ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Refs and Thibs f*Ck us

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,501

Re: PG: Refs and Thibs f*Ck us 

Post#601 » by robillionaire » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:59 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:Meh, obviously Thibs doesn’t trust Deuce to handle minutes behind Brunson so we can just trade him in the off-season for some value and replace him. Obviously, he can’t play with Brunson too. Too short. Not a real pg too. He would look so bad without a three point shot. Not too hard to replace. We have two draft picks.

I agree with all that but then what was the point of signing him for 3 years. He’s gonna be around in some capacity for a while. Either off the bench or an injury reserve. Burks is expiring and probably won’t be back next year anyway.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,677

Post#602 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:08 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:Meh, obviously Thibs doesn’t trust Deuce to handle minutes behind Brunson so we can just trade him in the off-season for some value and replace him. Obviously, he can’t play with Brunson too. Too short. Not a real pg too. He would look so bad without a three point shot. Not too hard to replace. We have two draft picks.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,677

Post#603 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:10 am

robillionaire wrote:

I agree with all that but then what was the point of signing him for 3 years. He’s gonna be around in some capacity for a while. Either off the bench or an injury reserve. Burks is expiring and probably won’t be back next year anyway.

The premise here is that Thibs wants to play any young guys. How much faith do you have in that right now? Be honest. What’s the point of a pick that never plays lol?

TBH I strongly suspect Gadfly is just mad bc IQ shot 2-11 or whatever. Like that’s Deuce’s fault or something!
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#604 » by Kidknick! » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:52 am

Goble was a former Miami Dade police officer. Take that as you will...
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,374

Post#605 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:10 am

Kidknick! wrote:Goble was a former Miami Dade police officer. Take that as you will...

DEFUND THE REFEREES
Knicks365247
Junior
And1: 350

Post#606 » by Knicks365247 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:59 am

Is it just me or does Burks NEVER PASS THE BALL EVER? He's the biggest blackhole in the entire damn universe.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#607 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:28 am

Knicks365247 wrote:Is it just me or does Burks NEVER PASS THE BALL EVER? He's the biggest blackhole in the entire damn universe.

I don't remember him being this way. I just remember he sucked as a PG. Now as a PG he just brings the ball up, gets to the 3 pt line and starts chucking bricks like he's Ray Allen's evil twin!! I saw zero attempts to try and run the offense for anyone else. Just one and done chuck fest. Deuce got benched for this trash? Thibs is a moron.
:beer: RIP mags
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#608 » by Adelheid » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:35 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Knicks365247 wrote:Is it just me or does Burks NEVER PASS THE BALL EVER? He's the biggest blackhole in the entire damn universe.

I don't remember him being this way. I just remember he sucked as a PG. Now as a PG he just brings the ball up, gets to the 3 pt line and starts chucking bricks like he's Ray Allen's evil twin!! I saw zero attempts to try and run the offense for anyone else. Just one and done chuck fest. Deuce got benched for this trash? Thibs is a moron.

As long as you are not a rookie and can handle the ball, thibs will like you

it just so happens Evan cant do that at the nba lvl thats why hes benched
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#609 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:47 am

Adelheid wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Evan was a traffic cone on defense and couldn't hit the floor if he fell out of bed for two years. That's why he got benched/traded. Do you mean Deuce?

Burks isn't showing anything better than what Deuce did so far. Deuce could hit shots and defend. His mid range game improved. His 3 ball improved. His defense is miles better than anything Burks provides. Thibs is a moron. You don't shorten an 8 man rotation like this after losing 2/3 of your rotation to injuries. Oh, and we had another player leave this game with an injury too. Did I mention that Thibs is a moron?
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#610 » by Adelheid » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:45 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Evan was a traffic cone on defense and couldn't hit the floor if he fell out of bed for two years. That's why he got benched/traded. Do you mean Deuce?

Burks isn't showing anything better than what Deuce did so far. Deuce could hit shots and defend. His mid range game improved. His 3 ball improved. His defense is miles better than anything Burks provides. Thibs is a moron. You don't shorten an 8 man rotation like this after losing 2/3 of your rotation to injuries. Oh, and we had another player leave this game with an injury too. Did I mention that Thibs is a moron?

thibs is going to be thibs and he has his favoritisms that are hard to decipher; he is so aged that nobody can change his stripes no'mo...as much as I dont want to hate on him because he is the last coach to be successful for the knicks, he puts a hard cap on what this team can achieve. Its so mind blowing what he is doing and we all sound like broken records stating what he does
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,092

Post#611 » by Reign23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:23 am

TKKnicks1 wrote:McBride 5 minutes. Burks 17 minutes. This pretty much sums up Thibs coaching tonight.

I don't see how this could surprise anyone.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#612 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:24 pm

Adelheid wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Adelheid wrote:

thibs is going to be thibs and he has his favoritisms that are hard to decipher; he is so aged that nobody can change his stripes no'mo...as much as I dont want to hate on him because he is the last coach to be successful for the knicks, he puts a hard cap on what this team can achieve. Its so mind blowing what he is doing and we all sound like broken records stating what he does

It's definitely not something I want to do but, it's tough. I was over his boring/lame offense because as ugly as it was we were seeing results. I love watching good defense so, take the good with the bad. Then he does the dumbest shyt possible and it infuriates me. :lol:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,322

Post#613 » by DOT » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:24 pm

Reign23 wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:McBride 5 minutes. Burks 17 minutes. This pretty much sums up Thibs coaching tonight.

Just cause it isn't surprising don't mean it isn't disappointing.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,654

Post#614 » by Lord Commander » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:59 pm

DOT wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

Just cause it isn't surprising don't mean it isn't disappointing.

Criminal. That usage should be reversed or equally dispersed at a minimum.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,905

Post#615 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:15 pm

So think we are going to get a re-do?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#616 » by sol537 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:25 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:So think we are going to get a re-do?

No.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,905

Post#617 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:36 pm

sol537 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:So think we are going to get a re-do?

No.

I mean it is the technically correct thing to do and the play happened as the shot expired so it isn't like some mid-game issue. It was a last second blown call that for some reason their re-play rules would not allow them to fix it real time.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,416

Post#618 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:53 pm

robillionaire wrote:

To put the salary in a trade. Same for Sims.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,992

Post#619 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:56 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
aggo wrote:
the long standing rumor was

he had that all-star discussion with James Dolan and told him

"if you dont trade for me I will go to NJ/BK"

and thats why we ended up gutting the team to trade for Melo

Melo used the then NJ Nets as leverage. He was never serious about that.

Nonsense. He was dead serious about going to the Nets. He didn't care as long as he got his supermax. That's all he wanted.

I can assure you, he absolutely did not want to play in Newark on that that garbage ass 24 win Nets team in 2010 :lol:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2011.html

^^there is no way he was going to choose this slop over that squad the Knicks had with Amare. He wanted his cake and to eat it too.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,449

Post#620 » by dakomish23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:16 pm

Reign23 wrote:

You can totally expect something to happen and still be in shock that it somehow stupidly came to fruition.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks