ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued... more still

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,710

Re: Around the NBA - Continued... more still 

Post#1161 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:43 pm

Good conversation about blitzing the PnR and Luka. LeBron and JJ give Brunson some love here as well
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1162 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:03 pm

Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,545

Post#1163 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:18 pm

LeBron James is cringeworthy to watch and listen to.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1164 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:08 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:LeBron James is cringeworthy to watch and listen to.

What did he do that was cringe? :lol:

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,546

Post#1165 » by DOT » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

A lot of guys on this board are obsessed with him and think everything he does is some secret dig at the Knicks

Because he didn't want to come to a trash NY team in 2010, and they still haven't gotten over that and think it's the greatest slight to New York in history or something.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1166 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:14 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

A lot of guys on this board are obsessed with him and think everything he does is some secret dig at the Knicks

Because he didn't want to come to a trash NY team in 2010, and they still haven't gotten over that and think it's the greatest slight to New York in history or something.

LeBron was never going anywhere but to team up with Wade and Bosh that summer. I remember Nets fans having that hope too :lol: i doubt any of that was personal towards any team, he just wanted to be wined and dined by teams before ultimately going with Miami.

LeBron can be criticized for some stuff, but otherwise i dunno the guy has had a hell of a career and has been a decent person as far as i know off the court, so I enjoy hearing him take deep dives into the sport. I'm kinda hoping the Lakers miss the playoffs so he and JJ can review games all postseason :lol:

Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,545

Post#1167 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

His entire personality is that of a cornball with a huge ego.

He repeatedly makes up stories and lies about simple **** like reading a book, he flops all over the court and bitches to the refs, he leaves every team as soon as there is any adversity and is really the reason for the terrible super team era of the NBA, he tries to expound wisdom when most of his takes are awful, etc.

Has nothing to do with not coming to the Knicks. He’s just a cornball and a herb who I haven’t liked for many years. He’s a fake.

Jalen Brunson, for example, doesn’t need to fake a personality. He is who he is, and that’s a humble dude. That’s someone I can respect on my team or any other team.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,977

Post#1168 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:12 am

Bucks handling Hawks without Dame who's out for personal reasons.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,214

Post#1169 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

LeBron was never going anywhere but to team up with Wade and Bosh that summer. I remember Nets fans having that hope too :lol: i doubt any of that was personal towards any team, he just wanted to be wined and dined by teams before ultimately going with Miami.

LeBron can be criticized for some stuff, but otherwise i dunno the guy has had a hell of a career and has been a decent person as far as i know off the court, so I enjoy hearing him take deep dives into the sport. I'm kinda hoping the Lakers miss the playoffs so he and JJ can review games all postseason :lol:

Many of the greatest players have big egos and some vanity issues. Lebron is just another in a long streak of guys who climbed the mountain and some people hate him more for his success than for his character.

Accusing any player that wins a chip for being a carpetbagger is among the cheap shots fans make about players. KD in particular comes to mind. But great players want to play with other great players so I never really had an issue with this.

Only a damaged fan with a bad team would say a player has no pride because they chose not to be the one who carries a broken franchise to glory. Frankly, that's lame and goes counter to any Type A person's decision making process.

Yeah, Lebron is not that cool and can be kind of corny, but that has nothing to do with his accomplishments which will stand the test of time.
ImageImageImage
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,849

Post#1170 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:18 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:A lot of guys on this board are obsessed with him and think everything he does is some secret dig at the Knicks

Many of the greatest players have big egos and some vanity issues. Lebron is just another in a long streak of guys who climbed the mountain and some people hate him more for his success than for his character.

Accusing any player that wins a chip for being a carpetbagger is among the cheap shots fans make about players. KD in particular comes to mind. But great players want to play with other great players so I never really had an issue with this.

Only a damaged fan with a bad team would say a player has no pride because they chose not to be the one who carries a broken franchise to glory. Frankly, that's lame and goes counter to any Type A person's decision making process.

Yeah, Lebron is not that cool and can be kind of corny, but that has nothing to do with his accomplishments which will stand the test of time.

There is definitely an element of carpetbagginess to what KD did. I think it’s also completely untrue that only a “damaged fan with a broken team…” This is not only easily testable with a simple thread on the GB but your argument also completely diminishes the championships that were really well-earned, like Dirk’s.

It’s also not just fans who say this. Giannis was making those statements after he won the chip. Other players too.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1171 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:45 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

There is definitely an element of carpetbagginess to what KD did. I think it’s also completely untrue that only a “damaged fan with a broken team…” This is not only easily testable with a simple thread on the GB but your argument also completely diminishes the championships that were really well-earned, like Dirk’s.

It’s also not just fans who say this. Giannis was making those statements after he won the chip. Other players too.

Giannis can say that because he won with the team that drafted him. If he leaves the Bucks and wins elsewhere does that mitigate his comment or make him a turncoat?

I think it is a giant load of BS. Not saying you are FOS so don't take it as a personal insult, because it is not. I simply do not agree with this premise. Any player who wins a chip is a champion in my book.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,275

Post#1172 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:37 am

Grimes to miss the rest of the season due to his knee injury. I hope it’s nothing that requires surgery.
Free Palestine
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,895

Post#1173 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:20 am

He is the worst.

I also think that his GOAT-case is very overrated: is he the best defender of all time or even his time? The best scoring threat? Best closer? Shooter? Most dominant? Most championships? LeBron even had stronger supporting casts than Jordan when winning his couple of championships - at least two-three HOFers on every such team. Jordan has the scoring titles and Finals-MVPs.

You could blame his GOAT-case on his longevity, which is impressive. Some blame it on that PED-breakfast-juice though, so I can’t say I like his case at all, let alone that part. In terms of longevity, Duncan’s legacy might even be more impressive as he won his five championships over a fifteen year span of his nineteen year career, each one as the clear-cut best player of his team.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1174 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:22 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He repeatedly makes up stories and lies about simple **** like reading a book, he flops all over the court and bitches to the refs, he leaves every team as soon as there is any adversity and is really the reason for the terrible super team era of the NBA, he tries to expound wisdom when most of his takes are awful, etc.

Has nothing to do with not coming to the Knicks. He’s just a cornball and a herb who I haven’t liked for many years. He’s a fake.

Jalen Brunson, for example, doesn’t need to fake a personality. He is who he is, and that’s a humble dude. That’s someone I can respect on my team or any other team.

You should become a preacher. LeBron is the absolute worst.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1175 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:29 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:A lot of guys on this board are obsessed with him and think everything he does is some secret dig at the Knicks

They just don’t stand atop any list of very relevant GOAT accomplishments like championships, Finals-MVP, MVP. He scored very many points but we know that a) he’s never been the most dangerous scoring threat ever and b) he’s probably been on HGH for twenty-something years. I hope he survives that. Mason didn’t. To name just one. Paired with that cheesy act, it’s too much for me to bear. It triggers me like hardly anything else in the NBA. Miles Bridges overtook him, I guess.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1176 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:35 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

They just don’t stand atop any list of very relevant GOAT accomplishments like championships, Finals-MVP, MVP. He scored very many points but we know that a) he’s never been the most dangerous scoring threat ever and b) he’s probably been on HGH for twenty-something years. I hope he survives that. Mason didn’t. To name just one. Paired with that cheesy act, it’s too much for me to bear. It triggers me like hardly anything else in the NBA. Miles Bridges overtook him, I guess.

Did anyone ever come forward with proof about the HGH?
ImageImageImage
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1177 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:46 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Did anyone ever come forward with proof about the HGH?

I’m not ready to base my GOAT argument on something that may have been caused by HGH abuse. Maybe you are and I will simply say that I disagree. His durability is everybody’s argument. I think it’s a bad argument. When I look at individual impact on winning, as in supporting players‘ scoring averages (Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie, AD), number of HOF teammates in championship years, number of total championships, winning percentage in Finals games and whatnot, he isn’t the player that comes to mind as the most impactful or dominant player of the last few generations. Jordan does obviously, winning everything there was to be won in the 90s. Duncan does, winning five championships between 1999 and 2014, one more than LeBron in the very same era. Kobe even, winning two more specifically after cutting ties with Shaq.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,161

Post#1178 » by Reign23 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:07 am

cgf wrote:Single game leaders since the 1983-84 season.

Rank Player FGA Date Tm
1. Kobe Bryant* 50 2016-04-13 LAL
2. Michael Jordan* 49 1993-01-16 CHI
3. Kobe Bryant* 47 2002-11-07 LAL
Chris Webber* 47 2001-01-05 SAC
5. Kobe Bryant* 46 2006-01-22 LAL
6. Kobe Bryant* 45 2006-12-29 LAL
7. Russell Westbrook 44 2016-10-28 OKC
Kobe Bryant* 44 2008-01-14 LAL
Kobe Bryant* 44 2007-03-30 LAL
Dejounte Murray 44 2024-03-28 ATL

Alec Burks is like "just give me the minutes once".
formerly known as knickst4pe
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,669

Post#1179 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:16 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

You were like 7 when this happened and aren't a diehard fan so you cannot relate and should not comment on those who were led on for years. Stick to stats.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,669

Post#1180 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:18 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Your greatest post. Gyros and beers at Bohamian on me. :lol:

Return to New York Knicks