ImageImageImageImageImage

The Precious Achiuwa Props thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Re: The Precious Achiuwa Props thread 

Post#21 » by sol537 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:35 am

They’ll sign iHart, then OG, then Precious. And then Mitch goes in a trade. Randle and Bogs too if the right deal is there.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#22 » by RHODEY » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:44 am

robillionaire wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
I’d probably just let him walk for nothing and not lose much sleep over it unless he wants to stay on a super team friendly deal

:lol: you 2 are funny... Buzzardman on the brain.

Well he’s an expiring contract, we have a lot of money on the books, hartenstein is also expiring and we gotta try to pay him, what you wanna give him? I’m not a cap expert or anything but it doesn’t seem reasonable

Restricted Free Agent.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#23 » by RHODEY » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:45 am

sol537 wrote:They’ll sign iHart, then OG, then Precious. And then Mitch goes in a trade. Randle and Bogs too if the right deal is there.

Yep for Towns, or Giannis (if we're lucky).
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#24 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:37 am

RHODEY wrote:
sol537 wrote:They’ll sign iHart, then OG, then Precious. And then Mitch goes in a trade. Randle and Bogs too if the right deal is there.

What would you give up for KAT?
:beer: RIP mags
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#25 » by RHODEY » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:55 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Hmmm, as little as possible....because is he even an upgrade over Randle? Maybe I guess since he stretches the floor. So maybe Randle and Bogs but no picks. And I realize that this would somehow be considered unrealistic....but to me that would be more than fair. I would hate giving up Bogs but since he's expiring and older I guess I would do it....maybe.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#26 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:59 am

RHODEY wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Hmmm, as little as possible....because is he even an upgrade over Randle? Maybe I guess since he stretches the floor. So maybe Randle and Bogs but no picks. And I realize that this would somehow be considered unrealistic....but to me that would be more than fair. I would hate giving up Bogs but since he's expiring and older I guess I would do it....maybe.

I think you would be watching him go elsewhere then. That deal is NOT getting Towns. I don't know if he's an upgrade over Randle skill production wise but, we might be able to play a different style that frees up the paint more. His contract will impact us moving forward though. That's the reason he would be available in the first place. We could absorb more financially but, still.

This is trade thread talk though. I was just curious.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,655

Post#27 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:07 am

Im Coming Home wrote:I just don't think he can play the 5 that well, he's too small a lot of the time. So I wonder what fit he has once Randle/Mitch are back, maybe Randle's backup but thats like 8 minutes a game cause of Thibs.

I hope he can backup Randle, also OG and guard OGs man, and play some backup C as well, especially if iHart is back but not Mitch. Play small ball 5 when the opponent goes small. Hopefully say 20 minutes there backing all 3 frontcourt spots.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#28 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:20 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I just don't think he can play the 5 that well, he's too small a lot of the time. So I wonder what fit he has once Randle/Mitch are back, maybe Randle's backup but thats like 8 minutes a game cause of Thibs.

I hope he can backup Randle, also OG and guard OGs man, and play some backup C as well, especially if iHart is back but not Mitch. Play small ball 5 when the opponent goes small. Hopefully say 20 minutes there backing all 3 frontcourt spots.

Precious earned minutes. When everyone is healthy he is gonna lose minutes for sure but, that's a few weeks away if at all. Boj will lose minutes too if everyone is back. Burks SHOULD but, Thibs is a moron.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,572

Post#29 » by Fat Kat » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:31 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,979

Post#30 » by Stannis » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:41 pm

In the OG trade, I thought Precious was just filler.

He has been worth that pick and some.
Free Palestine
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#31 » by sol537 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:57 pm

Hoping we keep Precious this off-season and he adds that corner three to his game at a 37% or better clip. Then he'd be a great 4/5 back-up big with the ability to start here and there.
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#32 » by movingon » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:10 pm

Not sure Thibs will do it, but we should really be keeping Randle at 32 minutes a game until the end of the regular season.
Precious can hold him down for 16 mins a night.
If we have Mitch and IHart fully healthy (big if) we won't need him at the 5.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,094

Post#33 » by stuporman » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:28 pm

He's earning mins in the rotation once everyone is back, it probably will only be about 15mpg but he brings a defensive intensity that Thibs loves and will likely feel comfortable letting Randle sit more for Precious. He's definitely a 4 but he's strong enough to play a little bit of small ball 5 and is quick enough to guard the perimeter, so Thibs will find a way to get him mins.

I'm most impressed by his defensive presence even though we can see how patient he has been in not getting into foul trouble considering the lack of depth behind him, playing smart so he isn't fouling himself off the floor. I know that may appear as passive defensively protecting the basket, but he has actually been real good bodying drivers, taking up space, timing his contests and blocking shots.

The Knicks have his bird rights and he's a RFA with a cap hold of $13mil, I'm not sure how much this helps or hurts the Knicks chances in retaining him but I do think they will try to keep him and hope Rose can find a way to get him on one of those team friendly deals he's been known to get players on. I know the tin foil hat crew will suggest all sort of string board theories but I'm not buying them.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,871

Post#34 » by 8516knicks » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:55 pm

Bye mitch :wink:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#35 » by KnicksGod » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:51 pm

8516knicks wrote:

Doubtful. No sign Thibs will part with Mitch. He said recently he will play once he’s ready or something of that sort. He doesn’t change his views and doesn’t think stats or the effectiveness of young players matter

If he is here he likely has his grip and that likely means Mitch is going nowhere
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,319

Post#36 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:13 pm

The writing is definitely on the wall for this to play out this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Post#37 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:32 pm

Funny how we went from thinking Precious was terrible to worrying about losing him now.

He’s been pretty much exactly what we needed from a backup big though. If he could get his jumper right he’d be perfect. Just makes the OG trade even better.

Not sure what Precious gets in free agency, but things change fast. A month ago we were worried about Hartenstein getting 20+ mill a year and now after his Achilles thing resurfacing who knows what is going to happen with him. OG was looking at 40 mill too, but his injury may have dampened that slightly.

Lots of season left. Obviously a Thibs guy though. Hope he stays.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#38 » by Fat Kat » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:54 pm

Stannis wrote:In the OG trade, I thought Precious was just filler.

He has been worth that pick and some.

OG was filler in the Precious trade
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#39 » by Fat Kat » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:56 pm

8516knicks wrote:

Both Mitch and IHart are too fragile for us to trade either one
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,447

Post#40 » by Context » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:00 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren