ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,564

Re: PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa 

Post#181 » by cgmw » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:24 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Knicks looking like geniuses for sneak developing McBride then extending him for a can of corn and then unleashing him. We might have to start a go fund me to help pay him enough to get a decent apartment

Haha!'

I think he'll be able to work something out with his $13 mil.

Half to taxes and 10% to his agent, means Deuce ended up with something like $2,000,000 take home pay this year. Nothing to sneeze at, but also not enough to live like a boss in NYC (when factoring in his likely retirement age of 35). If he was being financially responsible, he should only alot something like $80,000 to living expenses, which doesn't get you far in/around the 5 boroughs.

Back in the day, I used to ride the F train home with Rick Brunson after Knick games. Something tells me Deuce is more of a blacked-out SUV man.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,512

Post#182 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:43 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,461

Post#183 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:44 pm

I too don't like playing players an entire half but it doesn't seem like Hart ever get's tired. I don't buy into the nonsense but fatigue increases the risk of injury but I am concerned of fatigue come playoff time. Especially with Hart but this HC and medical staff know their players better than we do and they monitor this **** so I'll go ahead and trust them with this.

So happy and proud of Deuce! Unlike previous players, he has answered the call and taken advantage of the opportunity and has become a trusted and one of the most important players on the team. Credit to him and credit to Thibs and Dice and all the development coaches.

Ewing needs to be around more.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#184 » by BKlutch » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:48 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Damn, Nets fans obliterated from the internet. How’s their future draft picks looking? They even out with the Durant trade?

Nets board had 10 posts as of 9:45 am Sunday, but 2 were from Knicks fans enjoying the schaedenfraude.
8 legit Nets posts for a game against their "crosstown rivals."

In addition, there are rumors that their super fan, Mr. Whammy (a great guy, btw) has been courted by Spike to jump across the East River and is considering it.

That team is so bad (on and off the court) that if they gave me free seasons tickets on the court, I'd only go when the Knicks play them.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#185 » by RHODEY » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
sol537 wrote:
Good post. Nets would have to get a great package though. Mitch, Bogs and lots of picks might be enough but we’d likely have to include McBride instead of Bogs in any Mikal deal. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

But we’d have Randle and Bogs and picks to use in a different deal if we wanted…(Kat?) a definite all-in move.

Does iHart, KAT, OG, Bridges, Brunson with Hart and DDV off the bench get us a title? Maybe…

Right maybe ....on paper thats a near perfect blend of offense defense and spacing. You have 2 guys that could guard the Celtics 2 best players, you have a stretch big(Towns) that is even al ittle better than their stretch big (KP)3 you then you have Brunson plus Ihart and some tough nosed players remaining on the bench. If that version of the Knicks were in Ironman Armor ,I'd call it the "Celtics Buster".

I'll reply to this one since I kind of kicked off this most recent "Mikal or Not Mikal" debate, regardless if he's realistically available or not.

I want to be clear I've been pretty enthusiastic about the idea of adding Mikal.

He'd fit in team identity, the Knicks would be emphasizing defense, he could help provide depth for the 30 games that Randle/OG will miss collectively and he'll give the Knicks two 6'6" or taller excellent defenders to throw at Tatum/Brown, a duo the Knicks are going to have to contend with for several years, most likely.

The things I go back and forth on, is:
Is he somewhat redundant with OG?

He'll push Donte to the bench and probably impact Harts minutes as well, since Hart seems to have a role backing up 3,4,2.

Precious probably doesn't play anymore, but really not that concerned with that

That Donte's ability to be an elite sniper at the guard/wing really fuels the Knicks offense, and while Mikal's 3pt % isn't that far off, I don't think it's the same thing.

That as good as Donte is, maybe the Knicks biggest need is another elite creator, and that's probably at SG, and if Donte is going to the bench, maybe it should be for a Booker, though the uber fantasy final piece for me is Antman, or, in another alternate universe Charlotte foolishly deals that kid Miller to the Knicks for the Knicks pack of mid first rounders. :D

Or, do the Knicks lean into Brunson/go at the Celts in another way, getting Towns, so now Brunson can play 5 out, Towns pulls KP away from the hoop like he does, and while Towns isn't a great defender, the Knicks retain iHart to provide late game defense and even some twin towers sets?

It's interesting, because it's kind of the "last big move", and once the Knicks make it, their ability to make another is greatly reduced.

Also, I see a scenario where the Knicks get Towns without giving up Randle (maybe not truly possible), and they try it out for a year or however long it is to Randle's re-signing, and they possibly use Randle in ANOTHER trade, or not.

All that said, still a fan of adding Mikal.

Brunson/McBride (sorry Nets)
Mikal/Donte
OG/Hart/Mikal
Randle/OG/Hart/Mikal
IShart/Mitch.

Ok, Mitch is probably traded in the Mikal deal.

MODS this poster's quota limit of 1 serious post a month has been exceeded. As such he is subject to IMMEDIATE BANNING.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#186 » by Kampuchea » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:58 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Damn, Nets fans obliterated from the internet. How’s their future draft picks looking? They even out with the Durant trade?

Nets board had 10 posts as of 9:45 am Sunday, but 2 were from Knicks fans enjoying the schaedenfraude.

In addition, there are rumors that their super fan, Mr. Whammy (a great guy, btw) has been courted by Spike to jump across the East River and is considering it.

That team is so bad (on and off the court) that if they gave me free seasons tickets on the court, I'd only go when the Knicks play them.

Looks rough from a draft capital standpoint, bad team with poor rebuilding prospects. Bridges value decreased a bit they can at least get some picks for him.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,341

Post#187 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
sol537 wrote:
Good post. Nets would have to get a great package though. Mitch, Bogs and lots of picks might be enough but we’d likely have to include McBride instead of Bogs in any Mikal deal. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

But we’d have Randle and Bogs and picks to use in a different deal if we wanted…(Kat?) a definite all-in move.

Does iHart, KAT, OG, Bridges, Brunson with Hart and DDV off the bench get us a title? Maybe…

Right maybe ....on paper thats a near perfect blend of offense defense and spacing. You have 2 guys that could guard the Celtics 2 best players, you have a stretch big(Towns) that is even al ittle better than their stretch big (KP)3 you then you have Brunson plus Ihart and some tough nosed players remaining on the bench. If that version of the Knicks were in Ironman Armor ,I'd call it the "Celtics Buster".

I'll reply to this one since I kind of kicked off this most recent "Mikal or Not Mikal" debate, regardless if he's realistically available or not.

I want to be clear I've been pretty enthusiastic about the idea of adding Mikal.

He'd fit in team identity, the Knicks would be emphasizing defense, he could help provide depth for the 30 games that Randle/OG will miss collectively and he'll give the Knicks two 6'6" or taller excellent defenders to throw at Tatum/Brown, a duo the Knicks are going to have to contend with for several years, most likely.

The things I go back and forth on, is:
Is he somewhat redundant with OG?

He'll push Donte to the bench and probably impact Harts minutes as well, since Hart seems to have a role backing up 3,4,2.

Precious probably doesn't play anymore, but really not that concerned with that

That Donte's ability to be an elite sniper at the guard/wing really fuels the Knicks offense, and while Mikal's 3pt % isn't that far off, I don't think it's the same thing.

That as good as Donte is, maybe the Knicks biggest need is another elite creator, and that's probably at SG, and if Donte is going to the bench, maybe it should be for a Booker, though the uber fantasy final piece for me is Antman, or, in another alternate universe Charlotte foolishly deals that kid Miller to the Knicks for the Knicks pack of mid first rounders. :D

Or, do the Knicks lean into Brunson/go at the Celts in another way, getting Towns, so now Brunson can play 5 out, Towns pulls KP away from the hoop like he does, and while Towns isn't a great defender, the Knicks retain iHart to provide late game defense and even some twin towers sets?

It's interesting, because it's kind of the "last big move", and once the Knicks make it, their ability to make another is greatly reduced.

Also, I see a scenario where the Knicks get Towns without giving up Randle (maybe not truly possible), and they try it out for a year or however long it is to Randle's re-signing, and they possibly use Randle in ANOTHER trade, or not.

All that said, still a fan of adding Mikal.

Brunson/McBride (sorry Nets)
Mikal/Donte
OG/Hart/Mikal
Randle/OG/Hart/Mikal
IShart/Mitch.

Ok, Mitch is probably traded in the Mikal deal.

If they get KAT, Randle will be in the deal. No way around that, because Minny is not going to be tanking and wanting only picks. They'll need a replacement for KAT as a scoring option after Edwards.

Mikal is the right move, especially since he heals the depth chart defensively if OG is out.

But how is it even remotely possible a same city team would give us the final piece to our puzzle? Almost zero
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#188 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:03 pm

cgmw wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Knicks looking like geniuses for sneak developing McBride then extending him for a can of corn and then unleashing him. We might have to start a go fund me to help pay him enough to get a decent apartment

Haha!'

I think he'll be able to work something out with his $13 mil.

Half to taxes and 10% to his agent, means Deuce ended up with something like $2,000,000 take home pay this year. Nothing to sneeze at, but also not enough to live like a boss in NYC (when factoring in his likely retirement age of 35). If he was being financially responsible, he should only alot something like $80,000 to living expenses, which doesn't get you far in/around the 5 boroughs.

Back in the day, I used to ride the F train home with Rick Brunson after Knick games. Something tells me Deuce is more of a blacked-out SUV man.

If we win a chip with Deuce being a strong contributor he'll get strong additional cash flow. The kid is highly marketable
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#189 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:06 pm

RHODEY wrote:
MODS this poster's quota limit of 1 serious post a month has been exceeded. As such he is subject to IMMEDIATE BANNING.

ImageImageImage
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,936

Post#190 » by F N 11 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw

well DAMN... she puuurtyyy

Wait, is that beauty Deuce's??? :o

My man.

Nah he has a shorty.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#191 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:08 pm

BKlutch wrote:

Including the three empty seats next to yours Deuce could remove the armrests, stretch out and get a good night's sleep after each home game. His budget woes over the cost of living in NYC would be instantly resolved.
ImageImageImage
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Post#192 » by Phish Tank » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:05 pm

I'm kinda weary on this whole Mikal Bridges thing in NY.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,402

Post#193 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:43 pm

Phish Tank wrote:I'm kinda weary on this whole Mikal Bridges thing in NY.

Don't worry. It's not completely beaten to death yet
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#194 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:57 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:I'm kinda weary on this whole Mikal Bridges thing in NY.

Don't worry. It's not completely beaten to death yet

Sorry, but I had to do this

ImageImageImage
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#195 » by KnicksGod » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:00 pm

It’ll be interesting — is Thibs really gonna throw Burks or Bog out there in the playoffs? Seems entirely pointless.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,914

Post#196 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:05 pm

BKlutch wrote:

Their mistreatment of Mr. Whammy (Bruce R.) is just par for the course. I hope he does leave. Poor guy lost his wife and he can't even find solace in some hoops because the team he supported for what, 30+ years loyally is run by absolute scum.

Imagine Dolan selling the Knicks to a real estate speculator and the team gets ripped out of Manhattan and moved to Seattle. And on the way out they spit on the entire NYC fanbase, and disrespects season ticket holders and long time fixtures within the fanbase. Nevermind the on court embarrassment and dysfunctional off court stuff. How would people here feel if that happened? Not good, i reckon. I'm not surprised that board is dead. I told them that this was going to happen.

F*ck The Brooklyn Nets. I took joy in watching them get dismantled in the 4th yesterday. I laughed watching Mikal chat it up with his friends after his team got beaten bloody.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,914

Post#197 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:07 pm

F N 11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
well DAMN... she puuurtyyy

My man.

Nah he has a shorty.

Then who the hell is she?

Does she need a sugar daddy? Rent paid?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,936

Post#198 » by F N 11 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

My man.

Nah he has a shorty.

She’s a big music artist
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#199 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

My man.

Nah he has a shorty.

Somebody's thirsty :lol:
ImageImageImage
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,533

Post#200 » by Wildcat » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:31 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's why you don't talk **** a month into the season.

Return to New York Knicks