ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets at 1:00pm on Saturday, 3/23/24 - Matinee Game against the little brother

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,217

Re: GT: New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets at 1:00pm on Saturday, 3/23/24 - Matinee Game against the little brother 

Post#281 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:13 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Deuce does a smart thing where he puts his hands behind his back so the refs can't possibly call a reach.

That’s showing off.
Free Palestine
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,770

Re: GT: New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets at 1:00pm on Saturday, 3/23/24 - Matinee Game against the little brother 

Post#282 » by Wildcat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:14 pm

The tempo considerably toned down the last 2:30 minutes. It's a gentleman's loss here. Leaving the guys in is fine when you're not playing reckless.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,298

Post#283 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:14 pm

Thibs found a guy who can probably play 52 minutes if he had to. Sigh.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,239

Post#284 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:14 pm

DEUCE is an honorary Nova boy!
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,642

Post#285 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:14 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:im just giving deez a hard time

but mikal has been ass this season. majority of the nets fan base wants him traded. hes averaging 16 ppg on 38% fg since the all star break. dude is mid.

They hate him because they bought what Joe Tsai and Sean Marks was selling with trying to pretend that he was a franchise player. That's their problem, not his.

On the Knicks Mikal would be averaging a solid 18ppg on excellent efficiency

this is a cop out for mikal. they don't use him as a franchise player anymore. his usage is at 22.5 since the all star break. and he's been worse than ever. that's less than guys like caris levert and brogdon. he stinks

Hm, I'll take your word for it melo i haven't been watching him like that lol

You're right, but he doesn't want to be there either. I still say on this team, he'd be alright. But what do i know, i said Bojan was a good pick up too :-?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#286 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Deuce has financial security with that contract though, 4.5m a year or whatever is good money for a 2nd rounder that was making six figures after taxes. He'll get a bigger pay day down the line.

$4.5 million doesn’t go as far as it once did.

I'll make it work :lol: I'm sure Deuce can too, just be smart with it.

Deuce needs to get some endorsement deals. That's where the fun money comes in

Deuce should study our Crypto thread. :lol:
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,298

Post#287 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:15 pm

Donte shot mediocre from 3 but still had 30. That's rare. He's key. If he can blend with Randle, Randle plays well, and Boston has something go wrong, we have a shot.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#288 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
$4.5 million doesn’t go as far as it once did.

I'll make it work :lol: I'm sure Deuce can too, just be smart with it.

Deuce needs to get some endorsement deals. That's where the fun money comes in

Deuce should study our Crypto thread. :lol:

That or become pals with Nancy and Paul Pelosi :lol:

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,646

Post#289 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
They hate him because they bought what Joe Tsai and Sean Marks was selling with trying to pretend that he was a franchise player. That's their problem, not his.

On the Knicks Mikal would be averaging a solid 18ppg on excellent efficiency

this is a cop out for mikal. they don't use him as a franchise player anymore. his usage is at 22.5 since the all star break. and he's been worse than ever. that's less than guys like caris levert and brogdon. he stinks

You're right, but he doesn't want to be there either. I still say on this team, he'd be alright. But what do i know, i said Bojan was a good pick up too :-?

i posted this the other day. this backs up his lowered usage
Read on Twitter

mikal is ok, but not worth the overhype from knicks fans. and i am not even sure i would give up deuce for him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#290 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:49 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:this is a cop out for mikal. they don't use him as a franchise player anymore. his usage is at 22.5 since the all star break. and he's been worse than ever. that's less than guys like caris levert and brogdon. he stinks

Read on Twitter

mikal is ok, but not worth the overhype from knicks fans. and i am not even sure i would give up deuce for him

Who would you rather have start for us at the 2? Donte or Mikal?

Btw, that DSJ jumper is looking smooooooth. :lol:
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#291 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:54 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

would rather start mikal, but in order to get him we will have to give up deuce, donte, maybe mitch and a bunch of picks. it is not worth it imo.

dsj 3-4 today with 8 pts and 2 steals! that's more points than frank has scored all season long :D
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#292 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:55 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i posted this the other day. this backs up his lowered usage
Read on Twitter

would rather start mikal, but in order to get him we will have to give up deuce, donte, maybe mitch and a bunch of picks. it is not worth it imo.

dsj 3-4 today with 8 pts and 2 steals! that's more points than frank has scored all season long :D

I wouldn't trade McBride unless it's a superstar. Honest truth.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#293 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:this is a cop out for mikal. they don't use him as a franchise player anymore. his usage is at 22.5 since the all star break. and he's been worse than ever. that's less than guys like caris levert and brogdon. he stinks

Read on Twitter

Yeah. I still think he'd do better here especially with how much gravity Brunson draws, but nah. Not even worth it. Especially for McBride who is the best bargain contract in the league.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#294 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Who would you rather have start for us at the 2? Donte or Mikal?

I wouldn't trade McBride unless it's a superstar. Honest truth.

yeah i think i would hold on to deuce unless we are getting a superstar or a bonafide all star or a veryyyyy good young player who's close to being an all star. basically, dont give up deuce for role players. and this is coming from someone who thought deuce was mid until he started getting a lot of minutes when we got rid of iq.
Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,122

Post#295 » by Snacks » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:08 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Deuce does a smart thing where he puts his hands behind his back so the refs can't possibly call a reach.

That’s showing off.

Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#296 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:13 pm

Snacks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

That’s showing off.

Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks