ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Snack on Philly Cheese Steaks & Jerry West Smiles

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,732

Re: PG: Knicks Snack on Philly Cheese Steaks & Jerry West Smiles 

Post#541 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:11 pm

robillionaire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote::lol: They're losing their minds.

this man said a 40 point loss was flukey :lol:

I know. Funny.

They big time mad over there. :lol:
Free Palestine
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,662

Post#542 » by Buttah304 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:13 pm

It’s almost difficult to grasp just how good OGs defense is. Was listening to the Strickland pod and they essentially said that his defense was great but not as loud per-say as it usually is (steals/deflections and so on). One of the guys went on to say that Maxey is a tough matchup for him not realizing that Tyrese was 7-12 against everyone not named Anunoby and versus OG he was 2-8 from the field.

My point is - his defense is almost so elite that if you fall asleep on a few possessions you might miss how dominant he is. Even that switch onto Embiid was perfectly executed.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#543 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:13 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
The Mitch stuff still has to be tongue and cheek though. I mean you (by your own account like to stir the pot) so I think it's just to get under your skin rather than people thinking Mitch is actually not a useful player. He nearly won us a playoff series last year.

You aren't sensitive since you dish it out you can't complain about it coming back to you :lol:

Hey, I like to stir the pot too! Talking about RJ makes me feel better about this Knicks trade for OG. What’s wrong with that? We fleeced Ujiri.

It seems to me that the RJ stans need to grow a thicker skin or hop on board the OG Train. Why should “We The People” be silenced?

We let it slide with you. It's like a grandparent that goes back to smoking cigarettes and the family allows it... we know it's bad but there time is limited on earth so we let you enjoy...

:lol: It's one of the benefits of getting older. We have no filter, so you have to let us slide.
Free Palestine
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,230

Post#544 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:14 pm

76ers got lucky they played Detroit and Washington a ton already
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#545 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:23 pm

I guess we can always go over to the Raptors' forum if we want to participate in RJ debate. They're already in fully swing there.
Free Palestine
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,438

Post#546 » by duetta » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I guess we can always go over to the Raptors' forum if we want to participate in RJ debate. They're already in fully swing there.

They got IQ and the Detroit first pick of the 2nd round for their pains...
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,873

Post#547 » by 8516knicks » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:25 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i actually think now that he's gone, it's probably the right decision to limit rj talk. it's kind of a dead topic and people won't change their mind no matter what side they're on. it is interesting though that 100 posts a day ripping a player who was actually playing great before he got hurt and hasn't played in weeks seems to be perfectly acceptable. it's a pick and choose agenda based on who likes who on here sometimes. people have pointed out the same thing about randle. you can say all manner of foul things about not only his game but his character and that doesn't seem to be a problem. the behavioral guidelines are not enforced across the board. there's favoritism abound.

The Mitch stuff still has to be tongue and cheek though. I mean you (by your own account like to stir the pot) so I think it's just to get under your skin rather than people thinking Mitch is actually not a useful player. He nearly won us a playoff series last year.

You aren't sensitive since you dish it out you can't complain about it coming back to you :lol:

this man does not believe in justice for all!!!!!!!!!!! my fellow citizens, we are living under an authoritarian regime !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;pp=ygUPY2FzYWJsYW5jYSBzb25n
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,976

Post#548 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:i actually think now that he's gone, it's probably the right decision to limit rj talk. it's kind of a dead topic and people won't change their mind no matter what side they're on. it is interesting though that 100 posts a day ripping a player who was actually playing great before he got hurt and hasn't played in weeks seems to be perfectly acceptable. it's a pick and choose agenda based on who likes who on here sometimes. people have pointed out the same thing about randle. you can say all manner of foul things about not only his game but his character and that doesn't seem to be a problem. the behavioral guidelines are not enforced across the board. there's favoritism abound.

This forum affords posters VERY long leashes… especially longtimers. That freedom allows us to have a lot of fun and little personal storylines amid the basketball discussion. It’s also part of the reason why some behavior appears unchecked. The times the mods speak publicly on that kind of thing are such a small percentage of what we are really working on. The new mods are doing a great job.

To that point… Jimmit gets thrown around a lot and is a great example. He is no martyr. Jimmit was free to speak for a very long time. He did not get banned for not liking RJ Barrett. He was allowed to do that for a very, very long time. The mod team and the checks and balances we have with administration do not allow that kind of thing. Dude got banned generally for serial trolling, baiting, personal attacks, etc. I’m going to leave that there.

I have lots of reservations about Randle, but there are things about him I admire. I’m not afraid to show him love when he’s doing good and share my frustration when he isn’t.

I loved RJ in a Knick uniform. I was never afraid to criticize his limitations. I also didn’t hide in threads when he performed poorly because my fandom is not defined by a desire to troll or dunk on people for attention. There’s a culture of that and it spikes at times, taking away from the overall discussion and health of the forum. It’s probably pretty hard not to take part in these kinds of culture wars when entire identities are attached to specific players.

Thank you to mph, cap, guano, melo, sham, etc. for having a respectful discussion about the situation because we needed a come to… garden? moment about some of this.

I think the notion that we are here expressing all these tensions clearly indicates that we are at such an inflection point. So, what do we want to do as a community? How do we really want to treat others and represent ourselves?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#549 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:39 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:76ers got lucky they played Detroit and Washington a ton already

Fish Grease was lowkey calling them out. “People saying they got fat off weaker opponents.” He said that a couple times to make sure you heard it. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,453

Post#550 » by robillionaire » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:53 pm

duetta wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I guess we can always go over to the Raptors' forum if we want to participate in RJ debate. They're already in fully swing there.

They got IQ and the Detroit first pick of the 2nd round for their pains...

They’ll have to pay IQ a grotesque amount of money to keep him anyway. Glad that’s not our problem
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,453

Post#551 » by robillionaire » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:56 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

This forum affords posters VERY long leashes… especially longtimers. That freedom allows us to have a lot of fun and little personal storylines amid the basketball discussion. It’s also part of the reason why some behavior appears unchecked. The times the mods speak publicly on that kind of thing are such a small percentage of what we are really working on. The new mods are doing a great job.

To that point… Jimmit gets thrown around a lot and is a great example. He is no martyr. Jimmit was free to speak for a very long time. He did not get banned for not liking RJ Barrett. He was allowed to do that for a very, very long time. The mod team and the checks and balances we have with administration do not allow that kind of thing. Dude got banned generally for serial trolling, baiting, personal attacks, etc. I’m going to leave that there.

I have lots of reservations about Randle, but there are things about him I admire. I’m not afraid to show him love when he’s doing good and share my frustration when he isn’t.

I loved RJ in a Knick uniform. I was never afraid to criticize his limitations. I also didn’t hide in threads when he performed poorly because my fandom is not defined by a desire to troll or dunk on people for attention. There’s a culture of that and it spikes at times, taking away from the overall discussion and health of the forum. It’s probably pretty hard not to take part in these kinds of culture wars when entire identities are attached to specific players.

Thank you to mph, cap, guano, melo, sham, etc. for having a respectful discussion about the situation because we needed a come to… garden? moment about some of this.

I think the notion that we are here expressing all these tensions clearly indicates that we are at such an inflection point. So, what do we want to do as a community? How do we really want to treat others and represent ourselves?

I don’t think we can truly answer that question without acknowledging that we are Knicks fans so we are all moderately psychotic
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,095

Post#552 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:05 pm

Hartenstein has played well recently, but unless this is who he is now, he is not getting overpaid. He has to prove this is how good he is now.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#553 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:13 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

I don’t think we can truly answer that question without acknowledging that we are Knicks fans so we are all moderately psychotic

:lol: we are a special bunch. and thanks for reading and reflecting.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#554 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:19 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:the legend loopy blogger!!
Read on Twitter

i miss that guy, thought he was dead

legend

i think at one time he said he had a drug problem and took a break. but i am glad to see him back

damn. that's wild. hope he is doing better.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#555 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:21 pm

Buttah304 wrote:It’s almost difficult to grasp just how good OGs defense is. Was listening to the Strickland pod and they essentially said that his defense was great but not as loud per-say as it usually is (steals/deflections and so on). One of the guys went on to say that Maxey is a tough matchup for him not realizing that Tyrese was 7-12 against everyone not named Anunoby and versus OG he was 2-8 from the field.

My point is - his defense is almost so elite that if you fall asleep on a few possessions you might miss how dominant he is. Even that switch onto Embiid was perfectly executed.

mans is a championship piece
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#556 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Donte’s inferno

The Demon from Delaware

he def on demon time. loved the signing.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,511

Post#557 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:24 pm

Until proven otherwise....The Knicks are the team to beat.

The defense is too good and they have a legit #1 in Brunson.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#558 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:29 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:Until proven otherwise....The Knicks are the team to beat.

The defense is too good and they have a legit #1 in Brunson.

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,403

Post#559 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:45 pm

Damn. Leon completed two trades in one. Got OG, Precious & Flynn, but also traded all the Knicks RealGM RJ baggage for a "Annoying RJ discussion exception"

Now the Raptor's board is infected with it.

Gangster.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,403

Post#560 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 6, 2024 9:50 pm

I too was reflecting on what kind of poster I wanted to be, if I should shed some of the acerbic attitude and occasional trolling and semi off topic transgressive comments, and focus more on being kinder and making tighter, more specific basketball analysis like comments.

Then I said "NAH!"

:-)

Return to New York Knicks