ImageImageImageImageImage

Upcoming Hartenstein free agency

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,506

Re: New “Knicks culture” will be put to test this summer 

Post#101 » by Synciere » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:09 am

First order of business? Jeez, hyperbole much?

We need to go big game hunting first. After that, we can shore up the guys more on the margin like iHart.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,891

Post#102 » by aggo » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:47 am

Synciere wrote:First order of business? Jeez, hyperbole much?

We need to go big game hunting first. After that, we can shore up the guys more on the margin like iHart.

no, it really is....

It's not hyperbole to say if we can get iHart to a 12ppg scorer and/or shoot threes, this is the biggest upgrade we can make for our team, as it does not involve any assets or risks to chemistry to play styles.

the gravity ihart being able to shoot threes would open up the paint on side empties and allow even greater iso production out of randle and brunson.

even just getting ihart to 12ppg where he gets 4-5 touches to go get a bucket is free offense that we need to unlock. people forget in this league when everyone is going speed and small ihart is a legit 7 footer who should be able to do his own form of bully ball against small centers.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,506

Post#103 » by Synciere » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:14 pm

aggo wrote:

no, it really is....

It's not hyperbole to say if we can get iHart to a 12ppg scorer and/or shoot threes, this is the biggest upgrade we can make for our team, as it does not involve any assets or risks to chemistry to play styles.

the gravity ihart being able to shoot threes would open up the paint on side empties and allow even greater iso production out of randle and brunson.

even just getting ihart to 12ppg where he gets 4-5 touches to go get a bucket is free offense that we need to unlock. people forget in this league when everyone is going speed and small ihart is a legit 7 footer who should be able to do his own form of bully ball against small centers.

Thibs is our coach. iHart has been here years. They're not going to suddenly have him start shooting 3s. When we signed him it was mentioned repeatedly that he could stretch the floor, only for him to get here and be planted in the paint. Now that's not me complaining, because I think Thibs just looks at it like let the best three point shooters on the team get those shots rather than trying to force another team's center out of the paint. So we have to value iHart as he's currently being used, and that version of him isn't the biggest move we can make. Dream bigger my Knickerbocker. Our assets are worth more being put into a player than they are in our pockets. That's where we can make the biggest improvement to this team.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,891

Post#104 » by aggo » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:27 pm

Synciere wrote:
aggo wrote:

no, it really is....

Thibs is our coach. iHart has been here years. They're not going to suddenly have him start shooting 3s. When we signed him it was mentioned repeatedly that he could stretch the floor, only for him to get here and be planted in the paint. Now that's not me complaining, because I think Thibs just looks at it like let the best three point shooters on the team get those shots rather than trying to force another team's center out of the paint. So we have to value iHart as he's currently being used, and that version of him isn't the biggest move we can make. Dream bigger my Knickerbocker. Our assets are worth more being put into a player than they are in our pockets. That's where we can make the biggest improvement to this team.

Ihart has shoot corner threes for the team in the past
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,090

Re: Upcoming Hartenstein free agency 

Post#105 » by GONYK » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:22 pm

Thibs values offensive rebounding pretty highly and it is a big part of our offensive efficiency. I don't think he thinks our C's shooting 3's, even at a 33% clip, outweighs the value of offensive rebounding.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,739

Post#106 » by Guano » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:15 pm

GONYK wrote:Thibs values offensive rebounding pretty highly and it is a big part of our offensive efficiency. I don't think he thinks our C's shooting 3's, even at a 33% clip, outweighs the value of offensive rebounding.

Too lazy to look it up, but the trade off isn't just offensive rebounds vs 3pointers from the C, it's also the efficiency of points in the paint because our C isn't clogging the lane.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#107 » by GONYK » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:19 pm

Guano wrote:
GONYK wrote:Thibs values offensive rebounding pretty highly and it is a big part of our offensive efficiency. I don't think he thinks our C's shooting 3's, even at a 33% clip, outweighs the value of offensive rebounding.

Too lazy to do look it up, but the trade off isn't just offensive rebounds vs 3pointers from the C, it's also the efficiency of points in the paint because our C isn't clogging the lane.

That would only happen if our C's had real gravity. This basically means shooting league average from 3 at a good volume. Otherwise teams will just treat them like Myles Turner.

That's never going to happen with Mitch and Hartenstein.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#108 » by ctorres » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:20 pm

Pay Hartenstein to be our new starting center.

Mitch comes off the bench for him.

They're best friends who text every day and go to each others' baby showers.

I'm sure Mitch would be supportive of the move if their friendship depended on it.

I do not want to break them up. It would have a negative impact on team chemistry and potentially ruin our chance at a championship!
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#109 » by ctorres » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:23 pm

In all seriousness, I feel like Mitch is better suited to come off the bench where his free throw shooting is not as much of a hindrance to the team.

Opposing bench players would have a huge problem scoring in the paint against Mitch too.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#110 » by GONYK » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:35 pm

Technically, iHart is already a stretch 5 in a functional sense.

His opponent has to guard him FT line extended because he's such a good passer. You can't just let him stand there and survey the field.

He's not clogging the paint on offense, which is why our offense is incredibly efficient with him as a starter.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,597

Post#111 » by Ghetto Gospel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:22 am

Guano wrote:

Too lazy to do look it up, but the trade off isn't just offensive rebounds vs 3pointers from the C, it's also the efficiency of points in the paint because our C isn't clogging the lane.

i'd guess it also depends on the efficiency of your players.

if they suck at finishing at the rim, hello he who must not be named, then offensive rebounding is quite important. we dont really have great offensive players who i'd feel comfortable with even if the paint weren't clogged aside from brunson and maybe randle though brunson isn't really getting to the rim like that
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,450

Post#112 » by dakomish23 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:10 pm

We gotta pay this man
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,791

Post#113 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:19 pm

ctorres wrote:Pay Hartenstein to be our new starting center.

I'm sure Mitch would be supportive of the move if their friendship depended on it.

I do not want to break them up. It would have a negative impact on team chemistry and potentially ruin our chance at a championship!

FWIW, Mitch said recently that he would welcome coming off the bench.
Free Palestine
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,132

Post#114 » by sol537 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:52 pm

We're gonna sign Hart, OG, and even Precious this off-season... and you're gonna like it.

Then we'll use some combination of Mitch, Bogs, and even perhaps Randle in a trade... and you're gonna like it.

The Nova Knicks gonna be good for 5+ years... and you're gonna like it.

(IMO of course)
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,472

Post#115 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:34 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

If they pay Ihart they're going to trade Mitch, they don't have enough money to spend on OG/Precious/Ihart. They'd be spending $25-30 million between the center position with neither of them being all-stars.

Also, lets be clear, Mitch isn't a starting center, not when he missing this many games. Just think about how this season would look if we didn't have Ihart on the roster.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,740

Post#116 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:40 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

If they pay Ihart they're going to trade Mitch, they don't have enough money to spend on OG/Precious/Ihart. They'd be spending $25-30 million between the center position with neither of them being all-stars.

Also, lets be clear, Mitch isn't a starting center, not when he missing this many games. Just think about how this season would look if we didn't have Ihart on the roster.

That’s less than Gobert by a lot. Well worth the money.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#117 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:49 am

Fat Kat wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:FWIW, Mitch said recently that he would welcome coming off the bench.

Gobert is a perennial all-star and a multi-time DPOY, with the new CBA coming into effect this summer you don't blow nearly $30 million on two non-allstar centers. It's going to be one or the other, not both moving forward.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,791

Post#118 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:37 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Gobert is a perennial all-star and a multi-time DPOY, with the new CBA coming into effect this summer you don't blow nearly $30 million on two non-allstar centers. It's going to be one or the other, not both moving forward.

I-Hart + Mitch >>>> Fcking Gobert
Free Palestine
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#119 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:01 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

I-Hart + Mitch >>>> Fcking Gobert

You guys are delusional.

One of our centers has missed 81 games and counting the last two seasons, he has quite literally missed an entire season worth of basketball games, please explain to me how 1.5 Cs being paid 75% of what Gobert makes is better than him. He is an all-star, they are not, he is a DPOY, they are not, he plays 65+ games regularly which qualifies him for awards, one half of our center rotation is most likely going to miss half the season, again.

Yall just say anything to say it.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,219

Post#120 » by Kampuchea » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:17 am

Would love to keep Ihart but if not we have 2 draft picks and some decent Centers will be there as a plan B

Return to New York Knicks