ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,133

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1401 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:48 pm

2010 wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:Imagine having KD, Morant, and AE and still buns....

:lol:

And like a lame in truest form, this dude finds himself on the back of a milk carton. Mans has vanished into thin Canadian air.

Melo Let me down....

Didnt even Smoke on that Hornets Pack....

Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
RealGM
And1: 39,231

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1402 » by 2010 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:50 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
2010 wrote:

And like a lame in truest form, this dude finds himself on the back of a milk carton. Mans has vanished into thin Canadian air.

Melo Let me down....

Yeah, I was disappointed too. I wanted Melo to talk his schit. If anyone deserved to hear some get-back smack talk, it’s Hoffa. Melo went the humble route and I couldn’t bring myself to and-1 the post.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,510

Post#1403 » by HerSports85 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:57 pm

Will Hoffa return?? Who knows, but I’ll say this. The better GM won. Melo broke up his twin towers to get better fitting pieces and unlock Tatum.

Hoffa dying on the hill of Ja morant and Edwards, not willing to do some real GMing by choosing 1 to build around with KD has cost him and probably will continue until he loses them in free agency for nothing.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#1404 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:24 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Will Hoffa return?? Who knows, but I’ll say this. The better GM won. Melo broke up his twin towers to get better fitting pieces and unlock Tatum.

Hoffa dying on the hill of Ja morant and Edwards, not willing to do some real GMing by choosing 1 to build around with KD has cost him and probably will continue until he loses them in free agency for nothing.

he def going to have move one of the pieces and its not going to be KD.

AE or Morant will have to go.

I offered Williams and picks and he ignored me for AE....I was doing him a favor saving him money and he still gets a stud in return.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,841

Post#1405 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Will Hoffa return?? Who knows, but I’ll say this. The better GM won. Melo broke up his twin towers to get better fitting pieces and unlock Tatum.

Read on Twitter
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,115

Post#1406 » by Context » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:33 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:

I offered Williams and picks and he ignored me for AE....I was doing him a favor saving him money and he still gets a stud in return.

He will never trade any of those guys unless he gets two teams full of stars :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#1407 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm

Context wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

He will never trade any of those guys unless he gets two teams full of stars :lol:

How is his team of stars working out for him now.... :lol:

He can be stubborn all he want.... he just got sent packing in the first round. Couldnt close the deal last year either. KD and Morant wont be looking to good in the SIM either next year...

But I digress....

Context
RealGM

Post#1408 » by Context » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm

HerSports85 wrote:.

I'm sure you missed it but I did say "GG" after our first game but didnt see a response from you...maybe I missed it...
Anyway nice series...Couldn't limit Kawahi no matter what I tried outside of a 28 point game. And based on the sims past
recognition of JJJ this year I thought Kawhi would foul him out so I didnt play him until game 4. I think being the reigning
defensive player of the year and having that 90/90 def/blk rating should have atleast limited Kawhi to a game where he scored in
teens...It is what it is...

You did a great job build your team HS. Congrats. I was hoping to squeeze out that game 5 win so I could put Barnes in the line-up
in game 6...

Good Luck for the remainder of your run :D
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#1409 » by Context » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
Context wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

He can be stubborn all he want.... he just got sent packing in the first round. Couldnt close the deal last year either. KD and Morant wont be looking to good in the SIM either next year...

But I digress....

when he had the #2 pick in the Morant draft I inquired...He wanted a MVP package for him. What do you think he will want now TC :lol: ?!
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,510

Post#1410 » by HerSports85 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:23 pm

Context wrote:

I'm sure you missed it but I did say "GG" after our first game but didnt see a response from you...maybe I missed it...
Anyway nice series...Couldn't limit Kawahi no matter what I tried outside of a 28 point game. And based on the sims past
recognition of JJJ this year I thought Kawhi would foul him out so I didnt play him until game 4. I think being the reigning
defensive player of the year and having that 90/90 def/blk rating should have atleast limited Kawhi to a game where he scored in

You did a great job build your team HS. Congrats. I was hoping to squeeze out that game 5 win so I could put Barnes in the line-up
in game 6...

Definitely missed it context. Congrats to you as well. Losing Barnes was a really tough break, with him, I think our series definitely goes longer.

but I love every move you made with the team. Next year you’re going to be a problem and contender for sure. So I have to find ways to get better lol.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Context
RealGM

Post#1411 » by Context » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:06 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
Context wrote:

in game 6...

Definitely missed it context. Congrats to you as well. Losing Barnes was a really tough break, with him, I think our series definitely goes longer.

but I love every move you made with the team. Next year you’re going to be a problem and contender for sure. So I have to find ways to get better lol.

I figured...
Thank you! Barnes will be a pain with his increases next season :D
Thanks on the moves...most were motivated because of the sim. Yet, I was happy to gain some youth in the process.
You might be ok depending on the sim ratings. Your team was a pain in the ass to coach against :D
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,953

Post#1412 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:55 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
Context wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

But I digress....

I offered Gobert for AE. Would've added value and taken back salary too. That would've been a tough out.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,038

Post#1413 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
2010 wrote:

Melo Let me down....

I pulled a j cole fam.. :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,038

Post#1414 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 pm

2010 wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
2010 wrote:

Melo Let me down....

Yeah, I was disappointed too. I wanted Melo to talk his schit. If anyone deserved to hear some get-back smack talk, it’s Hoffa. Melo went the humble route and I couldn’t bring myself to and-1 the post.

I’m just tryna teach my son how to be humble so karma don’t get him again!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM

Post#1415 » by Context » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
2010 wrote:

Melo Let me down....

I pulled a j cole fam.. :lol:

Nah...that was career suicide :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,536

Post#1416 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:40 am

Aight, so I got the Bucks pick. Willing to explore a move down. I'm obviously going down a rebuilding path. Let me know if you all see anything.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#1417 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:41 am

Damn, didn't see that coming. Gl cavs. Will be looking to run it back with the squad again, see yall in free agency

Sent from my SM-G990W using RealGM Forums mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#1418 » by TerrenceClarke » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:26 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:Damn, didn't see that coming. Gl cavs. Will be looking to run it back with the squad again, see yall in free agency

Sent from my SM-G990W using RealGM Forums mobile app

see yall in free agency

Them Dollar players will most def take you the next level.

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Playoff picture on page 56) 

Post#1419 » by Mecca » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:30 am

bishnykfan wrote:Still missing confirmations for 2024-25 and/or GM of the Year votes from the following GM's. Please PM me ASAP so I can have all 30 votes and confirmations before the end of the weekend.

mpharris36 wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:Reminder to teams who have not PM'd me their in/out for season 8 and their GM of the year vote, please get them to me by the end of the week.

Thank you to the 11 GM's who have responded already.

If you one of the 10 GM's that have done this already please ignore but since I don't know who is in or not figured I would send out my yearly roll call just in case the message goes unseen from our commish. He would like a PM for season 8 if you are in and a vote for GM of the year.

Richard4444 wrote:

Mecca wrote:

HEZI wrote:

Smash3 wrote:

SOUL wrote:

TerrenceClarke wrote:

in
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,990

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Playoff picture on page 56) 

Post#1420 » by Richard4444 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 am

Mecca wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:Still missing confirmations for 2024-25 and/or GM of the Year votes from the following GM's. Please PM me ASAP so I can have all 30 votes and confirmations before the end of the weekend.

mpharris36 wrote:
If you one of the 10 GM's that have done this already please ignore but since I don't know who is in or not figured I would send out my yearly roll call just in case the message goes unseen from our commish. He would like a PM for season 8 if you are in and a vote for GM of the year.

IN

in
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to New York Knicks