ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks unclutch fall to Magic, Randle and Divo miss crucial freethrows

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,769

Re: PG: Knicks unclutch fall to Magic, Randle and Divo miss crucial freethrows 

Post#401 » by Buttah304 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Fury wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i'm starting to wonder tho if the knicks are losing the plot a little. you're dumping all your young players but you still need to trade for a star. a brunson/randle pairing aint going anywhere because you added a 6th man type. they're kind of operating like they're already a contender but they aren't.

Yeah, I don't like this Grimes for a backup PG talk. Gotta package him for something that moves the needle.

his value gotta be the lowest it's been right now too. try to see if you can rebuild it a little first.

I’m laughing at the fact that people still believe Thibs is gonna willingly develop 2 rookies with our upcoming draft. This man has punted RJ-IQ-Obi to the moon and Gracne is up next.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,825

Post#402 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:37 pm

rajajackal wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:We need Hart to play better. His play has fallen off this year. Teams just leave him open on the perimeter. He’s just running cardio out there.

Knicks got all of Brunson's sh*tty friends and couldn't get the best one. Oh well.

i'm a hart fan but i'm still mad we paid donte divincenzo and didn't extend quickley

Those two things have nothing to do with each other
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,895

Post#403 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:38 pm

Grimes just sounds like the odd man out. Deuce is passing him, Donte passed him already, and Hart can’t be traded.

If they want to flip Fournier for another contract and someone that can play then Grimes would be the odd man out
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
KNIXFAN_83
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Post#404 » by KNIXFAN_83 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:40 pm

I feel like we are watching Knicks management implode and fans have no clue.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,825

Post#405 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:41 pm

2010 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a stupid organization. Why not attempt to swing higher.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,474

Post#406 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:41 pm

Fury wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i'm starting to wonder tho if the knicks are losing the plot a little. you're dumping all your young players but you still need to trade for a star. a brunson/randle pairing aint going anywhere because you added a 6th man type. they're kind of operating like they're already a contender but they aren't.

Yeah, I don't like this Grimes for a backup PG talk. Gotta package him for something that moves the needle.

They won't trade him for a backup PG level player. He will be added to Evan/filler and picks for DJM/Brogdon type move. He's really the only young player left we can trade that has any sort of upside or value. Whoever we trade him for will most likely be added to Randle salary for a true star level player....that has yet to emerge on the market. Unless they add Hart in that trade after firing Thibs! :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,006

Post#407 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:44 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

The article said they want to trade for a legit superstar but don’t expect that player to be available until this summer. So basically looking for minor help/upgrade that can be flipped later in that deal instead of Fournier.

The Grimes part is strange….sounds like he’s in Thibs doghouse

what's our offer for this star tho ? a bunch of likely non lottery picks. everybody has those and teams really only want them if you have an old team that might fall off before they've received them all.

i can't remember a superstar package that was soley based on picks. recently...

durant was traded for young players and picks
mitchell was traded for young players and picks
harden to brooklyn.....same
ad.....same
paul george....same
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#408 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:45 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Good afternoon. This is literally the dumbest thing you have ever posted and a ridiculous article period.

not even in my top 50 of ridiculousness things i've posted on here. i'm offended.

:lol: I just think the idea that Mitch comes back and starts is pretty ridiculous. I am a huge Mitch fan but, no. That premise is truly as bad as it gets. I get that you are having fun with it though so...carry on.

no
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,281

Post#409 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:47 pm

they are desperately trying to turn Fournier contract into something valuable so next offseason they can use that as a salary/asset for a star.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#410 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

The article said they want to trade for a legit superstar but don’t expect that player to be available until this summer. So basically looking for minor help/upgrade that can be flipped later in that deal instead of Fournier.

what's our offer for this star tho ? a bunch of likely non lottery picks. everybody has those and teams really only want them if you have an old team that might fall off before they've received them all.

ad.....same
paul george....same

I mean you got to have a star with a contract soon coming up that tells the team he wants the Knicks (basically Donovan Mitchell) :lol:

ROSTER

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#411 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
not even in my top 50 of ridiculousness things i've posted on here. i'm offended.

:lol: I just think the idea that Mitch comes back and starts is pretty ridiculous. I am a huge Mitch fan but, no. That premise is truly as bad as it gets. I get that you are having fun with it though so...carry on.

no

Yes. He'll be coming back from in season ankle surgery and limited in his minutes. Unless you want Thibs to ground your boys ankle into dust you should see the reality/logic of this.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#412 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:49 pm

i guess if duece can keep making shots he'll have some value but that's all they'll have left. i wouldn't trade a half eaten honey bun for precious, flynn or jericho sims.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#413 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:49 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Grimes just sounds like the odd man out. Deuce is passing him, Donte passed him already, and Hart can’t be traded.

If they want to flip Fournier for another contract and someone that can play then Grimes would be the odd man out

he's playing less minutes with IQ and RJ off the roster...that is pretty telling.

ROSTER

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#414 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:51 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

no

Yes. He'll be coming back from in season ankle surgery and limited in his minutes. Unless you want Thibs to ground your boys ankle into dust you should see the reality/logic of this.

you can start him and limit his minutes. that's how they treated sims before he got hurt. but look, this is what they're saying. i didn't say it. argue with the athletic. i'm just the humble messenger. :D
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#415 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:51 pm

god shammgod wrote:i guess if duece can keep making shots he'll have some value but that's all they'll have left. i wouldn't trade a half eaten honey bun for precious, flynn or jericho sims.

the deal for our star will likely be our 2 1st round picks in this draft...+ our unprotected to very lightly protected 2026+2028+2030 picks.

That is probably more interesting then Grimes anyway since someone since you lost 2 years of control on grimes and would have to pay him sooner then a pick in this upcoming draft.

ROSTER

Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,206

Post#416 » by Fury » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:52 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Fury wrote:

his value gotta be the lowest it's been right now too. try to see if you can rebuild it a little first.

I’m laughing at the fact that people still believe Thibs is gonna willingly develop 2 rookies with our upcoming draft. This man has punted RJ-IQ-Obi to the moon and Gracne is up next.

Now that I think about it, he is a disciple of Jeff Van Gundy so this makes sense
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,161

Post#417 » by Reign23 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:52 pm

this. I enjoyed the positive wave, because I knew that wouldn't last long. And if we lose in the first round, it gets really dark.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,895

Post#418 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:52 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

ad.....same
paul george....same

Not sure if it’ll be enough, but their offer will be mostly picks and contracts.

Ideally we would keep Grimes and have him build up value. It doesn’t even sound like he will get many minutes here at this point though.

Spoiler:
It’s why the Knicks would prefer to flip Fournier before Feb. 8 for someone who makes a similar amount and is under contract in 2024-25. Come next summer, they could then use that player along with a mix of other mid-salaried guys to match the money coming back on a giant contract.

The Knicks can trade up to four unprotected first-round picks and up to three unprotected first-round swaps, which they are saving for the star. They also have those four protected first-rounders that belong to other teams.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#419 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:54 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
no

you can start him and limit his minutes. that's how they treated sims before he got hurt. but look, this is what they're saying. i didn't say it. argue with the athletic. i'm just the humble messenger. :D

Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,161

Post#420 » by Reign23 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:55 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

that gif :lol:
formerly known as knickst4pe

Return to New York Knicks