ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Playoff picture on page 56) 

Post#1261 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:04 am

Oh looks like I'm number 1, hopefully the raps win there first round match up

Sent from my SM-G990W using RealGM Forums mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,613

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Playoff picture on page 56) 

Post#1262 » by El Poochio » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:34 am

Capn'O wrote:I have not hit any of my goals yet :football: :box:

Manhattan Project wrote:Image

When you have a date with your friendly nemesis...

Some of these other cats need to step up their beefs. I can only taunt you to mid second round tops if I win.

This is a tough series. You're very versatile which makes for a challenging coverage strategy. Gotta love the Kentucky vs Kentucky matchup too. I was actually hoping to avoid the 4/5 bracket. Not because of you as the 2-6 seeds are a pretty even match but... well you and everyone else knows why. But no easy series anywhere.

Very interested in Mavs/Pels. Pooch is a brutal first round opponent for a 3 seed.

You match up well against Spurs imo, didn't you do great against them this season?

Brooklyn vs Cleveland is some play in matchup, didn't realize they were there

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
RealGM
And1: 39,229

Post#1263 » by 2010 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:46 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:Oh looks like I'm number 1, hopefully the raps win there first round match up

As much as we both want it to happen, if I were you I wouldn’t overlook your 1st round opponent. A couple of those play-in teams are dangerous potential 8th seeds.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#1264 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:04 pm

2010 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:Oh looks like I'm number 1, hopefully the raps win there first round match up

As much as we both want it to happen, if I were you I wouldn’t overlook your 1st round opponent. A couple of those play-in teams are dangerous potential 8th seeds.

It's more like your getting knocked out in the first round just so you don't have to face the Hornets

Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
RealGM

Post#1265 » by 2010 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:34 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
2010 wrote:

It's more like your getting knocked out in the first round just so you don't have to face the Hornets

Damn, you found me out! :o

Shout-out to the Miami Heat! An opponent so worthy of my respect I wouldn’t dare be looking past them, worrying about round 2 (or marginalizing them by insinuating they’re such an easy vic, that the only way I could possibly lose would be on purpose, to avoid Charlotte).

But that’s Hoffa for you.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,768

Post#1266 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:18 pm

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,361

Post#1267 » by HerSports85 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:52 pm

2010 wrote:
Context wrote:My #1 goal this season was to have a winning record. We accomplished that.

And we did it with so many of our key player being injured at key points in the season too...

Being the 6th seed is icing on the cake.

I hit on all my goals:

• 50 wins for the first time in franchise history
• Won the Atlantic Division
• Homecourt advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs

What a turnaround! Congrats 2010!!
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1268 » by HerSports85 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:53 pm

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,775

Post#1269 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:54 pm

El Poochio wrote:

Manhattan Project wrote:Image

When you have a date with your friendly nemesis...

Some of these other cats need to step up their beefs. I can only taunt you to mid second round tops if I win.

This is a tough series. You're very versatile which makes for a challenging coverage strategy. Gotta love the Kentucky vs Kentucky matchup too. I was actually hoping to avoid the 4/5 bracket. Not because of you as the 2-6 seeds are a pretty even match but... well you and everyone else knows why. But no easy series anywhere.

Very interested in Mavs/Pels. Pooch is a brutal first round opponent for a 3 seed.

You match up well against Spurs imo, didn't you do great against them this season?

BK is banged up. They're gonna be a problem next season. I agree it's stunning Cleveland's in the play-in.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1270 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:43 pm

El Poochio wrote:You match up well against Spurs imo, didn't you do great against them this season?

We handed them a couple of Ls. This is a different animal though.
BAF Clippers

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,613

Post#1271 » by bishnykfan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:06 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

Congratulations to the 12 teams who have already qualified for the postseason. It has been a long season and season 7 has shown to be one of the best BaF seasons yet. More than one third of the league had 50 or more wins and as we head into the postseason, there are many championship worthy teams. Many GM's have put together fantastic rosters but only one team will win it all in June.

Tonight we begin the postseason with the first round of the play in tourney. Two additional teams will win their way into the playoffs tonight starting at 7PM. Game one of the Eastern Conference will be on Sunday while the Western Conference series will begin on Monday. As we have done in the past, teams still playing can submit individual defensive matchups if they would like. The sim allows teams to matchup five players with five players of the opposing team. If you would like to use these matchups, put it in a PM to me prior to your game. These matchups can change daily or remain the same throughout the series. Teams who do not submit matchups will be assigned the generic sim generated defensive matchup. Feel free to write me if you don't understand how to submit this.

Regular season awards will be named after the postseason concludes. One thing I've been thinking about adding to this is a GM or Executive of the Year award to be named after the season. I would ALL like GM's to vote on this. GMs can vote for anyone but themselves and the GM with the highest number of votes will be honored during awards season. Please PM me your vote by next weekend at the latest. Hopefully people will put a bit of thought into this and it can add one more thing to BaF.

Finally, as some teams have now reached their offseason and people move their focus away from BaF and a deep Knicks run in the playoffs, I want to get a quick commitment for season 8 from all GM's. Please PM me your 'in/out' for the 2024-25 season along with your GM of the Year vote before 4/21.

Congrats again to all 30 teams on another successful season. Good luck to all still fighting for that championship trophy. And as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
bishnykfan

Post#1272 » by bishnykfan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:12 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

Congratulations to the 12 teams who have already qualified for the postseason. It has been a long season and season 7 has shown to be one of the best BaF seasons yet. More than one third of the league had 50 or more wins and as we head into the postseason, there are many championship worthy teams. Many GM's have put together fantastic rosters but only one team will win it all in June.

Tonight we begin the postseason with the first round of the play in tourney. Two additional teams will win their way into the playoffs tonight starting at 7PM. Game one of the Eastern Conference playoffs will be on Sunday while the Western Conference series will begin on Monday. As we have done in the past, teams still playing can submit individual defensive matchups if they would like. The sim allows teams to matchup up to five players with five players of the opposing team. If you would like to use these matchups, put it in a PM to me prior to your game. These matchups can change daily or remain the same throughout the series. Teams who do not submit matchups will be assigned the generic sim generated defensive matchup. Feel free to write me if you don't understand how to submit this.

Regular season awards will be named after the postseason concludes. One thing I've been thinking about adding to this is a GM or Executive of the Year award to be named after the season. I would like ALL GM's to vote on this. GMs can vote for anyone but themselves and the GM with the highest number of votes will be honored during awards season. Please PM me your vote by next weekend at the latest. Hopefully people will put a bit of thought into this and it can add one more thing to BaF.

Finally, as some teams have now reached their offseason and people move their focus away from BaF and onto a deep Knicks run in the playoffs, I want to get a quick commitment for season 8 from all GM's. Please PM me your 'in/out' for the 2024-25 season along with your GM of the Year vote before 4/21.

Congrats again to all 30 teams on another successful season. Good luck to all still fighting for that championship trophy. And as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
All-Time Draft

RealGM

Post#1273 » by 2010 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:58 pm

bishnykfan wrote:

My GM of the Year vote is in! So many great minds it was really hard to choose just one.

Bish, will you only announce the winner or will we be able to know the additional vote getters, kinda how the NBA does it?

Seeing vote-getters aside from the winner may be a way to recognize the other quality GMs who don’t win the award.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,768

Post#1274 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:37 pm

Spoiler:
bishnykfan wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

Tonight we begin the postseason with the first round of the play in tourney. Two additional teams will win their way into the playoffs tonight starting at 7PM. Game one of the Eastern Conference will be on Sunday while the Western Conference series will begin on Monday. As we have done in the past, teams still playing can submit individual defensive matchups if they would like. The sim allows teams to matchup five players with five players of the opposing team. If you would like to use these matchups, put it in a PM to me prior to your game. These matchups can change daily or remain the same throughout the series. Teams who do not submit matchups will be assigned the generic sim generated defensive matchup. Feel free to write me if you don't understand how to submit this.

Regular season awards will be named after the postseason concludes. One thing I've been thinking about adding to this is a GM or Executive of the Year award to be named after the season. I would ALL like GM's to vote on this. GMs can vote for anyone but themselves and the GM with the highest number of votes will be honored during awards season. Please PM me your vote by next weekend at the latest. Hopefully people will put a bit of thought into this and it can add one more thing to BaF.

Finally, as some teams have now reached their offseason and people move their focus away from BaF and a deep Knicks run in the playoffs, I want to get a quick commitment for season 8 from all GM's. Please PM me your 'in/out' for the 2024-25 season along with your GM of the Year vote before 4/21.

Bish I think I speak for everyone by saying how crazy it is we are going into our season 7 postseason with season 8 on the horizon. I don't think anyone could have imagined the success when you decided to start this up over 7 years ago.

Truly amazing.

I play in big money fantasy leagues and obviously spend a lot of time watching our favorite teams. But I honestly nothing compares to this league. I put in more time and get more enjoyment out of this league then everything outside my family.

Crazy what you built!

GOAT
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,109

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1275 » by TerrenceClarke » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:37 pm

The worst team 2 years in a row.nasty work…..

Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
bishnykfan

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1276 » by bishnykfan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:48 pm

TRANSACTION

The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to sign Mike Muscala for $1/1 year.
All-Time Draft

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1277 » by HerSports85 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:15 am

Brooklyn is in!
RealGM

Post#1278 » by 2010 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:11 am

Spoiler:
VICTOR WEMBANYAMA

RUDY GOBERT

TREY MURPHY III

TRAE YOUNG

TRE MANN

AMEN THOMPSON

DE’ANDRE HUNTER

JARED BUTLER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,931

Post#1279 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

BK is banged up. They're gonna be a problem next season. I agree it's stunning Cleveland's in the play-in.

sim been doing me dirty all season. got tatum looking like jerry stackhouse and bam plays like bargnani whenever he's matched up against guys like plumlee. doesn't make any sense. i hate the way the sim has been trending unrealistically personally but it is what it is. maybe next year it'll get better.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1280 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:12 pm

As long as this game runs and I run...

In.
BAF Clippers

Return to New York Knicks