ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,807

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1361 » by Fat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 pm

Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
RealGM
And1: 39,231

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64) 

Post#1362 » by 2010 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:19 pm

Fat wrote:Image

Good game bro. Glad we protected HCA. Now hopefully we can close this thing out down in Miami.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#1363 » by 2010 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:13 pm

The Toronto Raptors scored 37 points in the first quarter, to once again open up a big early lead that they would never relinquish, defeating the Miami Heat in a wire-to-wire win to take a 3-2 series lead.

The Raptors protected their homecourt advantage at Scotiabank Arena in Ontario, Canada. The win pushes the Heat to the brink of elimination, as they head back to Miami in hopes of keeping their post-season alive.

Toronto’s Rudy Gobert dominated with a 20/20 game, while Victor Wembanyama and Trae Young rounded out the contributions from the Raptors big 3. Devin Vassell stuffed the stat sheet across a plethora of categories, and Trey Murphy III played his 3nD role to perfection by stretching the floor playing off his teammates on offense, and locking up Gary Trent Jr. on defense.

Rudy Gobert
27 PTS | 13-20 FG | 20 REB | 9 OREB

Victor Wembanyama
21 PTS | 9-14 FG | 2-4 3PT | 7 REB | 1 BLK

Trae Young
19 PTS | 6-12 FG | 9 AST | 5 REB

Devin Vassell
14 PTS | 6-11 FG | 2-4 3PT | 9 REB | 5 AST | 4 STL | 1 BLK

Trey Murphy III
12 PTS | 5-10 FG | 2-5 3PT

Amen Thompson
11 PTS | 2-3 3PT | 3 AST | 3 REB

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,625

Post#1364 » by El Poochio » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:31 pm

Clips in 7. Come on Cap end the reign of mpharris terror!

Cavs vs Hornets is prime time BAF TV regardless of seeding

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
RealGM

Post#1365 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:58 am

For this to be the middle of the playoffs there needs to be more chatter in here. GMs need to get more active. I don’t want bish to end up feeling like it’s not worth all the time and effort. There’s only been a handful of consistent GMs posting. This is supposed to be peak season for us. Don’t take this game for granted. There are no guarantees that it’ll be around year-to-year.

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#1366 » by NewEra » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:05 am

Wanna tip my hat to Smash, A GM who is top 3 in all-time BaF wins. Though inactive for much of the season, that team still managed to beat us three out of the four times we met. Historically we’ve struggled against Portland when it counts the most, so it feels good to get over the hurdle. Nothing but respect for you, OG.

What can I say about my Warriors. They say defense wins championships, and this group of guys continue to defend at a very high level holding the Blazers to an average of 90 points in round one. That’s twenty points below their season average of 110 points. Happy, yet humbled to close out round one, but also fully aware that there’s so much more work to do.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,841

Post#1367 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:09 am

2010 wrote:For this to be the middle of the playoffs there needs to be more chatter in here. GMs need to get more active. I don’t want bish to end up feeling like it’s not worth all the time and effort. There’s only been a handful of consistent GMs posting. This is supposed to be peak season for us. Don’t take this game for granted. There are no guarantees that it’ll be around year-to-year.

I feel like its gotta be more of the non-playoff teams (or teams eliminated) commenting on the action in the playoffs. Otherwise it just kinda feels like gloating or talking to yourself for the teams in it. For some reason not too many people interact in the thread in the playoffs, whether that be the teams facing each other don't want to give away too much or the teams that aren't in it are already prepping for the offseason.

I look forward to everytime Bish posts the scores in the playoffs and look at all the boxscores. I hope that the case for everyone (especially in the playoffs).
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1368 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:14 am

one more series in the west before the last 4 have been decided. So far going pretty much how I expected in the West.

If CLE can pull off the upset in the East (big game 6 at home) that would certainly shake things up.

TOR/MIA seems like it is going 7 with the way each team has handled there business at home. But anything can happen.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1369 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 am

NewEra wrote:Wanna tip my hat to Smash, A GM who is top 3 in all-time BaF wins. Though inactive for much of the season, that team still managed to beat us three out of the four times we met. Historically we’ve struggled against Portland when it counts the most, so it feels good to get over the hurdle. Nothing but respect for you, OG.

What can I say about my Warriors. They say defense wins championships, and this group of guys continue to defend at a very high level holding the Blazers to an average of 90 points in round one. That’s twenty points below their season average of 110 points. Happy, yet humbled to close out round one, but also fully aware that there’s so much more work to do.

holding smash to 49 pts thru 3 qtrs is pretty wild :o

ROSTER

RealGM

Post#1370 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 am

mpharris36 wrote:
2010 wrote:For this to be the middle of the playoffs there needs to be more chatter in here. GMs need to get more active. I don’t want bish to end up feeling like it’s not worth all the time and effort. There’s only been a handful of consistent GMs posting. This is supposed to be peak season for us. Don’t take this game for granted. There are no guarantees that it’ll be around year-to-year.

I feel like its gotta be more of the non-playoff teams (or teams eliminated) commenting on the action in the playoffs. Otherwise it just kinda feels like gloating or talking to yourself for the teams in it. For some reason not too many people interact in the thread in the playoffs, whether that be the teams facing each other don't want to give away too much or the teams that aren't in it are already prepping for the offseason.

I look forward to everytime Bish posts the scores in the playoffs and look at all the boxscores. I hope that the case for everyone (especially in the playoffs).

I try to provide some commentary after every game (regular season and playoffs… but especially the playoffs). Unless it’s a bad loss that I just wanna turn the page on.

Even when I was in the lottery I was chiming in, in some capacity. Just feels weird that we just had this super competitive season with all this parity and the way it’s gone almost completely dark you’d think it was the dog days of summer between the summer league and training camp with how dry it is in here.

There’s playoff battles going on with what feels like absentee GMs. Maybe people don’t want to jinx themselves. Maybe some are in hiding cuz they expected an easier series. Maybe some just genuinely busy with life.

I just don’t want the commish to chalk the lack of participation up to a lack of interest.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1371 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:21 am

2010 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I try to provide some commentary after every game (regular season and playoffs… but especially the playoffs). Unless it’s a bad loss that I just wanna turn the page on.

Even when I was in the lottery I was chiming in, in some capacity. Just feels weird that we just had this super competitive season with all this parity and the way it’s gone almost completely dark you’d think it was the dog days of summer between the summer league and training camp with how dry it is in here.

There’s playoff battles going on with what feels like absentee GMs. Maybe people don’t want to jinx themselves. Maybe some hiding cuz they expected an easier series. Maybe some just genuinely busy with life.

I just don’t want the commish to chalk the lack of participation up to a lack of interest.

completely fair. I think a lot has to do with teams not wanting to "jinx" themselves as you said while they are in the middle of a series. The knicks are also in the playoffs so I get that also consuming some peoples attention. I know some teams that are still in it are very active in Knicks game threads and other threads. So my guess they are just waiting on there series to come to a conclusion to comment.

That is why I would hope teams that aren't involved in certain series or the playoffs as a whole to get involved by commenting on the series rather than the team involved just talking about there own team...there certainly seems less engagement when a team is talking about there own team.

ROSTER

NewEra
RealGM

Post#1372 » by NewEra » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:23 am

I stopped posting for a while after the trade deadline so that I could tend more to school, work, home etc. think I gave the most time I’ve ever given to BaF this season trying to get the right mix of players to carry out the vision. The Giannis trade amongst many others had me burning the midnight oil many times lol. I’m still pretty busy now, but I never miss a box score.

I’m especially enjoying the CLE/CHA & DAL/NOP series. Dallas got some of my original guys, so it’s cool seeing them excelling in the playoffs.

I find that playoffs tend to get quiet cause nobody wants to talk trash mid-series and “jinx” anything lol. I followed every single game of my series with Portland and refused to sleep at night until I saw the box scores posted. Extremely grateful for Bish and his commitment!

Your team is a problem! Outstanding GM’ing.
RealGM

Post#1373 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:29 am

NewEra wrote:

I stopped posting for a while after the trade deadline so that I could tend more to school, work, home etc. think I gave the most time I’ve ever given to BaF this season trying to get the right mix of players to carry out the vision. The Giannis trade amongst many others had me burning the midnight oil many times lol. I’m still pretty busy now, but I never miss a box score.

I’m especially enjoying the CLE/CHA & DAL/NOP series. Dallas got some of my original guys, so it’s cool seeing them excelling in the playoffs.

I find that playoffs tend to get quiet cause nobody wants to talk trash mid-series and “jinx” anything lol. I followed every single game of my series with Portland and refused to sleep at night until I saw the box scores posted. Extremely grateful for Bish and his commitment!

Yeah, I figured the jinx factor was prevalent. Times like this I miss E-balla. His braggadocious trash talking was like “jinx-be damned” haha.

:lol:

Well, I’ma talk my schit in the spirit of E-Balla. Miami is going golfing after tomorrow. Won’t be no need for a game 7 in Toronto. We’ll be waiving out the Heat’s flame with a maple leaf.

NewEra
RealGM

Post#1374 » by NewEra » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:36 am

Raps/Heat could come down to HCA, but I don’t see Gobert, Wemby, Trae allowing it to go seven. I’d love to see that though, for entertainment purposes.

SGA is playing out of his mind. Really interested to see how the Clips (who are dominating) handle the Champion Spurs.

DET being one game away from a Scottie Barnes comeback was crazy. They won a big one vs CHI (minus LaMelo), but HerSports got that team playing really well.

Utah sweep was a bit surprising. Thought that series would be more competitive.

We’re in for a treat with Magic vs Bulls I think
NewEra
RealGM

Post#1375 » by NewEra » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:37 am

2010 wrote:
NewEra wrote:

Yeah, I figured the jinx factor was prevalent. Times like this I miss E-balla. His braggadocious trash talking was like “jinx-be damned” haha.

:lol:

Well, I’ma talk my schit in the spirit of E-Balla. Miami is going golfing after tomorrow. Won’t be no need for a game 7 in Toronto. We’ll be waiving out the Heat’s flame with a maple leaf.

Yea EB did not care win or lose he wanna gonna talk :lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,967

Post#1376 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:09 am

I feel like behind the scenes for all the playoff teams is like:

Spoiler:

But how the hell do you gameplan for Curry and Jokic over 7 games? That pairing never stops being **** up. Especially without a "double off of bozo" defensive option. Or zone.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,121

Post#1377 » by Context » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:50 pm

NewEra wrote:Raps/Heat could come down to HCA, but I don’t see Gobert, Wemby, Trae allowing it to go seven. I’d love to see that though, for entertainment purposes.

SGA is playing out of his mind. Really interested to see how the Clips (who are dominating) handle the Champion Spurs.

DET being one game away from a Scottie Barnes comeback was crazy. They won a big one vs CHI (minus LaMelo), but HerSports got that team playing really well.

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
RealGM

Post#1378 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:30 pm

Context wrote:
NewEra wrote:Raps/Heat could come down to HCA, but I don’t see Gobert, Wemby, Trae allowing it to go seven. I’d love to see that though, for entertainment purposes.

Read on Twitter

I’m happy to have two players on that list (Wemby and Gobert — two finalists for the NBA DPOTY Award) but one day soon I gotta see Amen Thompson join them, as well.

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,134

Post#1379 » by TerrenceClarke » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:34 pm

2010 wrote:
Context wrote:

Read on Twitter

I’m happy to have two players on that list (Wemby and Gobert — two finalists for the NBA DPOTY Award) but one day soon I gotta see Amen Thompson join them, as well.

They did your man Rudy dirty. He was voted most overrated by NBA players as well which is kinda crazy.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
RealGM

Post#1380 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:39 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
2010 wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

They did your man Rudy dirty. He was voted most overrated by NBA players as well which is kinda crazy.

I don’t think he is the most well-liked player among his peers. Even his own former teammate Donovan Mitchell didn’t like him.

Then with the pick haul he got traded to Minny for, I’m sure some other stars who were dealt for far worse quality packages got in their feelings about that.

Then the spreading COVID at the press conference ordeal is the icing on the cake for many.

Return to New York Knicks