ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Context
RealGM
And1: 13,108

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1381 » by Context » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:46 pm

2010 wrote:
Context wrote:
NewEra wrote:Raps/Heat could come down to HCA, but I don’t see Gobert, Wemby, Trae allowing it to go seven. I’d love to see that though, for entertainment purposes.

SGA is playing out of his mind. Really interested to see how the Clips (who are dominating) handle the Champion Spurs.

DET being one game away from a Scottie Barnes comeback was crazy. They won a big one vs CHI (minus LaMelo), but HerSports got that team playing really well.

Utah sweep was a bit surprising. Thought that series would be more competitive.

We’re in for a treat with Magic vs Bulls I think

Read on Twitter

I’m happy to have two players on that list (Wemby and Gobert — two finalists for the NBA DPOTY Award) but one day soon I gotta see Amen Thompson join them, as well.

You may be unbeatable next year depending on how the sim updates you...
You were so right about Amen...You obviously were destine to have the kid...you know how I get down- had I looked into the twins-
I would have reached and took him...just keeping it real...
And once Wemby is sim recognized- youll be able to move Gobert if he doesnt fit your financial plan...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1382 » by Context » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:49 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
2010 wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m happy to have two players on that list (Wemby and Gobert — two finalists for the NBA DPOTY Award) but one day soon I gotta see Amen Thompson join them, as well.

They did your man Rudy dirty. He was voted most overrated by NBA players as well which is kinda crazy.

If his numbers are the same he will be recognized by the sim...Honestly - I havent seen him play one game this year..
I do wonder why the nba players feel hes over-rated...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
RealGM
And1: 39,231

Post#1383 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:26 pm

Context wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
2010 wrote:

They did your man Rudy dirty. He was voted most overrated by NBA players as well which is kinda crazy.

If his numbers are the same he will be recognized by the sim...Honestly - I havent seen him play one game this year..
I do wonder why the nba players feel hes over-rated...

He has had a very good statistical year for his archetype (efficiency, rebounds, blocks, defensive impact, etc).

Players don’t really like him like that for several reasons (Euro, can get a bit whiny, is blamed for starting COVID among the players, didn’t really get along well with Spida Mitchell when they were on the Jazz).

But his sim impact may arguably be even stronger than his irl impact. He’ll be rated nicely again next sim season for sure.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#1384 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 pm

Context wrote:
2010 wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

You were so right about Amen...You obviously were destine to have the kid...you know how I get down- had I looked into the twins-
And once Wemby is sim recognized- youll be able to move Gobert if he doesnt fit your financial plan...

The future for Amen looks promising. If he can develop even a league average 3pt shot then he likely becomes a star 2-way wing with lead guard abilities. Plus the rare wing who can play off the ball in the dunkers spot or equally well in the short roll.

Context
RealGM

Post#1385 » by Context » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:25 pm

2010 wrote:
Context wrote:
2010 wrote:

The future for Amen looks promising. If he can develop even a league average 3pt shot then he likely becomes a star 2-way wing with lead guard abilities. Plus the rare wing who can play off the ball in the dunkers spot or equally well in the short roll.

His all around impact is so strong that whether he develops a 3pt shot wont matter. I've never seen a player like him. Green and Amen will be that duo for the rockets 2010.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
RealGM

Post#1386 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:52 pm

Context wrote:
2010 wrote:
Context wrote:You may be unbeatable next year depending on how the sim updates you...

His all around impact is so strong that whether he develops a 3pt shot wont matter. I've never seen a player like him. Green and Amen will be that duo for the rockets 2010.

Yeah, Amen’s a unique player (his brother too).

Jalen Green really had his coming out party as well. He was a player I was extremely high on during his draft class, so I’m glad to see he’s panned out.

Your squad is stacked with young talent. Gonna be some real battling for playoff seeding next season.

Context
RealGM

Post#1387 » by Context » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:58 pm

2010 wrote:
Context wrote:
2010 wrote:

Yeah, Amen’s a unique player (his brother too).

Jalen Green really had his coming out party as well. He was a player I was extremely high on during his draft class, so I’m glad to see he’s panned out.

Your squad is stacked with young talent. Gonna be some real battling for playoff seeding next season.

I spent going 8-17 playing around with line-ups before I went with some consistent line-ups...There is still much more to learn but I have an idea of what I want to do this off season.

What I love about Green is you can tell that he hasnt figured everything out yet but he determind to do so. This year will be interesting for him as him and Segun go on a discovery of how to play off one another...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
RealGM

Post#1388 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:41 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

RealGM

Post#1389 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:22 pm

Oh man, what a series!

Not the result we wanted tonight, but this is why you work so hard to secure HCA.

Good game Fat!

Game 7, here we come!

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,803

Post#1390 » by Fat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:26 am

2010 wrote:Oh man, what a series!

Not the result we wanted tonight, but this is why you work so hard to secure HCA.

Good game Fat!

Game 7, here we come!

Good game bro tryna talk sh*t caught you karma tonight. I would love to talk my sh*t but I don’t want to suffer that same fate for this final game. Ima stay humble for this one

Spoiler:
I lied we smoking that raptors pack soon Image
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,127

Post#1391 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 am

There is a new post season award. The Ryan Garcia award.

It goes to the least humble GMs :o

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2wbcsPRwZY1HbKGKtKtJ8Q
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,935

Post#1392 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 am

Wow to Cleveland :o

What a brutal R1 draw for the Hornets.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,841

Post#1393 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:49 am

huge upset!

hell of a series Melo
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
RealGM

Post#1394 » by 2010 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:01 am

Fat wrote:
2010 wrote:Oh man, what a series!

Good game Fat!

Game 7, here we come!

Good game bro tryna talk sh*t caught you karma tonight. I would love to talk my sh*t but I don’t want to suffer that same fate for this final game. Ima stay humble for this one

Spoiler:
I lied we smoking that raptors pack soon Image

:lol:

RealGM

Post#1395 » by 2010 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:06 am

Congrats Melo!!!

Hoffa slept on you and tried to overlook the kid, letting his obsession with me and my Raptors get the best of him!

Ya luv tuh c it!!! :lol:

I’ma take care of this business in Toronto Wednesday…

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,026

Post#1396 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 am

very grateful to see my team perform at a high level in the playoffs after a disappointing regular season. this is what i envisoned all along. good series hoffa, you built a very good team that was difficult to beat.

cavs nation stand up!

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#1397 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 pm

Imagine having KD, Morant, and AE and still buns....

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#1398 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:42 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:very grateful to see my team perform at a high level in the playoffs after a disappointing regular season. this is what i envisoned all along. good series hoffa, you built a very good team that was difficult to beat.

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#1399 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 pm

Miami and Toronto

RealGM

Post#1400 » by 2010 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:46 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Imagine having KD, Morant, and AE and still buns....

And like a lame in truest form, this dude finds himself on the back of a milk carton. Mans has vanished into thin Canadian air.

Return to New York Knicks