ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Thibs runs team into the ground, wonders why we are short handed, lose to the Fake Allstar and Pacers

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,338

Re: PG: Thibs runs team into the ground, wonders why we are short handed, lose to the Fake Allstar and Pacers 

Post#241 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:06 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
louisorr wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Just rest this mf

Dude on the 49ers greenlaw just blew out his achilles. He'd been dealing with achilles tendonitis throughout the playoffs. It's the body saying rest me. just give the kid a mandatory rest.

That's also how KD tore his achilles.

Aaron Rodgers had a "calf strain" in preseason....
:beer: RIP mags
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,452

Re: PG: Thibs runs team into the ground, wonders why we are short handed, lose to the Fake Allstar and Pacers 

Post#242 » by cgf » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:56 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
cgmw wrote:Human nature is human nature. I don’t think guys like Hart consciously try less once they’re paid, I just think the pressure and intrinsic motivation to prove yourself during a contract year can’t be duplicated.

Hart is definitely the type of dude who locks in and performs better in high pressure situations. Nobody’s ever offered to pay me $80m if I did my job well, but I certainly imagine it would be highly motivating.

Hartenstein is clearly battling through some serious sh*t. IMO he doesn’t risk his longterm health like that any other time except during a contract year. Once he’s paid, he’ll listen to the doctors and scale it back.

My take is that Hart plays at 100mph, and that’s effective for 20-25 minutes a game. When asked to do more, he’s a lot less effective. When he’s starting and game-planned against, he’s even worse.

3/5ths of our lineup is backups forced into starter's roles. They’ve performed admirably, but they’ll look a lot better against other backups and when no one is preparing for them.

Hart's knee is injured. He is playing through it, but a lot of those super athletic plays he used to do he simply can't. Also if you watch his jump shot two things -- one: his motion is extremely unreliable two: it's strongly reliant on his lift which is currently compromised. In summary, he is going to be mediocre until next year when his knee gets some time to heal and even then he will always be a streaky rhythm shooter rather than a reliable 3-D guy.

Yeah. Dunno how much Hart needs to complain about feeling tired & worn-down before we put 2-&-2 together about why he's shooting so much worse this season. The man got little rest in the offseason, and injuries have forced him to keep playing heavy minutes for us. He just doesn't have the legs to shoot as well as he has in the past and at this point his confidence as a shooter has been hurt.

Unless we get healthy with enough time before the playoffs for Thibs too scale Hart's minutes back a lot down the stretch, I'm not sure we have much reason to expect Josh's shooting to get much better...which is why I mention the possibility of him getting Okoro'd this spring so often.

You never know when a player's confidence/swagger will turn around...but if a player doesn't have the legs to shoot as well as they are capable of, and there's little reason to think they'll get that the chance to refill their tank, it's hard to feel that it's likely.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,452

Post#243 » by cgf » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:04 pm

stuporman wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
stuporman wrote:People can talk about the guards and wings all they like but the fact remains there are 96 mins of center and power forward minutes in every NBA game when the Knicks have only Precious, Taj, Hart and Bogs to play those 96 minutes this game and every game until the Knicks get someone back healthy or from wherever.

There are 5 players that are 6-8 and taller injured right now, the fact that the FO didn't think it was an important enough need to address at the trade deadline seems a bit short-sighted. They did alot in trades this season, but this one miscalculation might lower this team's ceiling for this season.
This tells me that Mitch's comeback is a lot closer than we anticipate.

Let's not forget the last time he had an injury that prevented him from running during rehab it took him half a season to et back into game shape but the Knicks won't have that luxury of time.

Although, to be fair that was also the off season he bulked up so was too heavy when he returned and is slimmer than that season now, it may not take quite as long.

The Knicks only really need him to come off the bench for 20-25 mins to wreak havoc on opposing benches anyway because iHart has solidified himself as starter when he also returns from injury.

We'll see how Mitch looks when he gets back, let's hope it's soon enough to get into a rhythm in the regular season before the playoffs, though.

I think it speaks to how encouraged the FO has been with Achiuwa & Sims' recent form. Sims illness wasn't going to keep him out for that long. So we should have those two to share most of the center minutes until the Allstar break...with Precious getting minutes at the 4 as well.

That should give IH some rest here and we will hopefully be able to scale back his burden a bit once the other guys started getting back, letting him recharge his batteries a bit before the playoffs kick off.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#244 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:13 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
RHODEY wrote:This tells me that Mitch's comeback is a lot closer than we anticipate.

Let's not forget the last time he had an injury that prevented him from running during rehab it took him half a season to et back into game shape but the Knicks won't have that luxury of time.

Although, to be fair that was also the off season he bulked up so was too heavy when he returned and is slimmer than that season now, it may not take quite as long.

The Knicks only really need him to come off the bench for 20-25 mins to wreak havoc on opposing benches anyway because iHart has solidified himself as starter when he also returns from injury.

We'll see how Mitch looks when he gets back, let's hope it's soon enough to get into a rhythm in the regular season before the playoffs, though.

I think it speaks to how encouraged the FO has been with Achiuwa & Sims' recent form. Sims illness wasn't going to keep him out for that long. So we should have those two to share most of the center minutes until the Allstar break...with Precious getting minutes at the 4 as well.

That should give IH some rest here and we will hopefully be able to scale back his burden a bit once the other guys started getting back, letting him recharge his batteries a bit before the playoffs kick off.

Sims recent form has been out sick. He has hardly played this year. Being encouraged by his recent form? :lol: I don't think that's a good reason not to bring in another big body at all. Boj/Precious/Sims is a losing FC rotation. Taj? He should never play again. We need help even for a 10 day contract player. Thibs is a moron.
thisiskoz
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#245 » by thisiskoz » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:37 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Sims recent form has been out sick. He has hardly played this year. Being encouraged by his recent form? I don't think that's a good reason not to bring in another big body at all. Boj/Precious/Sims is a losing FC rotation. Taj? He should never play again. We need help even for a 10 day contract player. Thibs is a moron.

You act like we're not seeing how bringing in two new players is impacting chemistry. And to add a third? Not saying it's not something to explore, but there's a reason Taj gets brought back: familiarity. I agree with cgf that the front office is ok with a temporary rotation of precious and Simms, but Simms illness kinda messed that up.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#246 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:55 pm

thisiskoz wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
cgf wrote:

Sims recent form has been out sick. He has hardly played this year. Being encouraged by his recent form? I don't think that's a good reason not to bring in another big body at all. Boj/Precious/Sims is a losing FC rotation. Taj? He should never play again. We need help even for a 10 day contract player. Thibs is a moron.

You act like we're not seeing how bringing in two new players is impacting chemistry. And to add a third? Not saying it's not something to explore, but there's a reason Taj gets brought back: familiarity. I agree with cgf that the front office is ok with a temporary rotation of precious and Simms, but Simms illness kinda messed that up.

No. I am not acting like anything except a person who wants to win as many games as possible. Taj is cooked! I have been asking for another C for several weeks.

Return to New York Knicks