ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued... more still

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,127

Re: Around the NBA - Continued... more still 

Post#1121 » by stuporman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:49 am

While we're making crap up the Knicks should have done it for a couple of seconds, Fournier and evil Donte...it was a mistake not to.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,982

Post#1122 » by knicks94 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

Are we the only team that has to play the Bucks and Celtics 5 times this season?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,199

Post#1123 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:13 am

embiid close to coming back they say
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,979

Post#1124 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:27 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:As long as KP is healthy, that Celtics team is a special king of monster.

I like how the Knicks match up if healthy

I think the key is to somehow make KP ineffective. Thibs is going to have to take away something from Boston's attack.

You are going to want to wind up with Jrue trying to score on our center as a best case scenario.

I'll take contested twos over wide open threes for Porzingas.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,412

Post#1125 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 pm

god shammgod wrote:embiid close to coming back they say

Probably returns before Randle and OG
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#1126 » by Wildcat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 pm

Holy hell, Murray. 44 points off 44 shots. That has to be one of the most inefficient 40 point game in league history.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#1127 » by Wildcat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:22 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:This is the type of Knicks fan that gets you in trouble …

This team at 85% healthy (Randle with some limitations, but OG full go, Mitch at rehab strength) should be an even match for the likes of the Bucks or Sixers (with Embiid). I don't expect the Cavs, Heat, Magic, Pacers to have an edge on us.

I think the Bucks are vulnerable. They get wrecked by guards, they have Doc coaching, the team is old.

I feel the 7th and 8th seeds right now are serious issues too. Miami has Butler going super saiyan in the playoffs, and Joel Embiid is about to return for Philly.

Miami isn't the same. Don't count on them for an upset.

If Joel comes back -- which I think he shouldn't -- he won't be nearly as efficient as he was prior to the injury. And per usual, he'll probably get hurt again. 76ers taking a risk letting him come back. Especially since this team will look pretty different for the 24/25 season. It just doesn't make much sense for him to come back for a play-in game.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,199

Post#1128 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

from what it sounds like he will. windy on his podcast actually said based on what injuries they had and having seen other players with them before, he is way more confident in embiid being able to play like he did pre-injury than randle.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,524

Post#1129 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

from what it sounds like he will. windy on his podcast actually said based on what injuries they had and having seen other players with them before, he is way more confident in embiid being able to play like he did pre-injury than randle.

I don't think we're seeing Randle again this season. He might give it a shot at some point in the playoffs only for the organization to shut him down after 1-2 games.

OG more up in the air but could be a similar story. All signs point to the organization bringing him back too soon, but it's an uneducated guess.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,702

Post#1130 » by Buttah304 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
I like how the Knicks match up if healthy

I think the key is to somehow make KP ineffective. Thibs is going to have to take away something from Boston's attack.

You are going to want to wind up with Jrue trying to score on our center as a best case scenario.

The answer should obviously be to try and make Jrue a scorer because he flat out doesn’t want to do that. For all of his praise his Bucks playoff numbers are barely better then Eric Bledsoes were.

He’s played 40 career playoff games for Milwaukee and is averaging 18PPG on 18 FGA while shooting 39% FG and 30% from deep.

Figure out a way to make KP ineffective and rattle Jrue into changing his mindset from a shot creator/distributer to someone who flat out needs to look for his shot more then he wants to.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,252

Post#1131 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

The answer should obviously be to try and make Jrue a scorer because he flat out doesn’t want to do that. For all of his praise his Bucks playoff numbers are barely better then Eric Bledsoes were.

He’s played 40 career playoff games for Milwaukee and is averaging 18PPG on 18 FGA while shooting 39% FG and 30% from deep.

Figure out a way to make KP ineffective and rattle Jrue into changing his mindset from a shot creator/distributer to someone who flat out needs to look for his shot more then he wants to.

Tatum has also not been the most reliable in the big moments, either. The thing is, that team is so deep, they can probably overcome that.

Tatum doesn’t need to be on par with someone like Steph anymore - just needs to play his game and trust in the talent on his side...they’ve built that team well imo. Jaylen Brown is a weird one to me too. He doesn’t seem afraid of the moment but does make some silly mistakes too.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,905

Post#1132 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 pm

Besart19 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
ezmoney707 wrote:44 shots to get 44 is wild no thank you lmao

Bugging
Read on Twitter

McBride
Murray
Hart
Achiuwa
Robinson

It was a mistake not to do it for two lesser 1st picks

The other thing to remember is the re-sale value.
Even if we had to part with 4 picks (DAL, DET, WAS, MIL)
I assume that means we keep Grimes (so Grimes or two lesser of those firsts)
Off-season if there is a big name available - much the way Mil used Jrue to get Dame, Murray could be a value piece.
Philly wants to part with Embiid? Okay, so now Randle, Murray, Mitch becomes a booming offer BEFORE you add picks.
Giannis to leave Milwaukee? I can't help them with Dame$, but Murray could be flipped or just be a player who keeps them relevant.

Nets finally ready to part with Bridges? Murray straight swap.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#1133 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 pm

knicks94 wrote:Are we the only team that has to play the Bucks and Celtics 5 times this season?

Yes
in-season tourney!
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Ma10
Senior
And1: 533

Post#1134 » by Ma10 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:07 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:lol we could've had dejounte murray for cheap and instead we went after f0uni3rovich and burks

He looked pretty good but got a little lucky at the end

Dunno

Seems kind of wannabe ish

But not disagreeing really

I was surprised by White’s D there — isn’t he good on that end lol? Looked like not very good

Murray will come down to earth again. Bogdanovic had 18 points in 16 minutes yesterday. It’s the NBA, players get hot. We don’t win many games in either the Bucks or Celtics series. They’re the ones with top level talent and that’s what wins in the playoffs. We have Brunson and good role players. Let’s not get carried away.

Murray is a talented douchebag!
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#1135 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

I mean that's literally the ONLY guy on that team who isn't efficient with his scoring. It has to be the goal.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Ma10
Senior
And1: 533

Post#1136 » by Ma10 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:lol we could've had dejounte murray for cheap and instead we went after f0uni3rovich and burks

Nice opinion, who gives a shyt about Murray!
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#1137 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 pm

Capn'O wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
I think the Bucks are vulnerable. They get wrecked by guards, they have Doc coaching, the team is old.

I feel the 7th and 8th seeds right now are serious issues too. Miami has Butler going super saiyan in the playoffs, and Joel Embiid is about to return for Philly.

My fear list is
Celtics
*large gap*
Magic
Heat
Sixers
Bucks
Pacers

Heat are tested. You need four great games to beat them. I have them second and then the large gap.

Wildcat wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
This team at 85% healthy (Randle with some limitations, but OG full go, Mitch at rehab strength) should be an even match for the likes of the Bucks or Sixers (with Embiid). I don't expect the Cavs, Heat, Magic, Pacers to have an edge on us.

Miami isn't the same. Don't count on them for an upset.

If Joel comes back -- which I think he shouldn't -- he won't be nearly as efficient as he was prior to the injury. And per usual, he'll probably get hurt again. 76ers taking a risk letting him come back. Especially since this team will look pretty different for the 24/25 season. It just doesn't make much sense for him to come back for a play-in game.

I maintain that Miami is going to be a threat until they are in their trunks on the beach.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,412

Post#1138 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:44 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Randle is done for they year. 100% confident on that.

OG? Who knows. Probably also done for the year.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,900

Post#1139 » by 8516knicks » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I don't think we're seeing Randle again this season. He might give it a shot at some point in the playoffs only for the organization to shut him down after 1-2 games.

OG more up in the air but could be a similar story. All signs point to the organization bringing him back too soon, but it's an uneducated guess.

Are OG and Jayden Daniels related? Asking for an orthopedic surgeon. :lol:
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,835

Post#1140 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:43 pm

Ma10 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
He looked pretty good but got a little lucky at the end

Dunno

Seems kind of wannabe ish

But not disagreeing really

I was surprised by White’s D there — isn’t he good on that end lol? Looked like not very good

Murray will come down to earth again. Bogdanovic had 18 points in 16 minutes yesterday. It’s the NBA, players get hot. We don’t win many games in either the Bucks or Celtics series. They’re the ones with top level talent and that’s what wins in the playoffs. We have Brunson and good role players. Let’s not get carried away.

Murray is a talented douchebag!

Yup sure, but he’s no world-beater.

Return to New York Knicks