ImageImageImageImageImage

Deuce McBride glow-up thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,592

Re: Deuce FINALLY getting minutes just before a playoff push 

Post#81 » by Meat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Couldn't happen at a better more opportune time. His defense is ELITE and always has been but now he's in killer mode. He's running the team, attacking the paint, sniping from 3... he's always had the mid range which is rare in today's NBA.

He's just got his confidence thru the roof, which he's never really lacked but it must of been so frustrating not getting a chance to showcase his talent and get consistent minutes to really help this team.

He can flat out WRECK a game with his defense alone. Now he's showing he can be an important 2-way player.... that is HUGE for us at the PERFECT time. He adds a special talent to a fully healthy team but given our state of injuries he's proving even more vital.

He's proving he can be trusted. This is like getting a 1st round ready draft pick or trading for an impact player right before the playoffs.... aka Marcus Smart

Do you give Thibs and the coaching staff any credit for Deuce's development?

I've always given Thibs credit for player development but in the same token some of yall act like they wouldn't develop w.o Thibs or with a different coach... or maybe they would of developed a lot sooner had they gotten consistent minutes

There's no way to know but I've always maintained Thibs was a good coach not a great coach for many painfully obvious reasons. Brunson 100% saved his job and so did Randle during that December stretch 2 years ago when we looked like we were nose diving and shifting to the lottery

I also have always credited Thibs for changing the culture at a DIRE time of need but the game has passed him by for a long time now and he's not a coach to get u over the hump. Nobody was hiring him but us

you ever see Jr smith on the JJ reddick podcast? he was talking about being drafted to denver, and how much that set him back. where and who you're drafted to seem to be as important as your overall talent. This is looking to be buttleresque, i can get behind being lucky once but
RoxSteady
Sixth Man
And1: 5,243

Post#82 » by RoxSteady » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Deuce McDirty?

McBuckets is already taken.

McDermott should have that nickname revoked since he never earned it in the first place.

McGod

Spruce
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#83 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 pm

RoxSteady wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
McDermott should have that nickname revoked since he never earned it in the first place.

McGod

Spruce

No
:beer: RIP mags
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#84 » by DrCoach » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:57 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
DOT wrote:If you ignore all the players he didn't develop, he definitely does!

You mean the ones that havent developed anywhere else cause they arent good?

How could they develop anywhere else after leaving Thibs? We were told a player is a finished product after 3 years.

So if Thibs bungles a player's development in their first 3 years....he's ruined them forever. Career over.

Brunson was a finished product after 3 years?
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,570

Post#85 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:10 am

DrCoach wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

You mean the ones that havent developed anywhere else cause they arent good?

How could they develop anywhere else after leaving Thibs? We were told a player is a finished product after 3 years.

So if Thibs bungles a player's development in their first 3 years....he's ruined them forever. Career over.

Brunson was a finished product after 3 years?

Randle too.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,998

Deuce goes from being our X-Factor to becoming an IMPORTANT factor for the playoffs 

Post#86 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:25 am

Lost in all of the injuries is the emergence of Deuce.... he is showing he can be HIM. He looks like one of the better 3 pt shooters on the team, he can attack the rack, blow past defenders and he has the very rare confident mid range that's lost in today's NBA. He's not scared of the moment

His ELITE defense was going to be a big factor in the playoffs. Now it's going to be a HUGE factor along with his offense and facilitating. He's showing he can do it all and for 40+ minutes.... he's work horse.

If OG & Mitch stay healthy and get back up to playing form, Deuce might just be the catalyst to get us to the ECF or at least out of the 2nd round.

Its gona take everybody but it's **** amazing to see Deuce get, and finally run with this opportunity.
RoxSteady
Sixth Man
And1: 5,243

Re: Deuce goes from being our X-Factor to becoming an IMPORTANT factor for the playoffs 

Post#87 » by RoxSteady » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:54 pm

Not lost! I think fans and beat writers definitely see it.... btw, I might move Deuce back into the starting 5 and let Donte cook off the bench where the Knicks need more consistent scoring!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,607

Re: Deuce goes from being our X-Factor to becoming an IMPORTANT factor for the playoffs 

Post#88 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:59 pm

RoxSteady wrote:Not lost! I think fans and beat writers definitely see it.... btw, I might move Deuce back into the starting 5 and let Donte cook off the bench where the Knicks need more consistent scoring!

No
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,570

Post#89 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:04 pm

Deuce will do very well in the playoffs. Even if his shooting % dips a little, his defense will be a huge factor.

It makes me sad though, knowing Thibs and Leon will try to ship him out this summer for a CAA vet.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#90 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:29 pm

Thibs gonna run a 7-man playoff lineup…

Starters getting near 40 mins each and McBride and Mitch off the bench. Spot minutes only to any other bench guy. It’s our best shot of advancing.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,982

Post#91 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:37 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:.

i put your McBride celebration threads together in one place.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#92 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:57 pm

sol537 wrote:Thibs gonna run a 7-man playoff lineup…

Starters getting near 40 mins each and McBride and Mitch off the bench. Spot minutes only to any other bench guy. It’s our best shot of advancing.

it'll be 8. bogey will have to adjust and stick, but with the least minutes and first down for situational. if the current group stays healthy, i think we'll see something like this:

starters:
brunson - 38
divincenzo - 36
hart - 40
anunoby - 38
hartenstein - 28

bench:
mcbride - 26
robinson - 20
bogdanovic - 14

situational:
precious
burks

the brunson/divo/deuce trio eats all guard minutes. duece will sneak some minutes in when we go small here and there.

hart will continue to lead us in minutes. 40 will be the average. some games he'll go more.

brunson's minutes have been pretty steady around 36 and will prob bump up a couple on average, with some games having him dig deeper.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#93 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:15 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Fascist!!!
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,387

Re: Deuce McBride glow-up thread 

Post#94 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:57 pm

Deuce is showing he can defend taller players, but the remaining caveat is if that taller player is a bully baller then you'll need to put Josh Hart on that player instead of Deuce.

Deuce did defend Steph and Shai very well. So he is able to defend a 6'5' finesse player, but he struggles against bigger guys who have a power game.

Overall, Deuce's contribution to our defense has now become essential to our success. That he is also a fearless high percentage scorer makes him totally dope.
ImageImageImage
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#95 » by sol537 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:05 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

it'll be 8. bogey will have to adjust and stick, but with the least minutes and first down for situational. if the current group stays healthy, i think we'll see something like this:

I'm thinking we'll see...

starters:
brunson - 40
divincenzo - 37
hart - 40
anunoby - 40
hartenstein - 38

bench:
mcbride - 35
robinson - 10

situational:
bogdonavic
precious
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#96 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:19 pm

sol537 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

I'm thinking we'll see...

starters:
brunson - 40
divincenzo - 37
hart - 40
anunoby - 40
hartenstein - 38

bench:
mcbride - 35
robinson - 10

situational:
bogdonavic
precious

where is deuce playing to get those 35 minutes? among the 1-3 you've only left 27 bench minutes. 19 if you limit to the guard spots. 29 and 21 if we include your missing minutes.

hartenstein and mitch are going to have a better balance than that.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,409

Post#97 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:48 pm

Increasing that trade value!
TKKnicks1
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,704

Post#98 » by TKKnicks1 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:02 am

Donte has been playing well but the defense and intangibles that Deuce brings are unmatched. Deuce needs to start period.
~I Believe!~
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#99 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:29 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

:lol: lmao celebration threads lolll, it's just true, he was gona be our x-factor now he moves into being a MAJOR factor as he's going to have to step up and assert himself with the absence of Randle.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#100 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:41 am

RoxSteady wrote:Not lost! I think fans and beat writers definitely see it.... btw, I might move Deuce back into the starting 5 and let Donte cook off the bench where the Knicks need more consistent scoring!

Idk about starting just yet, Donte's 3 prowess is a huge key to our success but either way Deuce needs significant playing time, like almost starter minutes sohhe can "wreck the game" for the opposing team

Return to New York Knicks