ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,011

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#201 » by cgf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

There's only so much left side :dontknow:

No clue what happened with Grimes but apparently he sucks now.

Grimes was playing better for us before he got hurt. I'm sure he'll be back to the level we expect of him next season and look like a more natural fit next to Cade & Ivey than they are next to one another.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,070

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#202 » by GONYK » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm

If the team was ever willing to bring RJ off the bench, both he and IQ would probably still be Knicks and both players would have been better off here.

But then we wouldn't have had the emergence of Deuce and Donte and we wouldn't have OG.

So in short, we would have been more expensive with a lower overall ceiling.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,774

Post#203 » by aggo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

bc rj is neither a natural shooter or passer or defender, he requires the coaching attention level that you'd give a #1 player in order to succeed.

we couldn't do that here because we spend our time drawing plays and devising strategies around brunson and randle.

in toronto they have the capability to give rj more attention to MAKE sure he succeeds because their team sucks and they themselves are trying to figure out what rj and iq can be long term.

we already figured it out because he's not a natural shooter, passer, or defender.

rj is only 22, or 23, whatever it is. he had 4 seasons to become a deadly corner shooter and I am 100.00% positive that if he was a 40% corner 3 shooter at volume he would still be on the team.

but we have years of tracking data at practice and in game which suggests he isnt.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,566

Post#204 » by Fat Kat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,207

Post#205 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not a huge fan that he added "of course" in there.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#206 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm

I remember Drose always giving Duece props even when he was buried deep on the bench as a rookie. Rose saw that hooper he’d become in practice
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,774

Post#207 » by aggo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully Burks will come back and give McBride some minutes to rest
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,011

Post#208 » by cgf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm

OG & Ju are just making sure they're ready for that Chicago trip...please...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,625

Post#209 » by ScienceOfLosing » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

RHODEY wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Wonder what it would take for Deuce to be the next Klay Thompson.

an extra 6 inches in height.

They both have a 6‘9“ wingspan. (Ok, Deuce a quarter inch less.)
Thompson has around 4“ more standing reach.
Deuce got that leverage and build.
Yea Klay has the height defensively, which is important but I‘m curious to see how much Deuce can close the gap.

And wait till Deuce plays w Jokabitis next year. Fun fun w a PG.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#210 » by KnicksGod » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

Dick dribbles, penetrates and splashes.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,625

Post#211 » by ScienceOfLosing » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Shame that OGs elbow going the way of Bernard King's knee

This will be my new avatar

Special moments.This is how memories are made.

First I made me laugh.
Then you made me laugh.
Now I just laugh.
A tear…

(Just do it gif)
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,488

Post#212 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Wonder what it would take for Deuce to be the next Klay Thompson.

an extra 6 inches in height.

They both have a 6‘9“ wingspan. (Ok, Deuce a quarter inch less.)
Thompson has around 4“ more standing reach.
Deuce got that leverage and build.
Yea Klay has the height defensively, which is important but I‘m curious to see how much Deuce can close the gap.

And wait till Deuce plays w Jokabitis next year. Fun fun w a PG.

If he stays just like this its more than anyone could ask. The 3 looks automatic. Like it did in the G league... I always said he just needed reps , but to see it manifest in the NBA is just amazing.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#213 » by KnicksGod » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:16 am

Kampuchea wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Some players simply can't be developed into good players.

Cam Reddish or Obi Toppin had issues of their own that no amount of coaching could fix.

Just like Spo couldn't turn Beasley and Kerr couldn't turn Wiseman into reliable rotation players. They're two of the great coaches of the modern era.

The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

He was much more patient with the likes of IQ and McBride and it paid huge dividends. Mitch also reached another level as a defender under Thibs.

But of course Thibs is merely a mediocre mind and the game of basketball would be blessed to have some Realgm posters coach the game and take it to another level. Everybody's stupid but them. They have it all figured out.

The thing that stunted RJ was less about coaching and more about teammates. RJ can’t be the focus with Brunson and Randle being better players, plus RJ plays better on an offense without legit centers in the paint.

If Randle was injured before the trade maybe RJ would have increased his value a bit.

CB wriggling out of his RJ assessment.

What big things did IQ accomplish
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,394

Post#214 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 am

aggo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully Burks will come back and give McBride some minutes to rest

Actually, hopefully not
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,331

Post#215 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

KnicksGod wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Some players simply can't be developed into good players.

Cam Reddish or Obi Toppin had issues of their own that no amount of coaching could fix.

Just like Spo couldn't turn Beasley and Kerr couldn't turn Wiseman into reliable rotation players. They're two of the great coaches of the modern era.

The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

He was much more patient with the likes of IQ and McBride and it paid huge dividends. Mitch also reached another level as a defender under Thibs.

But of course Thibs is merely a mediocre mind and the game of basketball would be blessed to have some Realgm posters coach the game and take it to another level. Everybody's stupid but them. They have it all figured out.

The thing that stunted RJ was less about coaching and more about teammates. RJ can’t be the focus with Brunson and Randle being better players, plus RJ plays better on an offense without legit centers in the paint.

If Randle was injured before the trade maybe RJ would have increased his value a bit.

He would roast me for being high on Deuce too... The tables have turned!
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,902

Post#216 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

If it was legal and no other *big deals* were available this summer would you trade Deuce and Bogs for IQ?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#217 » by KnicksGod » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

If it was legal and no other *big deals* were available this summer would you trade Deuce and Bogs for IQ?

Under no circumstance.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,338

Post#218 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

j4remi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:It felt like the Raptors were measuring their Dick last night, and although Dick was massive in the beginning, it felt like playing Raptors were playing with Dick alone and they were left unsatisfied in the end.

Honestly, if the Raptors had two or three more Dicks, maybe they coulda kept things close.

That would give TO a multi-pronged offense
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#219 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 am

Capn'O wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

There's only so much left side :dontknow:

No clue what happened with Grimes but apparently he sucks now.

Grimes crumbled under the weight of my expectations for him.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#220 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:

:nonono:
Melo ruining OG's career for his C's is some of his nastiest work.

Dude his elbow is just a little swollen from cortisone injections!!!!!

RealMD strikes again!!!!

BE BETTER GUAN0

We need to get OG to that tiktok shaman

Tf?
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks