ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#121 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

Clyde_Style wrote:TO are tanking cupcakes these days so big whoop, but nonetheless the goodies are:

DEUCE is a beast

Mitch is back

Hartenstein is all the way back and looks frigging incredible out there

Bogie is finding his way and could be a key for us

My Precious!

Shake Milton, the man, the legend

And a Burks DNP....
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,623

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#122 » by Gravy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Wildcat wrote:Philly choked. Nurse is an awful coach.

He was gifted prime Kawhi and injury luck against the warriors and somehow that turned into he's a brilliant coach that won a championship all by himself.
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 980

Post#123 » by NowWHYcee7 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Nurse is an outstanding coach, let's not OD just because we are having a great year.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,533

Post#124 » by Wildcat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Gravy wrote:

He was gifted prime Kawhi and injury luck against the warriors and somehow that turned into he's a brilliant coach that won a championship all by himself.

I brought into it, too. I actually wanted to give him a look last season.

I do like him, but I watched him more this year than the previous. I don't get a sense that he's in control. The D in the last 1:30 was awful. I also like Kelly, but I don't know if he should be taking the last shot against their best defender, let along 2 last shots.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,533

Post#125 » by Wildcat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

NowWHYcee7 wrote:Nurse is an outstanding coach, let's not OD just because we are having a great year.

This is not a comparison, it's an observation.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,870

Post#126 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our soon to be starting Center
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#127 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:Image

Some people should not grow beards

:beer: RIP mags
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,696

Post#128 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

Read on Twitter

traded away RJ, IQ, and Grimes only for Duece to emerge as our best young player! :o :o :o
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,658

Post#129 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Don't know who the player was, but that fall by the Raptor was damn scary

Ochai Agbaji. Came from the Jazz at deadline along with Olynyk. Right hip contusion they say, x-rays negative . But yes scary, coach Darko said it was scary because he couldn't move at first.

The way he was screaming. I couldn’t look,

Same here I don't want to watch the replay. I still can't look at the Joe Theismann/LT play.

But I think he landed very hard on his right hip/butt cheek. Painful bone bruise but nothing torn or broken. Hopefully that's all
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#130 » by ctorres » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Darko comes across as the kindest coach in the league
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#131 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

Gravy wrote:

No coach can win a chip by himself but Nurse deserves credit for that. Guys like Rivers have one too, and I think the key to that is that relationship management is key, especially when you’re dealing with the top stars (unless you’re Pop or Spo, in which case guys just shut up and listen).

You can’t be a complete rollover but you also can’t go too far in being strict, and you still have to be buddy buddy with them. Hell, Jason Kidd still keeps getting jobs based on that, I feel. He might not be the best coach, but how many coaches in this league are able to deal with Kyrie?

Anyway, that’s all to say, Nurse deserves credit. Managing Kawhi is not an easy task.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#132 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

Gravy wrote:

I think he's a good coach. His defense was great when he had Kawhi, Marc Gasol, and other great defenders, and with OG the year after the title. As the roster got worse his scrambling D gave up too many threes. Then he was off to a good start this year till Embiid went down.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#133 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm

ctorres wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Darko comes across as the kindest coach in the league

Yeah very nice sincere man. Well respected, seems like every game players from other teams giving him hugs. It will take at least another year to judge him as a head coach.

I thought the same as Darko, Mitch looked huge out there. Raptors missing the size of Poeltl now as well as 6'10 Jontay Porter.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,572

Post#134 » by Fat Kat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#135 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Ochai Agbaji. Came from the Jazz at deadline along with Olynyk. Right hip contusion they say, x-rays negative . But yes scary, coach Darko said it was scary because he couldn't move at first.

Same here I don't want to watch the replay. I still can't look at the Joe Theismann/LT play.

But I think he landed very hard on his right hip/butt cheek. Painful bone bruise but nothing torn or broken. Hopefully that's all

knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Post#136 » by knicks94 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

Wonder what it would take for Deuce to be the next Klay Thompson.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#137 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Oops
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#138 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I had a moment of weakness after the Precious trade. I had that fever!! I was not willing to wait and see a damn thing! I didn't want Deuce out of the rotation but I wanted another player off the bench with him. Burks was not it!!

He exploded in his role. It took a few games but, you could see him getting better every time he played. Always loved his defense and didn't doubt he would get his 3 ball to respectable levels but, I wasn't sure he would ever get the ability to run the offense, get to the rim or have such a decent pull up mid range. I see a little Brunsonesque style to his footwork and those mid range shots during this transformation. Is it just me?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#139 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

knicks94 wrote:Wonder what it would take for Deuce to be the next Klay Thompson.

Wonder who the next Deuce will be!!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,341

Post#140 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

knicks94 wrote:Wonder what it would take for Deuce to be the next Klay Thompson.

Maintain his numbers from the last five games or thereabouts
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks