ImageImageImageImageImage

Upcoming Hartenstein free agency

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,550

Re: Upcoming Hartenstein free agency 

Post#121 » by Wildcat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:28 pm

The Knicks are going to keep I-Hart. This team is too tight with one another, he's tight with Thibs, so I just don't see him leaving for an extra 4 mil elsewhere.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,990

Post#122 » by Richard4444 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:16 pm

I think the Knicks will surprise us this offseason somehow. Something does not fit.

The Knicks has already 125M locked in 8 players (Brunson, Randle, Mitch, Donte, Hart, Deuce, Sims, Bojan).

They need to pay OG, IHART, and Precious.

They still have 2 FRPs and another 2 roster spots.

They can not (to trade later for a superstar) hit the projected 189 M Mark (second tier).
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,741

Post#123 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,891

Post#124 » by aggo » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:39 pm

Richard4444 wrote:I think the Knicks will surprise us this offseason somehow. Something does not fit.

The Knicks has already 125M locked in 8 players (Brunson, Randle, Mitch, Donte, Hart, Deuce, Sims, Bojan).

They need to pay OG, IHART, and Precious.

They still have 2 FRPs and another 2 roster spots.

They can not (to trade later for a superstar) hit the projected 189 M Mark (second tier).

trade mitch

sorry precious, but atleast we helped you get another contract and didn't let you rot on the bench

we have to draft the 2frps. having Jacob toppin, Charlie Brown, dudes that are 23 year old rookies with 0 upside is a non-starter.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,132

Post#125 » by sol537 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:49 pm

1) Re-sign iHart, OG, and Precious (only if he accepts a bargain deal)
2) Explore the trade market with Mitch, Bogs, and picks
3) If there's no interest in Randle, run it back with the same core and the new piece(s) we bring back in #2 above

A sound plan to 55-60 wins...
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,562

Post#126 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:53 pm

I heard we could offer 15.5 mill per year. I think that should be enough...barely.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,090

Post#127 » by Jeffrey » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:11 pm

RHODEY wrote:I heard we could offer 15.5 mill per year. I think that should be enough...barely.

Are you sure? Poetl signed a 3 year 60m contract and Olynyk extended 2 years 24m. He's probably going to look for 20m per year.

OKC and Orlando can definitely offer him that
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,068

Post#128 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:14 pm

Cap looks as if it’s increasing ~6 mill to 141 …I think trading Mitch and resigning IHart is our best course of action
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,204

Post#129 » by HerSports85 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:15 pm

Sorry Mitch
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,052

Post#130 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:17 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:Cap looks as if it’s increasing ~6 mill to 141 …I think trading Mitch and resigning IHart is our best course of action

Yeah the writing is on the wall.

With Randle being injured, he's probably off the table for now as a trade piece, so Leon will have to use Mitch + Bojan's contracts to try and add another piece.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#131 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:19 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
RHODEY wrote:I heard we could offer 15.5 mill per year. I think that should be enough...barely.

Are you sure? Poetl signed a 3 year 60m contract and Olynyk extended 2 years 24m. He's probably going to look for 20m per year.

Dont see why OKC offers him that, when they have Chet. @20 million for a backup? Orlando?....that might be a concern...

Shocked Poetl got that much...
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,023

Post#132 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:28 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

Dont see why OKC offers him that, when they have Chet. @20 million for a backup? Orlando?....that might be a concern...

depending on what his actual current year salary is (somewhere between low $8m and low $9m), he's eligible for a starting salary up to low $16m. due to early bird, we can offer no less than 2 years with that starting salary. not sure if he would want to go 4 years at that number. if he wants to bet on himself again we could maybe do a 3-year with player option for third.

gotta hope no one wants to outbid us.

if he were 1-and-1-eligible, this might be an easier call for him to stay and extend. we couldn't josh hart him (handshake extension) until that second year.

please correct if i have any of this wrong.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#133 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:42 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

depending on what his actual current year salary is (somewhere between low $8m and low $9m), he's eligible for a starting salary up to low $16m. due to early bird, we can offer no less than 2 years with that starting salary. not sure if he would want to go 4 years at that number. if he wants to bet on himself again we could maybe do a 3-year with player option for third.

gotta hope no one wants to outbid us.

if he were 1-and-1-eligible, this might be an easier call for him to stay and extend. we couldn't josh hart him (handshake extension) until that second year.

please correct if i have any of this wrong.

Orl might try to c@cklblock, they could use him. But maybe he does thje loyalty thing for 16mil per?
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,090

Post#134 » by Jeffrey » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:59 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

A lot of people thought OKC needed a big body. 3 years 60m that lines up with SGA's contract will probably get him to sign.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,068

Post#135 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:15 pm

I would add in Utah Jazz... next year they have Yurtseven and Kessler...hes also the right shade
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
knicksstuff
Sophomore
And1: 289

Post#136 » by knicksstuff » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:21 pm

Highest starting salary Knicks can offer in Year 1 due to early bird rights is 16 million
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#137 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:17 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

A lot of people thought OKC needed a big body. 3 years 60m that lines up with SGA's contract will probably get him to sign.
Don't know any backup centers making near that much.
styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 583

Post#138 » by styLesdavis » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:20 am

Video from basketnews about the impact of Hartenstein. You might not be familiar with them since they focus mainly on EuroLeague but their analysis are spot on.

[url][/url]

Not just Hartensteins defensive metric but they also mention (as great as Thibs is on the defensive end) how bad Thibs includes Isaiah on the offensive end where his passing abilities could really make a difference.

To be fair: of Thibs doesn`t change (and he won`t) - i would like Hartenstein to find a suitable franchise like Orlando.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,567

Post#139 » by HopelessKnick » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:46 am

I would be surprised if no other team offers him 3years and 60million. He is worth it.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,023

Post#140 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:53 pm

styLesdavis wrote:Video from basketnews about the impact of Hartenstein. You might not be familiar with them since they focus mainly on EuroLeague but their analysis are spot on.

[url][/url]

Not just Hartensteins defensive metric but they also mention (as great as Thibs is on the defensive end) how bad Thibs includes Isaiah on the offensive end where his passing abilities could really make a difference.

To be fair: of Thibs doesn`t change (and he won`t) - i would like Hartenstein to find a suitable franchise like Orlando.

thanks for the video.

have you watched the most recent games? hartenstein has been a fulcrum and release valve in the offense. much more usage than earlier in the season.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks