ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,464

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#141 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:06 am

mpharris36 wrote:interesting debate

would you rather a #2 or #3 seed and potentially face Miami or the Sixers (with Embiid back). in the 1st round

or the #4 seed and Orlando or Indy in the first round?

I know that means Boston likely in the 2nd round if we advance. But I feel like Miami/Philly (with embiid back) are much worse matchup then the younger up start teams where I think we can physical them to death.

I'd rather the 2, having homecourt in the first two rounds would mean we make the ECF. I don't think there's anything to fear with the Heat as long as OG is back, mainly because he would be able to limit Butler, their offense sucks badly and so does their POA defense. The Sixers are done too, there's not enough time left in the season for Embiid to come back and be the guy he was 2 months ago.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,174

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#142 » by HerSports85 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:09 am

With our schedule, we really needed this one. 9 games remaining. I think we go 4-5
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,550

Post#143 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:21 am

Wildcat wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:I don’t think we can rely on Mitch. But I wonder if teams would even take a shot at him with the injuries

We had no business being close — Jalen put the team on his back

7 offense rebounds in 19 minutes. I think he's going to thrive as a bench player. His hands still suck, but much of his misses were honestly timing things he'll get back. Wemby is a tough match up for anyone.

Wemby really is the worst matchup. One of the few bigs with greater length, greater mobility , and 3 point range.

To the haters .... let judge Mitch on his 2nd game back after missing 50 games against the unicorn of all unicorns. And lets pretend he wasn't all defense team material, offensive rebounding, man among boys, dunking everything in sight before he got hurt .

Silver lining. Brunson continues to evolve. The scoring is looking even more effortless. Tell me which disgruntled Blue Chipper wouldn't want him as a running mate?
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,132

Post#144 » by stuporman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:24 am

Congrats to Donte on the made 3s in a season record, kinda overshadowed by the game but it's great he owns it now.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,985

Post#145 » by knicks94 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:24 am

The league will continue to bow down to coach Popovich until he is well into his 90's.
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 514

Post#146 » by NiceLikeChrist » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:30 am

Such a bad look for the league. It’s gonna be years and years if this too. They already treat him like this in his rookie season. I counted 3 times Wemby literally just fell over from marginal contact fighting for position and it’s a foul on iHart. He’s frail and falls over constantly and gets rewarded for it.

Brunson got 16 FTA that one game they gave him the Shai whistle then it’s back to letting other teams clobber him all game long and getting away with it.

Pop complaining so much he should’ve been ejected or T’d up at the very least but nothing. Spurs players barking at refs too when they started losing control when they’ve been the ones getting pulled through the mud by refs all night. Jalen was putting up 40+ actual shots to claw us back.

And on top of all the favoritism and garbage officiating all the bums on spurs magically become 50% 3 ballers for one night. Back to being trash the next game. Way too many things went wrong tonight.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,719

Post#147 » by mpharris36 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:35 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

would you rather a #2 or #3 seed and potentially face Miami or the Sixers (with Embiid back). in the 1st round

I know that means Boston likely in the 2nd round if we advance. But I feel like Miami/Philly (with embiid back) are much worse matchup then the younger up start teams where I think we can physical them to death.

I'd rather the 2, having homecourt in the first two rounds would mean we make the ECF. I don't think there's anything to fear with the Heat as long as OG is back, mainly because he would be able to limit Butler, their offense sucks badly and so does their POA defense. The Sixers are done too, there's not enough time left in the season for Embiid to come back and be the guy he was 2 months ago.

I'm not really worried about homecourt

we beat cavs without home court last year and we lost to miami with home court.

I'm not saying you are wrong but I think the 1st round playoff matchup will be important especially if guys like OG and Randle don't get many games in before the playoffs start...until they get into the flow the 1st round could be a tough matchup until they get there footing under them.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,964

Post#148 » by GettinitDone » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:38 am

Didn't watch the 2nd half but this was a bad bad loss

I know the Spurs are rolling recently, they're excited Wemby is finally fully unleashed as no 1 option and they've won 2 straight coming to this game. Bad defense, but they passed extremely well, do we struggle against good passing teams? We dropped to 4th again... should have capitalised.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,481

Post#149 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:41 am

Spurs 32 Free Throws

Knicks 12 Free Throws

How can anyone see that stat and not think the game was rigged?
ImageImageImage
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,445

Post#150 » by drekwins » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:53 am

Brunson was +20 in 43 minutes… and we lost by 4? That’s mind-blowing.

I didn’t have a chance to watch the game but wow. Can’t wait to throw up when I watch it tomorrow afternoon.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#151 » by sol537 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:55 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Spurs 32 Free Throws

Knicks 12 Free Throws

Why would the nba rig such a meaningless game that wasn’t even on national TV?

Outside of the Nova three, we played like crap collectively. Soft on defense and perhaps too reliant on Brunson on offense. We didn’t deserve to win.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#152 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:59 am

sol537 wrote:

Knicks 12 Free Throws

Outside of the Nova three, we played like crap collectively. Soft on defense and perhaps too reliant on Brunson on offense. We didn’t deserve to win.

you entirely missed the point

being off national TV is exactly the kind of game you'd fix
ImageImageImage
Spandau
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 372

Post#153 » by Spandau » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:01 am

drekwins wrote:Brunson was +20 in 43 minutes… and we lost by 4? That’s mind-blowing.

I didn’t have a chance to watch the game but wow. Can’t wait to throw up when I watch it tomorrow afternoon.

This is key. Don’t let this loss diminish the fact that Jalen entered a dogfight and was a beaten and bruised soldier. Truly a leader and a lion, and I’ve never had more fun watching a Knick (no offense, Big Pat).

It wasn’t just that he scored 61: he was uniquely Jalen Brunson. He was smart and crafty and only had, what, one turnover? It was a beautiful performance.

But what in the hell do you do about Victor? Bad matchup, a truly outrageous talent and someone we will be dealing with for the remainder of Jalen’s career. I think we will adapt, but throwing a hobbled Mitch at him was not enough, though I respect iHart’s effort.

The free throw thing is hard to ignore. Those superstar calls clearly went one way tonight, and that made this game so hard to watch at times. I can’t blame an OT loss just on that, and I won’t, but it’s a big reason I miss Julius: he got in his bag and became our guy who got those calls. We don’t have that right now, and it makes games like tonight REALLY hard to compete in.

Sad about the result, but I’ll never forget the performance. Jalen was +20 on an unreal performance. Don’t forget it. We won’t think about the L in two weeks or ten years or 30 years, but we’ll remember watching this soldier fight like few Knicks ever have.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,675

Post#154 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:34 am

drekwins wrote:Brunson was +20 in 43 minutes… and we lost by 4? That’s mind-blowing.

Mind-blowindanovic
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,399

Post#155 » by Najeem27 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:35 am

Mitch has so much potential but it’s a shame the Knicks staff doesn’t work on his weakness!!! Take advantage of his size ffs

Fix his hand eye coordination
Grab the board like a man with two hands
Dunks instead of layups
Stand ur ground in the paint instead of diving
Don’t bring the ball down and go straight back up
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,567

Post#156 » by The KnicksFix » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:36 am

Mitch is garbage. Never presses up on switches on the perimeter. Never presses up. Moves so slow. Just horrendous to watch. If we had ihart in the OT we win. Mitch is useless on the perimeter
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#157 » by sol537 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:39 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
sol537 wrote:

Knicks 12 Free Throws

What does anyone gain by fixing it for the spurs over the Knicks? Pretty meaningless game.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#158 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:41 am

mpharris36 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I'm not really worried about homecourt

we beat cavs without home court last year and we lost to miami with home court.

I'm not saying you are wrong but I think the 1st round playoff matchup will be important especially if guys like OG and Randle don't get many games in before the playoffs start...until they get into the flow the 1st round could be a tough matchup until they get there footing under them.

The Cavs didn't have any experience outside of Mitchell, on the flipside the Heat had a lot more playoff experience than us and it still went 6. I think with homecourt we win whether we're 2 or 3, and ECF is a lot more attainable than if we have to play Boston in the second round. You want them to have to go through a fight with the Heat. We can win a physical battle against the Heat if we're whole, we really need OG for them, but limiting Jimmy would be all we'd need, if he's not playing like budget Jordan they're not winning.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#159 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:45 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
sol537 wrote:

Knicks 12 Free Throws

Outside of Jalen we don't have anyone else that puts any kind of pressure on the rim, usually we get some freethrows off second chances but everyone is afraid to challenge Victor when they get an offensive board, what's normally a strong putback attempt becomes a couple pump fakes and passes out. I think Victor had something to do with our lack of freethrows, also the Spurs pass a lot and attack rotating closeouts, where as we just iso with 1 guy right now.

Also, our centers make it really easy for him to defend the paint, since neither really poses a threat outside the paint. At least IHart can make passes, but Wemby was in drop just waiting for anyone coming off his screens.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#160 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:52 am

sol537 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
sol537 wrote:

What does anyone gain by fixing it for the spurs over the Knicks? Pretty meaningless game.

No game is meaningless when it comes to betting and getting a piece of the action. The league is dirty and getting worse. A disparity of 32 to 12 is absurd.
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks