ImageImageImageImageImage

The Precious Achiuwa Props thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Re: The Precious Achiuwa Props thread 

Post#61 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:His biggest value will come against teams with power slashers - Brown, Siakam, Giannis, Bam/ Butler etc since he gives us the option to put OG on someone else.

Bingo. Let him run after these guys and lay the lumber on them inside. He's going to be an absolute pest which frees up OG to lock in on the wing threats.

Would be interesting to see him on GA. He is getting no calls.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,871

Post#62 » by 8516knicks » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:49 pm

cgf wrote:If we get healthy before the playoffs, it'll be really interesting to see how the minutes get distributed. Brunson, Randle, & Anunoby will surely get huge minutes, figure 36mpg+, and RobinHart will cover all 48 minutes at the 5. That leaves less than 84 minutes for DDV, Hart, Bojan, Precious, Deuce, & MJ.

We probably won't ever be fully healthy, but Thibs should have a ton of different options with which to deal with different problems and he can really play the match-up game / feed the hot-hand. Thinking about all of the different lineup combos that could be effective for us depending on the opponent, must be fun for this staff.

Who is mj? :o
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,398

Post#63 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:20 pm

8516knicks wrote:
cgf wrote:If we get healthy before the playoffs, it'll be really interesting to see how the minutes get distributed. Brunson, Randle, & Anunoby will surely get huge minutes, figure 36mpg+, and RobinHart will cover all 48 minutes at the 5. That leaves less than 84 minutes for DDV, Hart, Bojan, Precious, Deuce, & MJ.

We probably won't ever be fully healthy, but Thibs should have a ton of different options with which to deal with different problems and he can really play the match-up game / feed the hot-hand. Thinking about all of the different lineup combos that could be effective for us depending on the opponent, must be fun for this staff.

MJ Burks: The master of not passing
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#64 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:22 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
8516knicks wrote:

It's that but also worse than that - he's the master of calling his own number or passing off too late and to bail himself out, or just with zero productive purpose. He's a choker and has zero IQ for the game.

We could find an insurance guard somewhere better than him. I'd rather have Payne than him and Payne's nickname is "Hit The Window" Payne.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,020

Post#65 » by cgf » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:23 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
8516knicks wrote:Who is mj? :o

It's that but also worse than that - he's the master of calling his own number or passing off too late and to bail himself out.

We could find an insurance guard somewhere better than him. I'd rather have Payne than him and Payne's nickname is "Hit The Window" Payne.

We can gripe all we want, but Burks will play crunch time minutes for us this postseason and do well.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#66 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:26 pm

cgf wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

It's that but also worse than that - he's the master of calling his own number or passing off too late and to bail himself out.

We can gripe all we want, but Burks will play crunch time minutes for us this postseason and do well.

Except you really have no basis for saying that. The dude is playing horrifically and has never contributed to a big win in his career pretty much. It's just a fairytale statement but that's fine I guess lol.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#67 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:32 pm

cgf wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Burks has probably lost a bit defensively since last time here, and he loves to hoist up shots, but I'm ok with him being a decent warm body who hits jumpers in somewhat limited minutes.

I'm wary of Thibs playing him more if he doesn't deserve it, but Burks has a decent track record for his career, so maybe he'll do good.

Thibs willing to sub in McBride for defense over Burks a positive development
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#68 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
cgf wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Burks has probably lost a bit defensively since last time here, and he loves to hoist up shots, but I'm ok with him being a decent warm body who hits jumpers in somewhat limited minutes.

I'm wary of Thibs playing him more if he doesn't deserve it, but Burks has a decent track record for his career, so maybe he'll do good.

The last statement yes lol.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,009

Post#69 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:07 pm

sneezy has been a nice surprise from that deal.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#70 » by BKlutch » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:His biggest value will come against teams with power slashers - Brown, Siakam, Giannis, Bam/ Butler etc since he gives us the option to put OG on someone else.

Bingo. Let him run after these guys and lay the lumber on them inside. He's going to be an absolute pest which frees up OG to lock in on the wing threats.

When he arrived I thought he was mainly an undersize 5. Now we see he can play the small ball 5, but he's really the 4 we've been looking for. He's a decent defender and certainly a good backup to Julius (and more versatile in certain situations).

I'd seen him play a few decent games and hoped he'd be decent, but now I'm thinking he's another hidden bargain that Leon found for us. He's so much more helpful to winning than RJ was, and if we compare the value of OG to IQ for us, we won with both sides of that trade. In fact, Evil Donte Malachi was a win for us, too, because he was useful in trading for Bojan from Detroit. So everything worked out well. If OG comes back in good shape, I'm worried they may arrest Leon for grand larceny.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,832

Post#71 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:27 pm

sol537 wrote:I would extend Precious with a multi-year reasonable contract and then trade Mitch Robinson.

Precious's ability to play the 4 and 5, play elite defense, and finish around the rim is a breath of fresh air.

He pairs well next to Randle and OG. Just a real nice bench piece.

He’s been great but he’s 6‘8. I’d definitely keep him even at high costs though, and I wouldn’t say that about Robinson.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,715

Post#72 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:15 am

This video must've dropped right before Precious unceremoniously got bench for playing well. :lol:

Free Palestine
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,550

Post#73 » by HopelessKnick » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:52 am

I would definitely keep Precious around. Like some pointed out, he gives us an ingredient that we don't really have. A 6'8/6'9 mobile great defender that rebounds, scores and plays inside. Keep in mind Mitch and Hartenstein are players that are likely going to be load managed throughout upcoming seasons so there is definitely going to be time for Precious. There also needs to be some sort of load management for JR if we want to keep him healthy. Precious is the perfect back-up PF/C.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#74 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:06 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
cgf wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

I'd like to take back this somewhat reasonable take.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#75 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:08 am

If you pretend Precious is Obi, then you are happy because he's a lot better.
If you pretend Precious is what everyone hoped Obi would become, then you are disappoint, because Precious is ok, but he's not great.

He's a nice depth piece though. Good backup 4, can play some 5 if the other team isn't interested in layups.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#76 » by Galou » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:11 am

Julius is my guy but I rather play Precious more for now.
F$+*k the Nets.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#77 » by Galou » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:This video must've dropped right before Precious unceremoniously got bench for playing well. :lol:

Good tactic if you ask me. Preserve him for the playoffs just in case Randle isn't ready.
F$+*k the Nets.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,715

Post#78 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:53 am

thebuzzardman wrote:If you pretend Precious is Obi, then you are happy because he's a lot better.
If you pretend Precious is what everyone hoped Obi would become, then you are disappoint, because Precious is ok, but he's not great.

He's a nice depth piece though. Good backup 4, can play some 5 if the other team isn't interested in layups.

And, if need be, he can step in and start while contributing to winning basketball and not hurt us.
Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,208

Post#79 » by Capn'O » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:16 am

I never dreamed of Obi playing defense like Precious. He's more like if Renaldo Balkman was bigger and good.

Lol. That's a name I haven't thought of in awhile. I can't believe we drafted him.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#80 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:40 am

Capn'O wrote:I never dreamed of Obi playing defense like Precious. He's more like if Renaldo Balkman was bigger and good.

Lol. That's a name I haven't thought of in awhile. I can't believe we drafted him.

Bworkman

Return to New York Knicks