ImageImageImageImageImage

[The Athletic] NBA Players are wrong about Thibs

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,530

Re: [The Athletic] NBA Players are wrong about Thibs 

Post#81 » by Wildcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:07 pm

Capn'O wrote:Hawks was probably his worst loss. Couldn't get Randle going.

I hope we have a full deck this year in the playoffs. You'd see one way or another what we have. Hard to judge when you're playing with major cards missing.

I pointed this out before why we were expecting Randle to carry a team of scrubs in his 1st playoff appearance with NY's 1st playoff appearance since the rebuilt began in Thibs 1st year with the Knicks. Hawks basically dared everyone but Randle to win and they didn't.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Post#82 » by knicks94 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 pm

DaGawd wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
DOT wrote:Got it, so when we lose in the 2nd round again, it will be because there's no talent on this team

Just making sure we have that saved for future reference in case someone wants to say this is a good team and Brunson is an MVP caliber player.

Well either three things can happen if the Knicks reach the second round:

1. They get eliminated because they won't be fully healthy.

2. They lose to a more talented team or talented coach.

3. They somehow find a way to win the series and make it to the conference finals.

It is very likely that the first two outcomes happen due to the fact that it is highly likely that Randle and OG won't be 100 percent by then or that they run into Boston, Milwaukee or Miami.

If the Knicks do not make it to the third round it will have very little to do with Thibs being an incompetent coach.

this. again some of these coaches like spo, greg pop etc wouldn’t have ever won **** without lebron, wade,
shaq, duncan, kawhi, etc.. thibs has never lost with that type of talent.. the onus is on the knicks fo to get thibs that level of talent to work with

Yeah, that is why I think it is ridiculous for fans to base a coach's skill set and overall worth solely on his postseason record and winning percentage and number of titles. Tyronn Lue has an NBA title as a head coach and a higher playoff winning percenatage than Thibs despite the fact that he had the priviledge of coaching Lebron, Kyrie, Kahwi, and PG, does this signify that Lue would have done a better job of coaching the Knicks of the past few years than Thibs has? I don't think so!
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,459

Post#83 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:53 pm

[tweet]
Read on Twitter
?t=xYBRiStnnVOUOGzSzBGO6g&s=19[/tweet]

But the game has passed him by. :roll:

Return to New York Knicks