ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: The Burks Era Begins - Fck The Celtics

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Re: PG: The Burks Era Begins - Fck The Celtics 

Post#161 » by sol537 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:01 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cgf wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Damn. I had a feeling it was bad but wow. Meanwhile OG is a 24.6. He’s like the anti OG :lol:

The whole Detroit trade has been like the reverse OG trade, to this point. Not only did we trade a two-way player for two offensive players.

But where OG was the netrtg god, the Detroit duo have been as awful as possible. Burks impact has been hideous (-27.1), but Bojan has been even worse...swinging things by -29.24 pts/100 possessions, for us so far :lol:

https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos/nba?TeamId=1610612752&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular%2BSeason&PlayerIds=202692&OnlyCommonGames=true
https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos/nba?TeamId=1610612752&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular%2BSeason&PlayerIds=202711&OnlyCommonGames=true

I think Bojan can fit in. Snipers off the bench can be very useful in the playoffs…Duncan Robinson, Korver, Kerr, etc.

When we are fully healthy we have iHart/Prescious/Bojan/OG/Hart/Deuce as bench options. Minus Bojan, all good defenders so he gives us a nice alternative as a scorer/shooter and we can mix in enough defenders where we can hide him in bench lineups. Just giving him Grimes old role with Prescious/Bojan/OG/Hart/Deuce lineups should be pretty well balanced.

Overall, worth the price of the trade? I am not sure. We will have to see how it works out in the playoffs

Bojan as a bench sniper with defenders around him is fine. Yesterday he was guarding Tatum and Brown at times and they were cooking him. He’s like a souped up Novak with a tradable contest next season. If we let McBride take all of Burks’ minutes, then he’ll mostly replace Grimes’ bench defense which was actually key for us. Thibs has gotta be seeing what we’re all seeing re: Burks…

I think Thibs is just giving Burks an extended look. Burks is like a ten times worse RJ Barrett lol
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,970

Post#162 » by F N 11 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:08 pm

Our season depends on a hobbled Randle saving us. Mitch and OG come back strong. This gone be stressful.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,435

Post#163 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Just get healthy and we’ll be alright Folkssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 822

Post#164 » by KOA » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:20 pm

Can’t play Burks and Bogs together. It makes for a terrible lineup defensively and on the boards.

Hopefully Thibs can adjust after getting to see these guys more.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Post#165 » by TrueWarrior » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:28 pm

sol537 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cgf wrote:
The whole Detroit trade has been like the reverse OG trade, to this point. Not only did we trade a two-way player for two offensive players.

But where OG was the netrtg god, the Detroit duo have been as awful as possible. Burks impact has been hideous (-27.1), but Bojan has been even worse...swinging things by -29.24 pts/100 possessions, for us so far :lol:

https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos/nba?TeamId=1610612752&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular%2BSeason&PlayerIds=202692&OnlyCommonGames=true
https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos/nba?TeamId=1610612752&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular%2BSeason&PlayerIds=202711&OnlyCommonGames=true

I think Bojan can fit in. Snipers off the bench can be very useful in the playoffs…Duncan Robinson, Korver, Kerr, etc.

When we are fully healthy we have iHart/Prescious/Bojan/OG/Hart/Deuce as bench options. Minus Bojan, all good defenders so he gives us a nice alternative as a scorer/shooter and we can mix in enough defenders where we can hide him in bench lineups. Just giving him Grimes old role with Prescious/Bojan/OG/Hart/Deuce lineups should be pretty well balanced.

Overall, worth the price of the trade? I am not sure. We will have to see how it works out in the playoffs

Bojan as a bench sniper with defenders around him is fine. Yesterday he was guarding Tatum and Brown at times and they were cooking him. He’s like a souped up Novak with a tradable contest next season. If we let McBride take all of Burks’ minutes, then he’ll mostly replace Grimes’ bench defense which was actually key for us. Thibs has gotta be seeing what we’re all seeing re: Burks…

I think Thibs is just giving Burks an extended look. Burks is like a ten times worse RJ Barrett lol

Yeah for the record I think Bojan can be salvageable if you play him with Deuce, Donte/Hart, Precious/OG, and Mitch/Isaiah.

Have him be the offensive top gun off the bench surrounded by defense and toughness and it could work. He hasn’t been great so far but I can see the skill he has.

Adding Alec to the lineup with Bojan is just redundant though.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,502

Post#166 » by robillionaire » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:29 pm

KOA wrote:Can’t play Burks and Bogs together. It makes for a terrible lineup defensively and on the boards.

OG coming back will push Hart back to the bench and that will change things as well as Randle coming back putting precious back on the bench
louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,387

Post#167 » by louisorr » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:43 pm

KOA wrote:Can’t play Burks and Bogs together. It makes for a terrible lineup defensively and on the boards.

I also didn't like the Ihart, Precious, Hart lineup. there's no scoring there. You've got White and Holliday who can neutralize Donte and Jalen, and then what?
Thibs needed to get Deuce in with Bogs and use any two of the above 3 guys, but not all of them together.

Ultimately, healthy or not we will likely have a Thibs problem come playoffs.
I love the way Prec, ihart and hart play but that was a lineup destined to fail.

I'll admit I don't know jack about coaching, but I wonder what this team looks like without the Josh Hart security blanket. Probably worth experimenting with giving him 35 minutes or less for a couple of games.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,322

Post#168 » by DOT » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:45 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
DOT wrote:Alec Burks has a .459 TS for us so far

Frank Ntilikina had a .454 for us his career.

What makes it worse is that Burks is taking 19.2 fga per 36 which is second on the team (even over Randle and RJ) and would be good for 14th in the entire league with enough minutes

Dude is straight up chucking and not moving the ball at all.

He went from 22 points on 16 shots per36 (.581 TS) on the worst team in the league to 19 points on 19 shots per36 (.459 TS) for a playoff team

Usually it's the opposite, guys take more shots on less efficiency on bad teams, then take fewer shots on greater efficiency on better teams

It's stuff like this that causes players to start tuning out coaches who talk about "accountability".
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
sol537
RealGM

Post#169 » by sol537 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:01 pm

Burks has been an absolute black hole on offense with horrid defense. Thibs better rein this fool in
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,504

Post#170 » by j4remi » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,435

Post#171 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Please get healthy Knicks!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,005

Post#172 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:58 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Please get healthy Knicks!!!!!!!!!!!

Read on Twitter

we've been really busting ass over that time span.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
sol537
RealGM

Post#173 » by sol537 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:06 pm

If we face the Celtics in the playoffs, OG can slow Tatum… then Brunson will keep Holiday busy… iHart will feast on the boards against KP but the key will be contesting KP’s threes and force him to be a post player… DDV will get more open looks with Randle there… Randle vs Brown is the key matchup. Randle has to tire him out on defense with bully ball. We got a better bench but they got a better starting lineup. Hart and Precious (or Mitch) providing hustle energy off the bench could be the X factor.

KP’s health and our overall team health are other question marks. Ideally the 3rd or 6th seed is where we want to be.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,905

Post#174 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:59 pm

F N 11 wrote:Our season depends on a hobbled Randle saving us. Mitch and OG come back strong. This gone be stressful.

What strikes me is that the Celtics line up in its entirety can shoot.
C KP-Horford-Korent(ironic right?)
F Tatum - Brown - Hauser
G Holiday - White - Pritch

Our line-up we basically have to work like dogs to get the ball in one of Brunson, Burks, Bogs, DDV and to some extent Deuce's hands.
iHart, Precious, Hart, Sims none of them provides reliable offense and aside from Hart and to a sliver of an extent Precious, are even viable to shoot the ball from mid-range let alone 3.

When we get OG back, Randle back we are still going to have problems because we don't have the versatility that Celtics have.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,419

Post#175 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:08 pm

sol537 wrote:Burks has been an absolute black hole on offense with horrid defense. Thibs better rein this fool in

He's like the love child of Al & Othello Harrington
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,357

Post#176 » by rajajackal » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:48 pm

can we trade burks for grimes?
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,357

Post#177 » by rajajackal » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:48 pm

burks coming back and **** up our team is equilibrium for chanel being right about rj weighing us down :lol:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,138

Post#178 » by cgf » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:35 pm

I laugh at the results so far, but it's just been a few games. Burks & Bojan will both setlle in more and become more beneficial on both ends of the court.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,680

Post#179 » by nedleeds » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:02 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Thibs rips Brunson for like 20 straight minutes in an unwinnable game.

That is why you fail.

I agree we should have just forfeited during the warmups and sent everyone home

Down 13 entering the 4th is not an unwinnable game either.

The Celtics were setting a shooting efficiency record in the era since we started tracking stats. The game was over unless you are a **** bald lunatic orc stuck coaching 20 year old basketball. Shocked he didn't have them running windsprints at half time.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.

Return to New York Knicks