ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,564

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#141 » by cgmw » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I had a moment of weakness after the Precious trade. I had that fever!! I was not willing to wait and see a damn thing! I didn't want Deuce out of the rotation but I wanted another player off the bench with him. Burks was not it!!

He exploded in his role. It took a few games but, you could see him getting better every time he played. Always loved his defense and didn't doubt he would get his 3 ball to respectable levels but, I wasn't sure he would ever get the ability to run the offense, get to the rim or have such a decent pull up mid range. I see a little Brunsonesque style to his footwork and those mid range shots during this transformation. Is it just me?

I remember it well. Felt like your calm big brother trying to tell you to calm the F down, give Deuce and Grimes a chance.

These stats are very reminiscent of when Thibs gave the starting nod to IQ down the stretch due to vet injuries.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,393

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#142 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Shame that OGs elbow going the way of Bernard King's knee
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,623

Post#143 » by Gravy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Wildcat wrote:Philly choked. Nurse is an awful coach.

He was gifted prime Kawhi and injury luck against the warriors and somehow that turned into he's a brilliant coach that won a championship all by himself.

I brought into it, too. I actually wanted to give him a look last season.

I do like him, but I watched him more this year than the previous. I don't get a sense that he's in control. The D in the last 1:30 was awful. I also like Kelly, but I don't know if he should be taking the last shot against their best defender, let along 2 last shots.

Nurse seems good, I think he got overrated for the championship run without taking into context some of the circumstances that helped him along the way.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#144 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

Man whatever happened to that Knicks lawsuit against the Raptors
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,624

Post#145 » by ScienceOfLosing » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Shame that OGs elbow going the way of Bernard King's knee

Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#146 » by Juco24 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:TO are tanking cupcakes these days so big whoop, but nonetheless the goodies are:

DEUCE is a beast

Mitch is back

Hartenstein is all the way back and looks frigging incredible out there

Bogie is finding his way and could be a key for us

My Precious!

Shake Milton, the man, the legend

If Bogie can find his shot... don't know what happened to him because he was dangerous. But if he can get going - it adds another element to the 2nd unit.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,975

Post#147 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Ochai Agbaji. Came from the Jazz at deadline along with Olynyk. Right hip contusion they say, x-rays negative . But yes scary, coach Darko said it was scary because he couldn't move at first.

The way he was screaming. I couldn’t look,

Same here I don't want to watch the replay. I still can't look at the Joe Theismann/LT play.

But I think he landed very hard on his right hip/butt cheek. Painful bone bruise but nothing torn or broken. Hopefully that's all

I thought for sure he broke or dislocated something. Was glad to hear “contusion” as the update in the broadcast.

Such a tough end of season for Toronto, who I believe we eliminated from postseason contention last night.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#148 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

cgmw wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I had a moment of weakness after the Precious trade. I had that fever!! I was not willing to wait and see a damn thing! I didn't want Deuce out of the rotation but I wanted another player off the bench with him. Burks was not it!!

He exploded in his role. It took a few games but, you could see him getting better every time he played. Always loved his defense and didn't doubt he would get his 3 ball to respectable levels but, I wasn't sure he would ever get the ability to run the offense, get to the rim or have such a decent pull up mid range. I see a little Brunsonesque style to his footwork and those mid range shots during this transformation. Is it just me?

I remember it well. Felt like your calm big brother trying to tell you to calm the F down, give Deuce and Grimes a chance.

These stats are very reminiscent of when Thibs gave the starting nod to IQ down the stretch due to vet injuries.

Yeah man. You talked me off the ledge. :lol: I knew I was wrong too but, that trade fever can blind a fella! I just wanted to win every game ever immediately! :rofl:
:beer: RIP mags
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,447

Post#149 » by robillionaire » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Juco24 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:TO are tanking cupcakes these days so big whoop, but nonetheless the goodies are:

DEUCE is a beast

Mitch is back

Hartenstein is all the way back and looks frigging incredible out there

Bogie is finding his way and could be a key for us

My Precious!

Shake Milton, the man, the legend

If Bogie can find his shot... don't know what happened to him because he was dangerous. But if he can get going - it adds another element to the 2nd unit.

His shooting seems good to me. I believe in his shooting. The problem is that he is worse than I imagined on defense, very slow, and a walking turnover. He kinda reminds me of final season Peja Stojakovic at age 33. He won a championship with Dallas in 2011 and was still a lights out shooter 42% from 3 his last season but they still had to completely bench him in the NBA finals because he was such a liability in other areas and then he retired. If we get far in the playoffs like 2nd round or conference finals I wouldn’t be surprised if Thibs has to shut Bojan down. Oh and at 34 Bojan is older than Peja was
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#150 » by Juco24 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

3toheadmelo wrote:RealMD wrong once again :lol: people was out here going ham against Thibs last night and calling him to get fired. Awful takes!

:nonono:
Melo ruining OG's career for his C's is some of his nastiest work.

Dude his elbow is just a little swollen from cortisone injections!!!!!

RealMD strikes again!!!!

BE BETTER GUAN0

Yeah... it looked more like a cortisone flare. If it had been something more serious, the MRI would have saw it
joec32033
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#151 » by joec32033 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

knicks94 wrote:Wonder what it would take for Deuce to be the next Klay Thompson.

4 more inches.
~You can't run from who you are~
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#153 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

joec32033 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Wonder what it would take for Deuce to be the next Klay Thompson.

4 more inches.

:beer: RIP mags
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#154 » by Meat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

nah he been having pointy ass elbows
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,488

Post#155 » by RHODEY » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

an extra 6 inches in height.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,661

Post#156 » by oldshoolballer » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

traded away RJ, IQ, and Grimes only for Duece to emerge as our best young player! :o :o :o

Those are near All Star numbers. Huge props to the young man for all the hard work to improve his game. And yes Thibs deserves props as well.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#157 » by j4remi » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:It felt like the Raptors were measuring their Dick last night, and although Dick was massive in the beginning, it felt like playing Raptors were playing with Dick alone and they were left unsatisfied in the end.

Honestly, if the Raptors had two or three more Dicks, maybe they coulda kept things close.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#158 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

joec32033 wrote:

4 more inches.

This is so on brand :lol:

Last night's game thread was amazing
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#159 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

j4remi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:It felt like the Raptors were measuring their Dick last night, and although Dick was massive in the beginning, it felt like playing Raptors were playing with Dick alone and they were left unsatisfied in the end.

Honestly, if the Raptors had two or three more Dicks, maybe they coulda kept things close.

For real. A whole bag of Dicks would have cut the lead to 19.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#160 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

Also, Bojan finally made me not look crazy for supporting the trade. At least for one night :lol:

Return to New York Knicks