ImageImageImageImageImage

Deuce McBride glow-up thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,006

Re: Deuce McBride glow-up thread 

Post#121 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:07 am

The only way the Knicks trade for an elite player to compliment Brunson is for that same player to become disgruntled with his team, which though isn’t impossible is not as simple as we think. I mean how many elite players in the last 25 years have jumped ship to another team because they were dissatisfied with the team that drafted them? T-Mac, KG, Lebron, Bosh, Dwight, CP3, Melo, D.Will, KD, AD, Kyrie and Kawhi are the only ones that I can think of. Who would be available for the Knicks in the near future that would be that missing championship piece? I don’t think Luka or Embiid is that piece.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,457

Post#122 » by Zenzibar » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:20 pm

knicks94 wrote:The only way the Knicks trade for an elite player to compliment Brunson is for that same player to become disgruntled with his team, which though isn’t impossible is not as simple as we think. I mean how many elite players in the last 25 years have jumped ship to another team because they were dissatisfied with the team that drafted them? T-Mac, KG, Lebron, Bosh, Dwight, CP3, Melo, D.Will, KD, AD, Kyrie and Kawhi are the only ones that I can think of. Who would be available for the Knicks in the near future that would be that missing championship piece? I don’t think Luka or Embiid is that piece.

You've mentioned some elite players. The Knicks don't even need these high volume type players. They would need a a Mikal Bridges type to compete for a chip yearly.
Stop All Genocides
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,933

Post#123 » by islanders11040 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:58 pm

knicks94 wrote:The only way the Knicks trade for an elite player to compliment Brunson is for that same player to become disgruntled with his team, which though isn’t impossible is not as simple as we think. I mean how many elite players in the last 25 years have jumped ship to another team because they were dissatisfied with the team that drafted them? T-Mac, KG, Lebron, Bosh, Dwight, CP3, Melo, D.Will, KD, AD, Kyrie and Kawhi are the only ones that I can think of. Who would be available for the Knicks in the near future that would be that missing championship piece? I don’t think Luka or Embiid is that piece.

Paul George, Harden, Lillard, Jimmy Butler, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett just off the top of my head were all traded for some reason or another. im sure there are even more examples
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,105

Post#124 » by Context » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:13 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,615

Post#125 » by Meat » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:47 pm

Zenzibar wrote:

You've mentioned some elite players. The Knicks don't even need these high volume type players. They would need a a Mikal Bridges type to compete for a chip yearly.

they do though, they need someone who can create for themselves or others, history has proven that. Unless you're a world eater like steph, which as much as i love jb he's not, you cant do it with a lil guard being your only shot creator
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#126 » by Zenzibar » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:11 pm

Meat wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

they do though, they need someone who can create for themselves or others, history has proven that. Unless you're a world eater like steph, which as much as i love jb he's not, you cant do it with a lil guard being your only shot creator

He's not what? JB is not an elite scorer? Bro, he scored 61 points versus the Spurs and Victor, many IN THE PAINT. The constant talk of being small is just mind-boggling, even after what you dudes have seen this year.

Stop All Genocides
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,416

Post#127 » by Ray Williams » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:22 pm

Thank Leon Rose and the sweet baby Jesus that we locked Deuce up! Imagine if he was a free agent?
Meat
Head Coach

Post#128 » by Meat » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:27 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Meat wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

He's not what? JB is not an elite scorer? Bro, he scored 61 points versus the Spurs and Victor, many IN THE PAINT. The constant talk of being small is just mind-boggling, even after what you dudes have seen this year.

small guards not named steph curry don't win rings, 75 years of nba and 2 guys have done it. math is still a thing. And again he's the only shot creator on the team
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,176

Post#129 » by GONYK » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 pm

Meat wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

There is a secondary shot creator on this team. He's a 2x All-Star and All-NBA player
Meat
Head Coach

Post#130 » by Meat » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:07 pm

GONYK wrote:
Meat wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

There is a secondary shot creator on this team. He's a 2x All-Star and All-NBA player

he'll be here as well, he can be tertiary
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#131 » by GONYK » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm

Meat wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Meat wrote:

I don't know how many upper-tier shot creators

1. Can play well off the ball, since Jalen is and will remain our main creator
2. Are willing to play 18-20 mins off the bench if they can't play off the ball
3. Are available without needing to cut into the core pieces of the team
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#132 » by Zenzibar » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:28 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Couldn't happen at a better more opportune time. His defense is ELITE and always has been but now he's in killer mode. He's running the team, attacking the paint, sniping from 3... he's always had the mid range which is rare in today's NBA.

He's just got his confidence thru the roof, which he's never really lacked but it must of been so frustrating not getting a chance to showcase his talent and get consistent minutes to really help this team.

He can flat out WRECK a game with his defense alone. Now he's showing he can be an important 2-way player.... that is HUGE for us at the PERFECT time. He adds a special talent to a fully healthy team but given our state of injuries he's proving even more vital.

He's proving he can be trusted. This is like getting a 1st round ready draft pick or trading for an impact player right before the playoffs.... aka Marcus Smart

Deuce McBride is to the Knicks what Joe Dumars was for the Bad Boys.
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Re: Deuce FINALLY getting minutes just before a playoff push 

Post#133 » by Zenzibar » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:42 pm

DrCoach wrote:Time for people to admit that Thibs develops players

This is the Guard whisperer:

Stop All Genocides
Meat
Head Coach

Post#134 » by Meat » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:45 pm

GONYK wrote:
Meat wrote:
GONYK wrote:

i hate to say it cuz i dont love him, but if you wanna keep the core together maybe murray if atl breaks it up
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#135 » by GONYK » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:53 pm

Meat wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Meat wrote:he'll be here as well, he can be tertiary

i hate to say it cuz i dont love him, but if you wanna keep the core together maybe murray if atl breaks it up

If Murray was willing to fill criteria #2, I would take him. Based on all the noise that Rich Paul made around the deadline though, I have my doubts.

Return to New York Knicks