ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,803

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1441 » by Fat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 am

Lost Dorian finney smith for 9 games fu*k
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,841

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1442 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 am

Hell of a job to get that series Fat especially game 7 on the road is no easy task.

And 2010 just the first year of the process, only looking up from here. You also had my vote for GM of the year.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
RealGM
And1: 39,231

Post#1443 » by 2010 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:46 am

NewEra wrote:Fat,
That was an extremely impressive series win you pulled off against Toronto. Rudy/Wemby is a matchup nightmare! I’m proud of you bro, cause I know how much time you put into this game from our trade talks. Glad you did it with your favorite player, Spida!

@ 2010
Spoiler:
you got my vote for GM of the year.

Hats off to you on an amazing run. Future is bright in Toronto for a very very long time.

Appreciate the vote bro. Means a lot coming from a GM as accomplished as you.

While this series didn’t pan out the way we wanted, we’ll come back better for it. Between some expected sim boosts and me knowing which weak area(s) need to be addressed, I have an optimistic outlook going forward.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#1444 » by 2010 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 am

mpharris36 wrote:Hell of a job to get that series Fat especially game 7 on the road is no easy task.

And 2010 just the first year of the process, only looking up from here. You also had my vote for GM of the year.

Thanks mph! Just like I told NewEra, it means a lot with the vote coming from a GM as decorated as you.

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,803

Post#1445 » by Fat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 am

Appreciate the love

I also voted for Raps as GM of year in the middle of the series :lol:
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,949

Post#1446 » by Capn'O » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:52 am

I think the cat is out of the bag for that award (also my vote).

So we've got our Masai and our Coach Spo in one series.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,113

Post#1447 » by Context » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:53 am

NewEra wrote:Fat,
That was an extremely impressive series win you pulled off against Toronto. Rudy/Wemby is a matchup nightmare! I’m proud of you bro, cause I know how much time you put into this game from our trade talks. Glad you did it with your favorite player, Spida!

@ 2010
Spoiler:
you got my vote for GM of the year.

Hats off to you on an amazing run. Future is bright in Toronto for a very very long time.

Toronto got my GM of the year vote as well...

Great win by Miami...Miami was one of the reasons I called the 5 game stretch (when Green went down) the most important of the season. I had the 4th spot and had two games against Miami on a back to back out of the 5...I ended up losing 5 in row for the first time...
Miami to me because of its versatility-- was one of the most dangerous teams in the east and most slept on- in the context of being a top east team...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,506

Post#1448 » by HerSports85 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:03 am

mpharris36 wrote:Hell of a job to get that series Fat especially game 7 on the road is no easy task.

lol got my vote as well 2010. You deserve it!

Great series Fat, you really put in a lot of work this season. Some GMs can say what they want about your trading, but f that.. I love it. You did it your way and got the player(s) you wanted and it paid. off.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1449 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 am

damn looks like a runaway from GM of the year....not surprised though. Well deserved.

All because he was aggressive and took the 14% odds risk and it payed off!

Scared money don't make money!

ROSTER

Context
RealGM

Post#1450 » by Context » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 am

mpharris36 wrote:damn looks like a runaway from GM of the year....not surprised though. Well deserved.

That was part of it for me as well...but the smaller pieces plus Gobert and the fact that he did while still having that contract that I'm sure he wanted to move did it for me...Ofcourse winning the division helped too...

@2010
see:
Spoiler:
Sent: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:40 pm
Recipient: bishnykfan

Subject: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64)

bishnykfan wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Congratulations to the 12 teams who have already qualified for the postseason. It has been a long season and season 7 has shown to be one of the best BaF seasons yet. More than one third of the league had 50 or more wins and as we head into the postseason, there are many championship worthy teams. Many GM's have put together fantastic rosters but only one team will win it all in June.

Tonight we begin the postseason with the first round of the play in tourney. Two additional teams will win their way into the playoffs tonight starting at 7PM. Game one of the Eastern Conference will be on Sunday while the Western Conference series will begin on Monday. As we have done in the past, teams still playing can submit individual defensive matchups if they would like. The sim allows teams to matchup five players with five players of the opposing team. If you would like to use these matchups, put it in a PM to me prior to your game. These matchups can change daily or remain the same throughout the series. Teams who do not submit matchups will be assigned the generic sim generated defensive matchup. Feel free to write me if you don't understand how to submit this.

Regular season awards will be named after the postseason concludes. One thing I've been thinking about adding to this is a GM or Executive of the Year award to be named after the season. I would ALL like GM's to vote on this. GMs can vote for anyone but themselves and the GM with the highest number of votes will be honored during awards season. Please PM me your vote by next weekend at the latest. Hopefully people will put a bit of thought into this and it can add one more thing to BaF.

Finally, as some teams have now reached their offseason and people move their focus away from BaF and a deep Knicks run in the playoffs, I want to get a quick commitment for season 8 from all GM's. Please PM me your 'in/out' for the 2024-25 season along with your GM of the Year vote before 4/21.

Congrats again to all 30 teams on another successful season. Good luck to all still fighting for that championship trophy. And as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Toronto
and I'm "IN" for next season
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1451 » by Capn'O » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:20 am

mpharris36 wrote:damn looks like a runaway from GM of the year....not surprised though. Well deserved.

Ask me if I have any regrets in two weeks :D
BAF Clippers

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1452 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:22 am

Capn'O wrote:

Ask me if I have any regrets in two weeks :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1453 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 am

Context wrote:

That was part of it for me as well...but the smaller pieces plus Gobert and the fact that he did while still having that contract that I'm sure he wanted to move did it for me...Ofcourse winning the division helped too...

@2010
see:
Spoiler:

Subject: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64)

bishnykfan wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Congratulations to the 12 teams who have already qualified for the postseason. It has been a long season and season 7 has shown to be one of the best BaF seasons yet. More than one third of the league had 50 or more wins and as we head into the postseason, there are many championship worthy teams. Many GM's have put together fantastic rosters but only one team will win it all in June.

Tonight we begin the postseason with the first round of the play in tourney. Two additional teams will win their way into the playoffs tonight starting at 7PM. Game one of the Eastern Conference will be on Sunday while the Western Conference series will begin on Monday. As we have done in the past, teams still playing can submit individual defensive matchups if they would like. The sim allows teams to matchup five players with five players of the opposing team. If you would like to use these matchups, put it in a PM to me prior to your game. These matchups can change daily or remain the same throughout the series. Teams who do not submit matchups will be assigned the generic sim generated defensive matchup. Feel free to write me if you don't understand how to submit this.

Regular season awards will be named after the postseason concludes. One thing I've been thinking about adding to this is a GM or Executive of the Year award to be named after the season. I would ALL like GM's to vote on this. GMs can vote for anyone but themselves and the GM with the highest number of votes will be honored during awards season. Please PM me your vote by next weekend at the latest. Hopefully people will put a bit of thought into this and it can add one more thing to BaF.

Finally, as some teams have now reached their offseason and people move their focus away from BaF and a deep Knicks run in the playoffs, I want to get a quick commitment for season 8 from all GM's. Please PM me your 'in/out' for the 2024-25 season along with your GM of the Year vote before 4/21.

Congrats again to all 30 teams on another successful season. Good luck to all still fighting for that championship trophy. And as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Toronto

yeah it wasn't the one singular move. But obviously grabbing a franchise altering player will headline his offseason. The other moves were icing on the cake for me.

ROSTER

Context
RealGM

Post#1454 » by Context » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:26 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:

@2010
see:
Spoiler:

bishnykfan wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Toronto

yeah it wasn't the one singular move. But obviously grabbing a franchise altering player will headline his offseason. The other moves were icing on the cake for me.

Forgot to mention the Amen pick-that too...But yeah Wemby was the headline...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#1455 » by NewEra » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:28 am

Look at MPH and Context out here quoting and And1’ing each other. There is a God! You love to see it! :D

BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1456 » by Capn'O » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 am

Honorary mention to Depalma. The east made serious strides this year.
BAF Clippers

RealGM

Post#1457 » by 2010 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:16 am

Thanks for the votes Fat, Cap, Context and HerSports! I appreciate the recognition guys.

But I don’t want to think I’ve won it until the winner is announced by bish. There are still enough GMs that the remaining votes could go to another GM giving them enough to win. As mentioned, someone like DePalma could still win.

As for the series, I’ma give Fat his flowers. Bro coached his ass off. Down 2-0, changed lineups several times and changed coaching strategies. Then when I adjusted to his adjustment he adjusted again!

:lol:

He definitely outcoached me. Props!

Context
RealGM

Post#1458 » by Context » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 am

2010 wrote:Thanks for the votes Fat, Cap, Context and HerSports! I appreciate the recognition guys.

But I don’t want to think I’ve won it until the winner is announced by bish. There are still enough GMs that the remaining votes could go to another GM giving them enough to win. As mentioned, someone like DePalma could still win.

As for the series, I’ma give Fat his flowers. Bro coached his ass off. Down 2-0, changed lineups several times and changed coaching strategies. Then when I adjusted to his adjustment he adjusted again!

:lol:

He definitely outcoached me. Props!

Forgot about the young deal :o
that too :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#1459 » by Context » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 am

Capn'O wrote:Honorary mention to Depalma. The east made serious strides this year.

Spoiler:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1460 » by Capn'O » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:39 am

Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Honorary mention to Depalma. The east made serious strides this year.

Spoiler:

Your team has been coming for years.
BAF Clippers

Return to New York Knicks