ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,936

Re: PG: Donte McBride Bury Nets Next to Jimmy Hoffa 

Post#161 » by F N 11 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Deuce has a longer wingspan than he his height would suggest. Plus, he has great anticipation.

Most of us were screaming for him agate this game. Even Derrick Rose was like nah let Deuce play.

https://youtu.be/2sEIikiD9Tg?si=EAa2e4xJ0UPfFPM2
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,341

Post#162 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 am

8516knicks wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
sol537 wrote:Mitch, Bogs and four picks… for Mikal. Hold Deuce back and make a run for several years

You think Mikal will hit 3s like Donte? Because everyone has Donte going to the bench. Not sure if that is an improvement

Hmmm. Donte 12/24 = 31 pts. Reports of his benching might be premature. :D

Donte went to the rack and was finishing today. His hops are coming back.

And I think people were discounting the effect of hamstring issues on shooting touch. It almost surely brought down his shooting percentages over the past month.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#163 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:21 am

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
A trade package with Deuce, Bojan's contract and picks has to bring back more than a roleplayer.

I'm telling you tho....i think Randle/Bojan's money is going to be what Leon uses to obtain KAT.

knicks wouldn't even give up multiple picks for dejounte murray. they are def saving the picks for a big time star instead of giving them up for mikal

fred katz said the knicks checked in on kat this season but never made an offer for him. so not sure how really interested they are in him

The way the reports are coming out, I think the brass is looking for a Booker to Giannis level talent to shake loose. Probably one of those two specifically.

Kat is a step below imo though in the right deal maybe. Especially if they think he's better to flip.

Exactly. If it is not one of the best players out there I don't expect them to settle for a Tier B star. As much as some guys esteem DM, he is still not a Tier 1 impact player like Brunson. Neither is KAT.

If they don't get a pure alpha scorer like Booker or a frontline monster like Giannis, I think they'll solidify the current roster.

In that case, as I said in the post above this, it will likely mean retaining Hartenstein and finding a swing G/F who can play lock down defense.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#164 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:23 am

Capn'O wrote:Great to beat down the Nets today, though I missed it sadly.

3 Quarters of back and forth and Nets end of quarter buzzer beaters.

And then a 4th quarter of total dominance. Very satisfying end to the game.
ImageImageImage
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,094

Post#165 » by stuporman » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:28 am

You know what would happen if Bridges came to the Knicks...he'd get unlocked and go superNova. It would be like having a second OG but one that actually plays all the games. Of course it's still not gonna happen…the Knicks would need to overpay to get him if it were possible at all...and it isn't.

...and please, people, stop trying to read Thibs mind, acting like you know his thoughts from scraps of nothingness you've conjured up into something in your imagination.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#166 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:29 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Deuce has a longer wingspan than he his height would suggest. Plus, he has great anticipation.

He does. He's becoming one of the best defenders in the league, but he is usually going to be too small to contain alpha scorers above 6'4" or 6'5". He can slow down guys like Steph and Lillard, but he'll probably have a tougher time against Edwards and Booker. He was not as effective against Murray in the Denver game. These are all bigger guys.
ImageImageImage
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,030

Post#167 » by Besart19 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:52 am

If Randle wouldnt get injured, our signing should have been DeRozan

Hart / Mitch
Randle / Achi
Anunoby / Hart
Donte / Derozan
Brunson / McBride
Strength and Honour!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#168 » by RHODEY » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:59 am

Besart19 wrote:If Randle wouldnt get injured, our signing should have been DeRozan

Hart / Mitch
Randle / Achi
Anunoby / Hart
Donte / Derozan
Brunson / McBride

Yeah I'm sure a Multiple AllStar like Derozan would love the idea of playing backup to Donte :D
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,629

Post#169 » by Knick4Real » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:07 am

It was a good game. We did what we were SUPPOSED to do against New Jersey.

Back in 4th Place, baby!! :nod:

Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#170 » by Knick4Real » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:12 am

evevale wrote:Image

Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#171 » by Knick4Real » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:21 am

robillionaire wrote:Knicks looking like geniuses for sneak developing McBride then extending him for a can of corn and then unleashing him. We might have to start a go fund me to help pay him enough to get a decent apartment

Haha!'

I think he'll be able to work something out with his $13 mil.
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#172 » by Knick4Real » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:30 am

Awww!

So nice to see the new jersey nets join the KNICKS on "bring your son to work" day! :nod:

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,623

Post#173 » by Gravy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:51 am

At one point recently the Nets has KD, Kyrie and Harden on the same team. The talent was there but the egos were too big and they did not want to stick around.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,722

Post#174 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:54 am

Clyde_Style wrote:

He does. He's becoming one of the best defenders in the league, but he is usually going to be too small to contain alpha scorers above 6'4" or 6'5". He can slow down guys like Steph and Lillard, but he'll probably have a tougher time against Edwards and Booker. He was not as effective against Murray in the Denver game. These are all bigger guys.

Murray is very tough. Still, I trust Deuce to play these guys tougher than most. It’ll be interesting to see how he continues to improve against these elite scorers as he develops.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#175 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:09 am

Knick4Real wrote:It was a good game. We did what we were SUPPOSED to do against New Jersey.

Back in 4th Place, baby!! :nod:

ORL lost a thriller to SAC

Thanks Sacramento!

Part One of this 4 Game Stretch going according to plan
ImageImageImage
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,627

Post#176 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:23 am

3toheadmelo wrote:the good thing is that it looks like the nets aren't going to trade mikal and the knicks def won't meet their asking price either. if we were to trade deuce, i rather it be for a true star. mikal is good but not worth giving up deuce at the moment

As you can see from my Avatar, I love Deuce but he can‘t guard 1 - 4 like Bridges can. Deuce ain‘t a wing, he is a short SG/combo.
I do want to see what he does in the playoffs.

I would rather move Hart than Deuce. But NJ wouldn‘t take him imo.

But having OG and Bridges out there, well that is perrenial chip runs w Brunson, IHart and Randle.
And Mitch, Hart and Donte off the bench, who can compete w that?

Brunson
Bridges
OG
Randle
IHart

Hart
Donte
Mitch
?

I think we are better w Bridges than Spida, but maybe not.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,627

Post#177 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:39 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
sol537 wrote:Mitch, Bogs and four picks… for Mikal. Hold Deuce back and make a run for several years

4 picks is out of the question.

4 picks from Houston (NJ’s) plus Green wasn‘t enough.
Our picks are much worse. The other firsts from Wash/Milw we have are better than ours.
And picks far out from us would make little sense to NJ (having no picks now).

Houston has the better deal.
Only chance is Bridges forcing things and only extending here.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,722

Post#178 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:05 am

KnicksGod wrote:Thibs gonna sit home alone tonight and watch Boston - Chicago, trying to find the Celtics’ secret weaknesses.

Cleanthony Early should take Thibs strip club hopping.
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,976

Post#179 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:44 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Bogs and Achiuwa 7 minutes each, discouraging. I do think Precious value is matchup dependent as Thibs said. But Bojan what a disappointment. He should have had a good game by now.

He has. But literally like one.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,402

Post#180 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:19 pm

RHODEY wrote:
sol537 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

I don't see Mikal as a "worst case scenario", but rather closer to best case. Because although there are more talented players - assuming if they areealistic options- they would cost a boatload because their salaries are huge and not to mention how many picks we 'd have to add too.

I'd make that sacrifice for Giannis, because he's that good ....but that's about it .
Embiid is also that good , but his durability is garbage.
Booker is almost that good but for me his greater talent doesn't counter balance Mikal's perfect fit and much lower cost factor.

Outside of the above three I'm not that excited about the other options.
Donovan to me is too redundant to Brunson and too small. I don't care if he "can" play defense, I want a player who I know plays defense against BIG wings.

Towns - I was kinda impressed with what he's done with Minny this season but that contract means we give up Multiple core players and I don't think he's worth a Randle plus Mitch plus picks . Would Minny accept Bogs and Randle? If so I might reconsider because Town's shooting is legit. But still I cant quite see it with him, he s doesn't feel like a Knicks player.

Butler is a great clutch player but he's old and he cant shoot like Mikal , and he's more expensive. I also think he 's redundant when we have OG.

Mikal gives us elite shooting , elite dense, and the size/length to guard players like Jaylen Brown in the playoffs.

All that rolled up into one player and a lower cost and the chemistry factor with the Villanova guys ="perfect fit" to me.

Good post. Nets would have to get a great package though. Mitch, Bogs and lots of picks might be enough but we’d likely have to include McBride instead of Bogs in any Mikal deal. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

But we’d have Randle and Bogs and picks to use in a different deal if we wanted…(Kat?) a definite all-in move.

Does iHart, KAT, OG, Bridges, Brunson with Hart and DDV off the bench get us a title? Maybe…

Right maybe ....on paper thats a near perfect blend of offense defense and spacing. You have 2 guys that could guard the Celtics 2 best players, you have a stretch big(Towns) that is even al ittle better than their stretch big (KP)3 you then you have Brunson plus Ihart and some tough nosed players remaining on the bench. If that version of the Knicks were in Ironman Armor ,I'd call it the "Celtics Buster".

I'll reply to this one since I kind of kicked off this most recent "Mikal or Not Mikal" debate, regardless if he's realistically available or not.

I want to be clear I've been pretty enthusiastic about the idea of adding Mikal.

He'd fit in team identity, the Knicks would be emphasizing defense, he could help provide depth for the 30 games that Randle/OG will miss collectively and he'll give the Knicks two 6'6" or taller excellent defenders to throw at Tatum/Brown, a duo the Knicks are going to have to contend with for several years, most likely.

The things I go back and forth on, is:
Is he somewhat redundant with OG?

He'll push Donte to the bench and probably impact Harts minutes as well, since Hart seems to have a role backing up 3,4,2.

Precious probably doesn't play anymore, but really not that concerned with that

That Donte's ability to be an elite sniper at the guard/wing really fuels the Knicks offense, and while Mikal's 3pt % isn't that far off, I don't think it's the same thing.

That as good as Donte is, maybe the Knicks biggest need is another elite creator, and that's probably at SG, and if Donte is going to the bench, maybe it should be for a Booker, though the uber fantasy final piece for me is Antman, or, in another alternate universe Charlotte foolishly deals that kid Miller to the Knicks for the Knicks pack of mid first rounders. :D

Or, do the Knicks lean into Brunson/go at the Celts in another way, getting Towns, so now Brunson can play 5 out, Towns pulls KP away from the hoop like he does, and while Towns isn't a great defender, the Knicks retain iHart to provide late game defense and even some twin towers sets?

It's interesting, because it's kind of the "last big move", and once the Knicks make it, their ability to make another is greatly reduced.

Also, I see a scenario where the Knicks get Towns without giving up Randle (maybe not truly possible), and they try it out for a year or however long it is to Randle's re-signing, and they possibly use Randle in ANOTHER trade, or not.

All that said, still a fan of adding Mikal.

Brunson/McBride (sorry Nets)
Mikal/Donte
OG/Hart/Mikal
Randle/OG/Hart/Mikal
IShart/Mitch.

Ok, Mitch is probably traded in the Mikal deal.

Return to New York Knicks