

BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,562

Post#564 » by Guano » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:13 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:It’s almost difficult to grasp just how good OGs defense is. Was listening to the Strickland pod and they essentially said that his defense was great but not as loud per-say as it usually is (steals/deflections and so on). One of the guys went on to say that Maxey is a tough matchup for him not realizing that Tyrese was 7-12 against everyone not named Anunoby and versus OG he was 2-8 from the field.

My point is - his defense is almost so elite that if you fall asleep on a few possessions you might miss how dominant he is. Even that switch onto Embiid was perfectly executed.

mans is a championship piece

He is definitely that other piece that all championship teams need
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#565 » by sol537 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:15 pm

OG is our Draymond, Rodman, Ben Wallace, etc.

Now we gotta get it done around him
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,976

Post#566 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:randle didn't have his best night. and, as prophet_of_rage pointed out, philly clearly planned to neutralize him.

i like that he stayed composed on defense even with his struggles offensively. it is a good sign.

very
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,453

Post#567 » by robillionaire » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:39 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I too was reflecting on what kind of poster I wanted to be, if I should shed some of the acerbic attitude and occasional trolling and semi off topic transgressive comments, and focus more on being kinder and making tighter, more specific basketball analysis like comments.

Then I said "NAH!"

:-)

Most folks after a close encounter with death decide to become kinder. You went the opposite direction. I respect the hell out of it. Better to burn out than to fade away!!! Get em
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,454

Post#568 » by Context » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:40 pm

I cant believe im saying this...I cant wait to see the washington game :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,342

Post#569 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:41 pm

I didn’t even see this…Lakers swooped in

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,035

Post#570 » by cgf » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:01 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
cgf wrote:Donte better stay hot or Quentin’s coming to take his job back!

Grimes can have more usage and freedom with the bench though. Can be a 2nd option there after Brunson/Julius. If he starts he goes back to being a 4th option, maybe 3rd at best if OG doesnt up his offense. After the trade this is his chance to show what else he can do, but he can do that more with the bench. Once he solidifies himself there then we can talk about starting him again maybe, although if it aint broke dont fix it.

The ball is moving better without RJ, but we should also be encouraging OG to become the legit 3rd option that RJ couldn’t. If he’s going to get 35 mill a year I want him over 18 ppg efficiently.

People have this fascination with starting. I get it, but Donte has been great in his role, we’re winning, and he doesn’t even play in the 4th quarter most of the time anyway. He should be playing more with how he’s doing, but if Grimes can get going this is a good problem to have.

True, especially in these early stages where he's rebuilding his confidence. I certainly agree he has untapped potential with the ball, but I also think that his offensive potential is greatest in much more of the Ray Allen / Allen Houston / Desmond Bane mold than the Zach Lavine / Devin Booker one.

So figuring out how to best create that space off of screens against top tier defenders, getting comfortable hitting those shots in motion against starting unit defenders, and building chemistry with the Js, are things he'll need to do at some point & it could well help our offense just as much as (or more than) Grimes getting closer to DDV as an on-ball guy.

Again, I'm not advocating it happen anytime soon...just saying that even with how well DDV is playing, I can see Grimes being a better fit in the starting 5 (on both ends of the court) and DDV a better fit with the bench, come playoff time.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,344

Post#571 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:03 pm

duetta wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Huh, I didn't know Sachidinanda was one of them. Kripalu and Himalayan Institute I knew about. Thing is the organizations continue and they can produce good instruction and instructors in spite of the original leadership's failure

Muktananda also preyed on women. He was an even bigger influence than any of those three and he either generated or affected waves of future teachers in America. I don't judge anyone for being a student of his and then teaching either.

The big difference is the successor battle to run Syda Foundation resulted in lots of shady conduct for a long time. Again, many people benefitted from Syda, but some were harmed, controlled and manipulated as the leadership exhibited cult behavior

The woman who introduced me to yoga was a disciple of Muktananda. She was an actress and a little bit out there, even for me...

He was definitely a Siddha. His master Nityananda was on another plane. I've thought of visiting Ganeshepuri to see if his vibe is still there, though I'm not sure when and if I'm going back to India again. Rudi connected a lot of people to Muktananda including the teacher I spent time with. Regardless of the transgressions by some folks it is and was a powerful lineage. You might even be able to tap into some of it by visiting Rudi's former grounds in Big Indian, near Woodstock. I never went to South Fallsburg.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#572 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:07 pm

cgf wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:
cgf wrote:Donte better stay hot or Quentin’s coming to take his job back!

Grimes can have more usage and freedom with the bench though. Can be a 2nd option there after Brunson/Julius. If he starts he goes back to being a 4th option, maybe 3rd at best if OG doesnt up his offense. After the trade this is his chance to show what else he can do, but he can do that more with the bench. Once he solidifies himself there then we can talk about starting him again maybe, although if it aint broke dont fix it.

The ball is moving better without RJ, but we should also be encouraging OG to become the legit 3rd option that RJ couldn’t. If he’s going to get 35 mill a year I want him over 18 ppg efficiently.

People have this fascination with starting. I get it, but Donte has been great in his role, we’re winning, and he doesn’t even play in the 4th quarter most of the time anyway. He should be playing more with how he’s doing, but if Grimes can get going this is a good problem to have.

True, especially in these early stages where he's rebuilding his confidence. I certainly agree he has untapped potential with the ball, but I also think that his offensive potential is greatest in much more of the Ray Allen / Allen Houston / Desmond Bane mold than the Zach Lavine / Devin Booker one.

So figuring out how to best create that space off of screens against top tier defenders, getting comfortable hitting those shots in motion against starting unit defenders, and building chemistry with the Js, are things he'll need to do at some point & it could well help our offense just as much as (or more than) Grimes getting closer to DDV as an on-ball guy.

Again, I'm not advocating it happen anytime soon...just saying that even with how well DDV is playing, I can see Grimes being a better fit in the starting 5 (on both ends of the court) and DDV a better fit with the bench, come playoff time.

If Grimes keeps playing well now it will definitely be an option. I will say Donte can be pesky on defense and he does pick off passes. But Grimes is more gifted as a man defender and that may be needed in the starting unit eventually.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#573 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:08 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Randle way off and winning by 30?

I loved his crazy antics! He had a couple cool gifs going when he was here.

ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#574 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:18 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Guano wrote:just google searched "sri chinmoyy fraud" and the first result was 'Sleazy' swami dubbed lying sex pest'

they all f*ck the disciples. that's nearly 1000 percent no mater what the group is or their beliefs. it pretty much always plays out like this. "oh my god master, you've opened my mind to the wonders of the universe. i've never felt as connected before to all things". "yes my child, i am glad, now blow me."

"Usually the godhead is unknowable, except in this case" *unzips pants*

I was dating a pretty girl from Taiwan. I had a houseguest who was a meditation guru. He tried to bag my girlfriend while I was at work. I came home and she was shook. I said pack your bags buddy. I gave him a choice on where I could drop him off, drove him there and never saw him again. It was in the early stages of his teaching career. He built a following eventually and had an ashram in SF and then Thailand. Egomaniacal wanker.
ImageImageImage
Guano
RealGM

Post#575 » by Guano » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:21 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i actually think now that he's gone, it's probably the right decision to limit rj talk. it's kind of a dead topic and people won't change their mind no matter what side they're on. it is interesting though that 100 posts a day ripping a player who was actually playing great before he got hurt and hasn't played in weeks seems to be perfectly acceptable. it's a pick and choose agenda based on who likes who on here sometimes. people have pointed out the same thing about randle. you can say all manner of foul things about not only his game but his character and that doesn't seem to be a problem. the behavioral guidelines are not enforced across the board. there's favoritism abound.

This forum affords posters VERY long leashes… especially longtimers. That freedom allows us to have a lot of fun and little personal storylines amid the basketball discussion. It’s also part of the reason why some behavior appears unchecked. The times the mods speak publicly on that kind of thing are such a small percentage of what we are really working on. The new mods are doing a great job.

To that point… Jimmit gets thrown around a lot and is a great example. He is no martyr. Jimmit was free to speak for a very long time. He did not get banned for not liking RJ Barrett. He was allowed to do that for a very, very long time. The mod team and the checks and balances we have with administration do not allow that kind of thing. Dude got banned generally for serial trolling, baiting, personal attacks, etc. I’m going to leave that there.

I have lots of reservations about Randle, but there are things about him I admire. I’m not afraid to show him love when he’s doing good and share my frustration when he isn’t.

I loved RJ in a Knick uniform. I was never afraid to criticize his limitations. I also didn’t hide in threads when he performed poorly because my fandom is not defined by a desire to troll or dunk on people for attention. There’s a culture of that and it spikes at times, taking away from the overall discussion and health of the forum. It’s probably pretty hard not to take part in these kinds of culture wars when entire identities are attached to specific players.

Thank you to mph, cap, guano, melo, sham, etc. for having a respectful discussion about the situation because we needed a come to… garden? moment about some of this.

I think the notion that we are here expressing all these tensions clearly indicates that we are at such an inflection point. So, what do we want to do as a community? How do we really want to treat others and represent ourselves?

what makes this place so great is we have an eclectic group of knicks fans that like to talk hoops in a different ways. some people are here to talk about intricacies(stats/X&Os) some of us are here for the jokes or because that boy is nice - it all has it's place. if we don't want to read a chanel essay or read dak's stats we can gloss over them to see an eve meme or a green arrow murder scene or take a friendly shot at melo or decipher what persona buzz has adopted today. to me this place isn't serious and should be fun - it's a basketball forum. but if others want to be serious this is their place, too.
Guano
RealGM

Post#576 » by Guano » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:25 pm

sol537 wrote:OG is our Draymond, Rodman, Ben Wallace, etc.

Now we gotta get it done around him

or somewhere in between like how aaron gordon stepped up last year for the Nuggs playoff run
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#577 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:26 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i actually think now that he's gone, it's probably the right decision to limit rj talk. it's kind of a dead topic and people won't change their mind no matter what side they're on. it is interesting though that 100 posts a day ripping a player who was actually playing great before he got hurt and hasn't played in weeks seems to be perfectly acceptable. it's a pick and choose agenda based on who likes who on here sometimes. people have pointed out the same thing about randle. you can say all manner of foul things about not only his game but his character and that doesn't seem to be a problem. the behavioral guidelines are not enforced across the board. there's favoritism abound.

This forum affords posters VERY long leashes… especially longtimers. That freedom allows us to have a lot of fun and little personal storylines amid the basketball discussion. It’s also part of the reason why some behavior appears unchecked. The times the mods speak publicly on that kind of thing are such a small percentage of what we are really working on. The new mods are doing a great job.

To that point… Jimmit gets thrown around a lot and is a great example. He is no martyr. Jimmit was free to speak for a very long time. He did not get banned for not liking RJ Barrett. He was allowed to do that for a very, very long time. The mod team and the checks and balances we have with administration do not allow that kind of thing. Dude got banned generally for serial trolling, baiting, personal attacks, etc. I’m going to leave that there.

I have lots of reservations about Randle, but there are things about him I admire. I’m not afraid to show him love when he’s doing good and share my frustration when he isn’t.

I loved RJ in a Knick uniform. I was never afraid to criticize his limitations. I also didn’t hide in threads when he performed poorly because my fandom is not defined by a desire to troll or dunk on people for attention. There’s a culture of that and it spikes at times, taking away from the overall discussion and health of the forum. It’s probably pretty hard not to take part in these kinds of culture wars when entire identities are attached to specific players.

Thank you to mph, cap, guano, melo, sham, etc. for having a respectful discussion about the situation because we needed a come to… garden? moment about some of this.

I think the notion that we are here expressing all these tensions clearly indicates that we are at such an inflection point. So, what do we want to do as a community? How do we really want to treat others and represent ourselves?

I don’t think we can truly answer that question without acknowledging that we are Knicks fans so we are all moderately psychotic

That's actually a good point. It it is fairly psycho to endure two decades of fukkery to get to where we are today. But we did it and that should be a bond we all share.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,723

Post#578 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:28 pm

duetta wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I guess we can always go over to the Raptors' forum if we want to participate in RJ debate. They're already in fully swing there.

They got IQ and the Detroit first pick of the 2nd round for their pains...

True but they have a dedicated "RJ thread". It's beautiful to see. Makes for great bedtime reading. :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,723

Post#579 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

I don’t think we can truly answer that question without acknowledging that we are Knicks fans so we are all moderately psychotic

That's actually a good point. It it is fairly psycho to endure two decades of fukkery to get to where we are today. But we did it and that should be a bond we all share.

Bing Bong mofo!
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#580 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 6, 2024 11:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I guess we can always go over to the Raptors' forum if we want to participate in RJ debate. They're already in fully swing there.

Damn. Leon completed two trades in one. Got OG, Precious & Flynn, but also traded all the Knicks RealGM RJ baggage for a "Annoying RJ discussion exception"

Now the Raptor's board is infected with it.

Gangster.

I freaking miss my 3-in-1 Jello, but I'll settle for 2 trades in 1

ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks