ImageImageImageImageImage

The Knicks Injury Report thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

ASB Injury updates thread: 

Post#1 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:54 am

So, we made it to the break out gas and a few flat tires. Couldn't come at a better time. My rage has subsided but, disappointed is reality. Here's the injury updates as of today.

Tonight we lost Bogs to a sore calf.
Bogdanovic missed two games for the Detroit Pistons before his trade to New York with the same injury. Per Steve Popper.

Bogdanovic is the latest Knicks to enter the sick bay after Donte DiVincenzo limped out in the fourth quarter of their controversial loss to the Houston Rockets with a hamstring injury. Like Bogdanovic, DiVincenzo’s status for the Magic game was also questionable.

But a team source told Popper that DiVincenzo’s injury “was not believed to be a serious issue,” suggesting he will not miss major time like the other Knicks starters.

Julius Randle (right shoulder) and OG Anunoby (right elbow) will both be re-evaluated after the All-Star break. Mitchell Robinson (left ankle) will resume on-court activities after the break. Isaiah Hartenstein, who is also questionable with a nagging Achilles soreness, has missed the last two games.

So we traded for an injured player. Then let Thibs get his hands on him. Brilliant!! Obviously that trade had NOTHING to do with the teams immediate needs to keep the team alive while we wait for the injury plagued roster to heal up. This is not an encouraging sign IMO. They allowed Thibs to grind these players into dust for 3 weeks! Completely decimating the roster with injuries and then a trade that addressed depth we may use at least another 3 weeks away. Questionable but, whatever.

Totally blown opportunity to at least TRY to stay afloat and have injury replacements moving forward in case the players don't all make it back. We lucked out that we won those 4 extra games before the rest of the wheels fell off. 4-5 since we lost Randle/OG/Grimes/iHart twice/DDV/Boj and Brunson for one game each.

Quick returns (hopefully):
I expect DDV/Boj back immediately after the break. Hopefully that's all the time they need to get right again.
iHart is a tricky situation that I really hope they handle properly. If he comes back right after the break Thibs CANNOT run him 35-40mpg!!

Brunson/DEUCE
DDV/Burks
Hart/Burks
Precious/Boj
iHart/Sims/Precious

Thibs has to stop fuqqin around with the health of the team or none of this matters! We could easily lose ALL THREE with nagging little injuries because Thibs sucks!! We gotta win some games waiting for the big dogs!

Later returns (hopefully):
Mitch will begin his on court journey back right after the break. Hopefully no set backs occur. I would expect at least 2 weeks for him to get back into playing shape.
OG will be re-evaluated after the break and will probably not be back until two weeks later.
Randle will be re-evaluated after the break and we have to HOPE he can be on the same basic timeline as Mitch/OG.

Brunson(35)/DEUCE(13)
DDV(35)/Hart(10)
OG(35)/Hart(16)
Randle(35)/PRECIOUS(13)
iHart/Mitch split time fairly evenly
Boj/Burks are situational
Sims is out but should be situational.

This has to be the way we roll until the playoffs. We can not have Thibs running 7.5-8.5 man rotations with the injury risk to 6 of our players. Boj can take Evans role but, actually be used if we need scoring and rest. Burks should be in the same role if Deuce/Hart isn't getting it done. I know I'm asking for a miracle but, this is how I see things.

I am really bummed about the last 3 weeks. I hate Thibs face forever now. The FO disappointed me as well. It is what it is. We need luck to ride with us from here on out. This is a good roster and we should be able to make a decent run at the ECF firing on all cylinders. Seeding may become an issue that will make things more difficult but, if we are healthy it should be a fun team to watch again. Fingers crossed.

LFGK!!!
:beer: RIP mags
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 822

Re: ASB Injury updates thread: 

Post#2 » by KOA » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:22 am

There's no way the Knicks traded a young player and picks for Bogs/Burks with the intention of not playing them.

Despite the pessimism here, Thibs will be moving to a larger rotation assuming everyone is healthy.

People seem to forget that he actually experimented with a 10 man rotation when the Knicks had really good depth across the board.
Logic with wholesale substitutions is those lineups build better continuity playing with each other.
Junior
And1: 379

Post#3 » by 2020 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:18 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:So, we made it to the break out gas and a few flat tires. Couldn't come at a better time. My rage has subsided but, disappointed is reality.

Brunson/Burks/Deuce
DDV/Hart
OG/Boj
Randle/PRECIOUS
iHart/Mitch/Sims

I fixed it.

This lineup is stacked :o

This second unit would dominate opposing 2nd units.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#4 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:24 am

KOA wrote:There's no way the Knicks traded a young player and picks for Bogs/Burks with the intention of not playing them.

Despite the pessimism here, Thibs will be moving to a larger rotation assuming everyone is healthy.

People seem to forget that he actually experimented with a 10 man rotation when the Knicks had really good depth across the board.
Logic with wholesale substitutions is those lineups build better continuity playing with each other.

Boj was traded for to flip Evans salary. Evan rode the pine. Doubt he plays much if at all come playoff time. We all know Thibs values defense over scoring. Burks will play because Thibs is a bit of a moron who goes against his own philosophy in order to play vets over kids. We all know HE was the player Thibs wanted in this trade. Like I said, this is how I see things and that I know I am asking for a miracle.

When was this 10 man rotation? How many minutes did the 10th man play? Pessimism or realism?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#5 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:37 am

2020 wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:So, we made it to the break out gas and a few flat tires. Couldn't come at a better time. My rage has subsided but, disappointed is reality.

Brunson/Burks/Deuce
DDV/Hart
OG/Boj
Randle/PRECIOUS
iHart/Mitch/Sims

I fixed it.

This lineup is stacked :o

This second unit would dominate opposing 2nd units.

That's possible but, not what I would do. Deuce plays defense and hits 3s BETTER than Burks. He does struggle to run the offense though but, he plays smart unlike Burks. The issue is Thibs IMO. He SHOULD expand the rotation to give at LEAST 10 guys minutes and switch things up if in game adjustments call for it. Which could possibly mean he would have to play the 11th man from time to time. Thibs doesn't do things like that very often. I don't recall it at all honestly.

Your rotation with Boj looks good on paper. He may see some minutes if the bench struggles to score but, again, Thibs sucks at in game adjustments so he could very well just bench Deuce/Boj/Sims altogether and let Burks go ham most of the time. He's not cutting into Harts minutes like that. Hart is his security blanket.

I would be shocked as hell if we see ten man rotations with any sort of consistency. If they don't reign him in, he will run his 9 guys and actually SHORTEN the rotation rather than expand it. Hope I am wrong but, Thibs gonna Thibs.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#6 » by Kampuchea » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:29 am

I wonder if Thibs is not playing the top guys enough minutes? Things turned last game when Brunson came out in the 2nd quarter.

Looking at the minutes across the league and considering our depleted roster Thibs needs to be kept under control with his giving too few minutes to guys. Just check the minutes per game

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-minutes-per-game-leaders-this-season
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#7 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:44 am

Kampuchea wrote:I wonder if Thibs is not playing the top guys enough minutes? Things turned last game when Brunson came out in the 2nd quarter.

Looking at the minutes across the league and considering our depleted roster Thibs needs to be kept under control with his giving too few minutes to guys. Just check the minutes per game

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-minutes-per-game-leaders-this-season

He just ran a 7 man rotation for 3 weeks with Brunson/DDV/Hart/Achiuwa getting 40+ minutes most nights. He jumped iHart from 18-20 mpg to 38-40mpg for a month and broke his achilles...TWICE!! KNOWING he had a preexisting condition. He played OG 40+mpg and he went down.

What is your point exactly? Because it smells like troll feces. :lol:
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#8 » by Kampuchea » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:55 am

Point is you’re overboard on the Thibs hate when you look at the roster composition and reality of the minutes. Plus your OP claimed to be an injury update thread but was just another anti-Thibs novel, so thought I’d help you add a few more chapters ;)
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#9 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:12 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Point is you’re overboard on the Thibs hate when you look at the roster composition and reality of the minutes. Plus your OP claimed to be an injury update thread but was just another anti-Thibs novel, so thought I’d help you add a few more chapters ;)

No. I posted facts. You don't like them? Oh well. You act like Thibs lawyer. Dude doesn't know how to distribute minutes and he has no regard for player safety. There are enough examples given to support that. Ask around. He ran the roster into the ground and players were injured as a result. If that's ok with you, then just say so. Don't try to gaslight or use stats out of context as if he doesn't do what I am saying.

I hate him. DGAF what anyone else thinks about him at all. I give examples of what I hate about him. Fact based examples. Do I go overboard? Sure. Fuq him! I don't lie though. You like him. I don't. I appreciate him but, he's a maniac as Cap puts it.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

The Knicks Injury Report thread. 

Post#10 » by RHODEY » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:14 pm

In what order do they come back?

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Re: The Knicks Injury Report thread. 

Post#11 » by The Lamma » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:20 pm

Knicks injury report:

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#12 » by sol537 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:24 pm

Bog, IHart, DDV return on 2/22 @ Philly

Randle returns 3/2

OG and Mitch return 3/18

…my estimates
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,903

Post#13 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:33 pm

Knicks medical team:

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,075

Post#14 » by Jeffrey » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:09 pm

Live look at Mitch

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Post#15 » by The Lamma » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:25 pm

This is what we look like trying to get healthy

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#16 » by RHODEY » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:47 pm

:
The Lamma wrote:This is what we look like trying to get healthy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully your boy Mr Toppin can hold us down until they get back.
Kampuchea
RealGM

Knicks Injury Summary 

Post#17 » by Kampuchea » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:46 pm

Short Term:
Donte - Hamstring - Day to Day
I Hart - Achilles - Day to Day but required maintenance
Bojan - Calf - Day to Day

Lineup post All Star:
Brunson/Burks/Mcbride
DDV/Burks
Hart/Bojan
Precious/Hart/Bojan
Ihart/Precious/Sims

Long-term:
Randle - Shoulder - to be reevaluated in about 1 week. Return - Early March?
OG - Elbow - out until at least Feb 29. Return - Middle of March?
Mitch - Ankle - out until at least April 2. Return - End of April, first round?

Late March Lineup
Brunson/Burks/Mcbride
DDV/Hart
OG/Bojan
Randle/Precious/Hart
Ihart/Precious/Sims

Playoffs
Brunson/Burks/Mcbride
DDV/Hart
OG/Bojan
Randle/Precious/Hart
Ihart/Mitch

_________________________________________________________________________________

Based on the latest report I think by late March we will have everyone back excluding Mitch, who resumes basketball activities soon but I figure needs extra time to rehab.

Mitch trainer said "Getting Playoff Ready"

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Randle

https://nypost.com/2024/02/13/sports/knicks-map-out-julius-randles-plan-to-return-from-shoulder-injury/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=nypost&utm_medium=social

OG to be reevaluated in weeks

https://theathletic.com/5261729/2024/02/08/og-anunoby-knick-surgery-elbow/
Kampuchea
RealGM

Re: Knicks Injury Summary 

Post#18 » by Kampuchea » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:47 pm

Mitch not having it

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#19 » by Kampuchea » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#20 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:15 pm

Kampuchea...that list is almost as long as a NY Yankee Monetfiore Einstein injury report...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan

Return to New York Knicks