ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Re: PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa 

Post#141 » by sol537 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:27 am

RHODEY wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
As a3rd option 2 way player who is 6'6" and long.. he's exactly what we need to play 5 on...he slots in perfectly at the 2 and would give us A Villlanova "4"...he'ds be the "Rasheed Wallace" move to put us over the top..

If all we have to give up is Deuce and Bogs and picks its a no brainier... An yeah I agree he doesn't look "that good" on the Nets...but with us , he'd be better than ever...likely an Allstar.

These other pieces like Towns and and Donovan Mitchell are not great fits IMO AND they would cost way more.

Yah…worst case scenario, Mikal would probably fit over those guys, but it looks like the Knicks are aiming much higher than Towns or Mitchell. We’ll see if they can do it.

Someone like Jimmy Buckets would be amazing on this squad at this point. Able to impact the game without scoring but can definitely do it, well rounded and tough. Fits the Thibs mentality.

I don't see Mikal as a "worst case scenario", but rather closer to best case. Because although there are more talented players - assuming if they areealistic options- they would cost a boatload because their salaries are huge and not to mention how many picks we 'd have to add too.

I'd make that sacrifice for Giannis, because he's that good ....but that's about it .
Embiid is also that good , but his durability is garbage.
Booker is almost that good but for me his greater talent doesn't counter balance Mikal's perfect fit and much lower cost factor.

Outside of the above three I'm not that excited about the other options.
Donovan to me is too redundant to Brunson and too small. I don't care if he "can" play defense, I want a player who I know plays defense against BIG wings.

Towns - I was kinda impressed with what he's done with Minny this season but that contract means we give up Multiple core players and I don't think he's worth a Randle plus Mitch plus picks . Would Minny accept Bogs and Randle? If so I might reconsider because Town's shooting is legit. But still I cant quite see it with him, he s doesn't feel like a Knicks player.

Butler is a great clutch player but he's old and he cant shoot like Mikal , and he's more expensive. I also think he 's redundant when we have OG.

Mikal gives us elite shooting , elite dense, and the size/length to guard players like Jaylen Brown in the playoffs.

All that rolled up into one player and a lower cost and the chemistry factor with the Villanova guys ="perfect fit" to me.

Good post. Nets would have to get a great package though. Mitch, Bogs and lots of picks might be enough but we’d likely have to include McBride instead of Bogs in any Mikal deal. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

But we’d have Randle and Bogs and picks to use in a different deal if we wanted…(Kat?) a definite all-in move.

Does iHart, KAT, OG, Bridges, Brunson with Hart and DDV off the bench get us a title? Maybe…
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,073

Post#142 » by Jeffrey » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:29 am

Man, it looks like Thibs is done with Bogs and possibly Precious.
sol537
RealGM

Post#143 » by sol537 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:39 am

Jeffrey wrote:Man, it looks like Thibs is done with Bogs and possibly Precious.

Precious is good next to OG. Not so much next to Hart as the PF…
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#144 » by BKlutch » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:42 am

F N 11 wrote:Deuce a beast

DSJ a bum going for layup when we were not trying to score. Some things don’t change.

Once again, my DVR recorded the non-MSG broadcast, so I was treated to this really studpid duo on the Nets postgame show. After they admitted the Knicks schooled them, they pointed to the bright spot of DSJr who showed (in that layup you mentioned) how valuable a player he's become. WTF???

Fortuntely, my recording of the Knicks postgme show started with Thib's interview, so I heard some good stuff.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,940

Post#145 » by GettinitDone » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:52 am

Read on Twitter
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,511

Post#146 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:59 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:Dsj just seems like a player that Thibs wouldn't fw

Thibs spoke effusively about him in the press conference without prompt

He does seem to have a good head on his shoulders now

I'm just speaking on my perception of him from when he played for us lol which I guess ain't really fair to him

yeah he reinvented his game since he left the knicks. he's a dog on defense and can get buckets/playmake a little. thibs would love this version of him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#147 » by KnicksGod » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:02 am

Read on Twitter
/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1771615370559795512&currentTweetUser=KnicksMuse
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#148 » by KnicksGod » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:03 am

GettinitDone wrote:
Read on Twitter

She MIGHT be selling her sex appeal. Sold.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#149 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:11 am

Max Josh Hart right now

Read on Twitter
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#150 » by RHODEY » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:17 am

sol537 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Yah…worst case scenario, Mikal would probably fit over those guys, but it looks like the Knicks are aiming much higher than Towns or Mitchell. We’ll see if they can do it.

Someone like Jimmy Buckets would be amazing on this squad at this point. Able to impact the game without scoring but can definitely do it, well rounded and tough. Fits the Thibs mentality.

I don't see Mikal as a "worst case scenario", but rather closer to best case. Because although there are more talented players - assuming if they areealistic options- they would cost a boatload because their salaries are huge and not to mention how many picks we 'd have to add too.

I'd make that sacrifice for Giannis, because he's that good ....but that's about it .
Booker is almost that good but for me his greater talent doesn't counter balance Mikal's perfect fit and much lower cost factor.

Donovan to me is too redundant to Brunson and too small. I don't care if he "can" play defense, I want a player who I know plays defense against BIG wings.

Towns - I was kinda impressed with what he's done with Minny this season but that contract means we give up Multiple core players and I don't think he's worth a Randle plus Mitch plus picks . Would Minny accept Bogs and Randle? If so I might reconsider because Town's shooting is legit. But still I cant quite see it with him, he s doesn't feel like a Knicks player.

Butler is a great clutch player but he's old and he cant shoot like Mikal , and he's more expensive. I also think he 's redundant when we have OG.

Mikal gives us elite shooting , elite dense, and the size/length to guard players like Jaylen Brown in the playoffs.

All that rolled up into one player and a lower cost and the chemistry factor with the Villanova guys ="perfect fit" to me.

Good post. Nets would have to get a great package though. Mitch, Bogs and lots of picks might be enough but we’d likely have to include McBride instead of Bogs in any Mikal deal. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

But we’d have Randle and Bogs and picks to use in a different deal if we wanted…(Kat?) a definite all-in move.

Does iHart, KAT, OG, Bridges, Brunson with Hart and DDV off the bench get us a title? Maybe…

Right maybe ....on paper thats a near perfect blend of offense defense and spacing. You have 2 guys that could guard the Celtics 2 best players, you have a stretch big(Towns) that is even al ittle better than their stretch big (KP)3 you then you have Brunson plus Ihart and some tough nosed players remaining on the bench. If that version of the Knicks were in Ironman Armor ,I'd call it the "Celtics Buster".
sol537
RealGM

Post#151 » by sol537 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:22 am

RHODEY wrote:
sol537 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Right maybe ....on paper thats a near perfect blend of offense defense and spacing. You have 2 guys that could guard the Celtics 2 best players, you have a stretch big(Towns) that is even al ittle better than their stretch big (KP)3 you then you have Brunson plus Ihart and some tough nosed players remaining on the bench. If that version of the Knicks were in Ironman Armor ,I'd call it the "Celtics Buster".

Maybe a pipe dream… I’ll enjoy this season and worry about that stuff in the offseason. In Leon we trust
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,936

Post#152 » by F N 11 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:27 am

BKlutch wrote:

DSJ a bum going for layup when we were not trying to score. Some things don’t change.

Once again, my DVR recorded the non-MSG broadcast, so I was treated to this really studpid duo on the Nets postgame show. After they admitted the Knicks schooled them, they pointed to the bright spot of DSJr who showed (in that layup you mentioned) how valuable a player he's become. WTF???

Fortuntely, my recording of the Knicks postgme show started with Thib's interview, so I heard some good stuff.

Thibs got a relationship with him. Likes his on ball defense. Nothing wrong with talking about a former player you coached.

Thibs actually drooled over him in the draft. Weird it didn’t work out.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,340

Post#153 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:34 am

Deuce has been playing fantastic. No need for DSJ
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,652

Post#154 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:35 am

Missed the game. Read most of the game thread before I watched a 10 minute highlight package. What a 4th quarter. The GT was pretty negative for three quarters.

Bogs and Achiuwa 7 minutes each, discouraging. I do think Precious value is matchup dependent as Thibs said. But Bojan what a disappointment. He should have had a good game by now.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,715

Post#155 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:43 am

BKlutch wrote:

Yeah, I keep being diverted to the opponent’s feed even I set my reminders to the Knicks.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#156 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:53 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Deuce has been playing fantastic. No need for DSJ

DSJ? Who’s suggesting … oh, must be Melo. :lol:
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,341

Post#157 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
As a3rd option 2 way player who is 6'6" and long.. he's exactly what we need to play 5 on...he slots in perfectly at the 2 and would give us A Villlanova "4"...he'ds be the "Rasheed Wallace" move to put us over the top..

If all we have to give up is Deuce and Bogs and picks its a no brainier... An yeah I agree he doesn't look "that good" on the Nets...but with us , he'd be better than ever...likely an Allstar.

These other pieces like Towns and and Donovan Mitchell are not great fits IMO AND they would cost way more.

Giannis?

Giannis has to be # 1 on the Knicks wish list. They are not banking on it, but if the Bucks fail badly Giannis could seek new pastures. If he wants out, Milwaukee can get a massive haul for a fast reboot.

I don't really believe the Embiid rumors all that much. Plus, he is as much of an injury risk as OG and I expect this FO to give out only one big deal to a player with injury concerns, not two.

KAT is more probable than those two. People go back and forth on whether KAT is a good fit or not, but he is more of a floor stretcher than any of our current bigs and he actually may accelerate our scoring even if he's probably a downgrade on defense. He seems more likely due to his connections to Rose and Thibs. And Minny has to lock in Edwards no matter what so they may want cap relief and move KAT.

I think they have moved on from DM because Brunson is a better player than him and they are very redundant. Looking at what Deuce brings to the backcourt recently should open eyes about what kind of player needs to be next to Brunson.

The only knock on Deuce is he is 6'1". The Knicks really need a tweener guard as a stopper against guys too big for a player like Deuce. Mikal is on everyones' mind here today obviously, and he'd be a perfect fit, but I see no reason to believe that is remotely possible.

A lot depends on Randle's play when he returns. This would be a championship caliber team if he plays well and OG and Mitch are back. The knock on Randle is his highly inconsistent effort on defense. If that was not a concern there would probably be no reason to move Randle at all.

Which begs the question: Why replace Randle if you're not getting a better defender than Randle?

KAT is not a better defender, for instance.

This leads me to suspect we may not be getting any of the guys above unless Giannis wants out. Otherwise, this team will get closer to a championship by having defensive depth at every position, not necessarily by adding another alpha scorer. With Randle back, we have plenty scoring punch already, especially with our defense is clicking.

One of the biggest variables in this off-season is Hartenstein. He's great and they may prioritize keeping him unless a Giannis trade is possible. If that happens, then I think they will look for a swing man who provides elite defense to round out the roster.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#158 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:06 am

Deuce has a longer wingspan than he his height would suggest. Plus, he has great anticipation.
Free Palestine
sol537
RealGM

Post#159 » by sol537 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:07 am

Randle, Mitch, Bogs, and loads of picks for Giannis.

I’m here for it.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 822

Post#160 » by KOA » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:12 am

If they go for Mikal, they should trade Randle in the process and get a 3/4 that can provide some consistent bench scoring.

Brunson / McBride
Donte / Hart
Mikal / Bogs
OG / Precious
Mitch / IHart

Return to New York Knicks