ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RealGM
And1: 39,218

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#81 » by 2010 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 am

Some underrated ref moments that cost us the game:

• Pop earned a tech in the 4th after the Keldon flagrant elbow, and they gave him mad rope and never called it. We hit that tech FT and that could mean no OT

• Late in the 4th Brunson hit a layup where Jones clearly fouled him. No whistle, hence no and-1. If that play is called correctly then we likely win in regulation

• The jumpball violation call on Mitch was complete b.s.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,413

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#82 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:We will fall to 5/6 in about a week.

Goodbye 2nd, hello 5th.

How many points do OKC destroy the Knicks by?

I'll say 30
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,928

Post#83 » by Im Coming Home » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 am

Wildcat wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
oldshoolballer wrote:Did Thibs stupidity just get Mitch reinjured?

No, iHart fouled out so Mitch came in. Mitch just jumped, came down normal, and started limping... non-contact for the most part. Not good.

Probably a stinger. They would yanked him if it was more. Also think it was is right leg (surgery on left ankle).

"They" you mean the "They" that sent him back out in the 2nd half with a broken ankle in the beginning of the season?
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,767

Post#84 » by omerome » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 am

Gravy wrote:What was that jump ball violation. Looks like the both jumped at the same time

It was a stupid stupid call. At the very least, have them jump it again.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,421

Post#85 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 am

Like, we were missing bunnies all night because players were terrified of getting stuffed by Wemby. Just rushing everything to try and get the ball up before he got position. He's already at Ben Wallace level intimidation and he's only gonna get much better.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,458

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#86 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:12 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:mitchell robinson

He really sustained an injury just landing, we gotta trade him this offseason, there's no way we can have another season of him missing 50 games just cause he can't land without his whole foot exploding.

and even before his injury he just looked extremely slow and now he cant get up for lobs. he gets cooked when he tries to defend in space too. the guy is playing like he's 40 years old now. there's no way anyone is going to seriously argue he should be starting from how he looks. i rather play precious as our backup

His hands are awful too, like what are we doing here? Some people didn't want KP over the summer cause he's injury prone, yet they stand by and watch as this man has missed 81 games the last two seasons, and just got hurt simply landing on the ground. I could see if this were some Embiid level player where you just gotta take the injuries cause everything else is so overwhelming, but we've past the point of this just being freak occurrences with his injuries and it should be obvious his ankle/feet can't handle the weight he's put on.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#87 » by 2010 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:12 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:
2010 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

They wanted the win and not another OT.

I would play to extend the game and bet on the young inexperienced team finding a way to beat themselves. You can’t settle for a bad shot just cuz you want to get it over with. That’s not winning basketball. You gotta dig down deep and get your third wind and just make the right basketball play.

Rule of thumb has always been to tie at home, go for the win when you're on the road. Didn't have a problem with Brunson trying to end it.

I would like a replay and a different angle of that 3 by Brunson though. It seemed like there was a slight graze from the defender on his forearm. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, I know. And that was pretty much a de facto home game for us.

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,567

Post#88 » by The KnicksFix » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:12 am

Mitch is a bum to watch. Big. Goofy. Always injured. Comes back out of shape only to get reinjured. Trade him for picks.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#89 » by Wildcat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:12 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:No, iHart fouled out so Mitch came in. Mitch just jumped, came down normal, and started limping... non-contact for the most part. Not good.

Probably a stinger. They would yanked him if it was more. Also think it was is right leg (surgery on left ankle).

"They" you mean the "They" that sent him back out in the 2nd half with a broken ankle in the beginning of the season?

Yes, they. Not everything is a neferious plot.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,421

Post#90 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:12 am

2010 wrote:Some underrated ref moments that cost us the game:

• Pop earned a tech in the 4th after the Keldon flagrant elbow, and they gave him mad rope and never called it. We hit that tech FT and that could mean no OT

• Late in the 4th Brunson hit a layup where Jones clearly fouled him. No whistle, hence no and-1. If that play is called correctly then we likely win in regulation

• The jumpball violation call on Mitch was complete b.s.

Dominating performance.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,476

Post#91 » by robillionaire » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:13 am

Game ended when Hartenstein was phantom fouled out of the game. He was a +10 Mitch was a -10. Sham doesn’t want you to know this
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#92 » by Wildcat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:13 am

Capn'O wrote:Like, we were missing bunnies all night because players were terrified of getting stuffed by Wemby. Just rushing everything to try and get the ball up before he got position. He's already at Ben Wallace level intimidation and he's only gonna get much better.

This. This pissed me off.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,458

Post#93 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:14 am

2010 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
2010 wrote:Also, I don’t understand that last 3 by Brunson. We didn’t need to go for 3 there. You go to the rim where you can tie the game on a FG or FT’s, or win it on an and-1. That 3 was a bad shot. We were fortunate to still get the OREB but then they threw it away tryna pass to Divo.

They wanted the win and not another OT.

I would play to extend the game and bet on the young inexperienced team finding a way to beat themselves. You can’t settle for a bad shot just cuz you want to get it over with. That’s not winning basketball. You gotta dig down deep and get your third wind and just make the right basketball play.

The minutes were adding up and I don't think they wanted Mitch playing more than 1 OT, and if you have to put Sims in the game is over anyway.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,691

Post#94 » by oldshoolballer » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:15 am

Even with the refs cheating losing to the Spurs is pretty awful.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,654

Post#95 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:16 am

I don’t think we can rely on Mitch. But I wonder if teams would even take a shot at him with the injuries

We had no business being close — Jalen put the team on his back
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,981

Post#96 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:16 am

omerome wrote:That jump ball violation was a call from the league office to give the Spurs the game.

If anything, you jump the ball again. That was really bad
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,654

Post#97 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:17 am

robillionaire wrote:Game ended when Hartenstein was phantom fouled out of the game. He was a +10 Mitch was a -10. Sham doesn’t want you to know this

Thibs could have challenged that
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,683

Post#98 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:18 am

Deuce could have won it at end of regulation darn it
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,765

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#99 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:18 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He really sustained an injury just landing, we gotta trade him this offseason, there's no way we can have another season of him missing 50 games just cause he can't land without his whole foot exploding.

and even before his injury he just looked extremely slow and now he cant get up for lobs. he gets cooked when he tries to defend in space too. the guy is playing like he's 40 years old now. there's no way anyone is going to seriously argue he should be starting from how he looks. i rather play precious as our backup

His hands are awful too, like what are we doing here? Some people didn't want KP over the summer cause he's injury prone, yet they stand by and watch as this man has missed 81 games the last two seasons, and just got hurt simply landing on the ground. I could see if this were some Embiid level player where you just gotta take the injuries cause everything else is so overwhelming, but we've past the point of this just being freak occurrences with his injuries and it should be obvious his ankle/feet can't handle the weight he's put on.

rookie mitch was a promising player. but he's been on the downhill since sham became his biggest fan. the sham plague is the worst since the bubonic plague.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,413

Post#100 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:18 am

god shammgod wrote:schedule about to get rougher

okc, heat, kings, bulls, bucks, bulls, celtics

Knicks about to go 1-5

Return to New York Knicks