ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Knicks at San Antonio Spurs at 8:00pm on Friday, 3/29/24 - Wemby vs the Best Center Duo in the NBA!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Re: New York Knicks at San Antonio Spurs at 8:00pm on Friday, 3/29/24 - Wemby vs the Best Center Duo in the NBA! 

Post#21 » by aggo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm

get the w tonight.

so I can collect on the over for win total this year

thx.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,005

Re: New York Knicks at San Antonio Spurs at 8:00pm on Friday, 3/29/24 - Wemby vs the Best Center Duo in the NBA! 

Post#22 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

this pic is from when clyde was rapping with whodini

Friends
How many of us have them
Friends
Ones we can depend on

Friends is a word we use everyday
Sometimes we use it in the wrong way
We like to be with some because they're funny
Other come around when they need some money

"the freaks come out at night, mike."
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#23 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
this pic is from when clyde was rapping with whodini

Friends
How many of us have them
Friends
Ones we can depend on

Friends is a word we use everyday
Sometimes we use it in the wrong way
We like to be with some because they're funny
Other come around when they need some money

"the freaks come out at night, mike."

To be young again!!!
:beer: RIP mags
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,462

Post#24 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 pm

Bless Clyde and please keep him healthy!

Curious to see Wemby play. I don't catch Spurs games and I wasn't that impressed with him in our first game so let's see how much the kid has improved. I have seen the highlights and yes he is a freak and his future is bright but I don't think he's going to be Duncan.

When is Randle coming back? It usually takes him 10 games to get right after an injury.
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#25 » by Kidknick! » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:28 pm

Another blowout. This team has figured out winning consistently. Gonna be a good night.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,414

Post#26 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Bless Clyde and please keep him healthy!

Curious to see Wemby play. I don't catch Spurs games and I wasn't that impressed with him in our first game so let's see how much the kid has improved. I have seen the highlights and yes he is a freak and his future is bright but I don't think he's going to be Duncan.

When is Randle coming back? It usually takes him 10 games to get right after an injury.

All those layups the Knicks have been getting with backdoor cuts vs bad defensive teams? That isn't happening tonight.

Hopefully they'll still shoot the 3s well or it's going to be a long night.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,459

Post#27 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 pm

He was playing PF when he played us, he started putting up video game numbers when they switched him to C and took Collins off the floor.

I've watched a lot of his games, and as long as he remains healthy teams have about 3 years to win their titles, once he gains weight and gets stronger it's over. You have to understand that the only thing stopping him right now is that he's weak because he's young, teams can defend him with PFs and wings because he can't back them down yet. Once that changes he's basically Giannis of Centers, where he's much taller than the average guy at his position while being more athletic than them, except he has a handle and jumper unlike Giannis. Once you remove the option to defend him with wings and 4s it's going to be a nightmare to defend him and the Spurs, they're 2-3 years away from that though.

The Kristaps comparisons were way off, he is to Kristaps what KD was to Rashard Lewis.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,430

Post#28 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:41 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He was playing PF when he played us, he started putting up video game numbers when they switched him to C and took Collins off the floor.

I've watched a lot of his games, and as long as he remains healthy teams have about 3 years to win their titles, once he gains weight and gets stronger it's over. You have to understand that the only thing stopping him right now is that he's weak because he's young, teams can defend him with PFs and wings because he can't back them down yet. Once that changes he's basically Giannis of Centers, where he's much taller than the average guy at his position while being more athletic than them, except he has a handle and jumper unlike Giannis. Once you remove the option to defend him with wings and 4s it's going to be a nightmare to defend him and the Spurs, they're 2-3 years away from that though.

The Kristaps comparisons were way off, he is to Kristaps what KD was to Rashard Lewis.

He's stupid good and the Spurs have a lot of resources to build their team. Lucky ducks, as usual.

I'd consider "best player ever" as a likely outcome for him. Ridiculous.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#29 » by sol537 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:48 pm

NBA is in good hands with Wemby, Jokic, Luka, and... Brunson =)
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,459

Post#30 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 pm

Capn'O wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He's stupid good and the Spurs have a lot of resources to build their team. Lucky ducks, as usual.

I don't know if he'll have the longevity to reach best player ever, but his prime as a player is going to be like nothing we've seen before. I also think in 2-3 years if you have a center that can't shoot you're dead meat against the Spurs, for now you can just muscle him out the way, when that changes and he's at least as strong as Gobert you will have no way of getting consistent good shots off in the paint. His on/off defensive numbers are stupid, they go from a top 5 defense with him on the floor to a bottom 5 one when he's off, and that's a skinny rookie.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#31 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I don't know if he'll have the longevity to reach best player ever, but his prime as a player is going to be like nothing we've seen before. I also think in 2-3 years if you have a center that can't shoot you're dead meat against the Spurs, for now you can just muscle him out the way, when that changes and he's at least as strong as Gobert you will have no way of getting consistent good shots off in the paint. His on/off defensive numbers are stupid, they go from a top 5 defense with him on the floor to a bottom 5 one when he's off, and that's a skinny rookie.

Longevity doesn't do much for me. But, yeah, the injury concerns are obviously the big question. He and Zion are both guys whose bodies break the mold what of you're supposed to be able to do.
BAF Clippers

TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Post#32 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 pm

Via StatMuse:

The Knicks are 15-11 since the Miami game where OG and Randle got hurt.

In that span, they are 14-5 when Brunson and Hartenstein are able to play. This includes the 3 wins with OG back, but doesn't include the Cleveland game when Brunson played under a minute (Isaiah played though).

Basically, like many advanced stats say, Jalen and Isaiah are our best players. Yes, Isaiah is ahead of Julius and OG. If his achilles didnt flare up and miss games we wouldn’t have lost as much in February.

Now we got Mitch back too.

Our center Double Dragon has returned. Terror awaits.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,467

Post#33 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:38 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Via StatMuse:

In that span, they are 14-5 when Brunson and Hartenstein are able to play. This includes the 3 wins with OG back, but doesn't include the Cleveland game when Brunson played under a minute (Isaiah played though).

Basically, like many advanced stats say, Jalen and Isaiah are our best players. Yes, Isaiah is ahead of Julius and OG. If his achilles didnt flare up and miss games we wouldn’t have lost as much in February.

He was phenomenal the other night. When healthy, he is everywhere on the court. He's a smart big man with a nose for the ball.
ImageImageImage
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,167

Post#34 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:52 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

He was phenomenal the other night. When healthy, he is everywhere on the court. He's a smart big man with a nose for the ball.

Yeah Im just letting everyone know that we have ourselves a 25 year old 7 foot center with good athleticism who is an elite defender, passer, and rebounder. He can hit free throws, floaters, catch lobs, and has some basic post moves/hooks. Also just seems like a top shelf energy/locker room guy.

All the advanced stats rank Isaiah as one of the league’s best players, not just on our team. When healthy he absolutely is. Dude is still being slept on, even by our fans, because he’s new to starting and doesnt score a lot, but that’s changing.

He’s being more aggressive lately. If he shot more he’d easily be able to average double digits, as he only takes 5 damn shots a game. His free throws look solid enough to take a couple jumpers here and there. I have no doubt that will come at some point. Gotta keep and develop the man further.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,276

Post#35 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 pm

Cavs playing Sixers tonight, Magic playing Clippers.

Think Mitchell is trying to come back to save the day
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#36 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Yeah Im just letting everyone know that we have ourselves a 25 year old 7 foot center with good athleticism who is an elite defender, passer, and rebounder. He can hit free throws, floaters, and has some basic post moves/hooks. Also just seems like a top shelf energy/locker room guy.

All the advanced stats rank Isaiah as one of the league’s best players, not just on our team. When healthy he absolutely is. Dude is still being slept on, even by our fans, because he’s new to starting and doesnt score a lot, but that’s changing.

He’s being more aggressive lately. If he shot more he’d easily be able to average double digits, as he only takes 5 damn shots a game. His free throws look solid enough to take a couple jumpers here and there. I have no doubt that will come at some point. Gotta keep and develop the man further.

If it comes down to Mitch or Isaiah I'd have to choose iHart. He is already one of the best centers in the league. I'd love it if we have both, but I'd want Mitch off the bench then. I like being able to put Mitch against big frontlines or when we need to seal the paint against teams that are getting inside on us.

But Isaiah is integral to our offense now. Most plays have him touch the ball because he is capable of scoring or passing and setting the screen on the handoff. Lots of us have been craving good PnR ball for years and now it is happening with him. Guys are finding him on the roll as they are getting used to each other and you can see how difficult it will be to defend us if teams have to keep the paint loaded to prevent him from getting those easy PnR points.

One of the things I said when we got him was he makes Bill Walton type passes. He got slept on because he needed to heal up the first half season after he got here, but then he started to ramp up and become the guy we see now. His passing is a weapon for us. He gets a fair amount of hockey assists that don't show up on the stat sheet because lots of plays go through him at the top of the key. This is by design.

Thibs has to love him for all of the reasons you say and because it gives him the play action he got from having Noah when the Bulls were good. Remember when Phil wanted to build a "Triangle" team? He needed a young iHart, not a broken down, disrespectful party whore like Noah.
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#37 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Loss

Don't be silly. We're about to smoke 'em.
BAF Clippers

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#38 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Loss

Don't be silly. We're about to smoke 'em.

You're responding to BuzzGPT, the world's most negative bot.
ImageImageImage
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#39 » by sol537 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 pm

Bogs has only played well in two games so far… the Raptors blow out and the Sixers blow out.

In both games, he was put in the corner or elbow three point line and just asked to catch and shoot. Not pick and rolls, no creation. Just catch and shoot. If we limit his role to exactly that, he can be a weapon and retain some of his value for a trade inclusion.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,983

Post#40 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

All those layups the Knicks have been getting with backdoor cuts vs bad defensive teams? That isn't happening tonight.

Hopefully they'll still shoot the 3s well or it's going to be a long night.

Brunson is going to have to use his gravity tonight to make plays when Wemby over helps.

I hope his floater game is on point tonight :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to New York Knicks