ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,732

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#221 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

These people are paid to talk about basketball too. The advanced stats were screaming out that the guy was better than his season stats, and you didn't even need to use them since he showed out against the Jazz without Luka. It was painfully obvious that he would be a 20+ppg scorer with more touches and if his three point shot could improve he'd be a star, which it did. They are embarrassing and should neve talk about the NBA.

yeah, i didnt want brunson until i saw what he did in the playoffs without luka. i came on board with him since then. it seemed obvious he was going to be good for us. i was very vocal on the GB he was going to be good once we signed him and all the raptors fans got mad when i said i would easily take him over fred van felton. maybe i should bump that thread again.

I could understand people not wanting him before the playoffs, a lot of people thought he was a biproduct of Luka, but the stats were saying he was an iso scorer that got his own with or without Luka. Once he gave Donovan work and paid leave it should have squashed any doubts on what he was. The bare minimum was 20ppg scorer which was better than anything we've had, I thought he'd be good but he's exceeded even my expectations. I liked Fred, but Brunson is just a level above him, I think he's right at top 10 status and easily the best guard in the East.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,763

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#222 » by Buttah304 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:02 pm

Can someone explain this to me:

Knicks are dead last (30th) in PACE yet why does it appear our game speed is far too fast for Bojan? It’s not even like we’re elite at getting out in transition as we’re also 14th in that category.

So what type of system would be perfectly ideal for this fossil off the bench? We are top 6 in both left and right corner 3s (which you would think is a good fit for Bojan) and we’re top 10 in spot ups.

Right now he can’t attack closeouts because his feet have cement on them and his bread & butter pump fake looks like it needs WD40.

If this answer is simply that he’s old and somehow lost a step since putting on a Knicks jersey I guess I’ll accept that :banghead:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,732

Post#223 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:07 pm

Buttah304 wrote:Can someone explain this to me:

Knicks are dead last (30th) in PACE yet why does it appear our game speed is far too fast for Bojan? It’s not even like we’re elite at getting out in transition as we’re also 14th in that category.

So what type of system would be perfectly ideal for this fossil off the bench? We are top 6 in both left and right corner 3s (which you would think is a good fit for Bojan) and we’re top 10 in spot ups.

Right now he can’t attack closeouts because his feet have cement on them and his bread & butter pump fake looks like it needs WD40.

If this answer is simply that he’s old and somehow lost a step since putting on a Knicks jersey I guess I’ll accept that :banghead:

He's just not good off the bench, he was playing 33mpg with the Pistons and got into the flow of games with them, with us he plays 19mpg and is asked to score basically as soon as he gets on the floor. It's hard to go from starter to bench player and adjust to that role.

If they wanted a guy that scores off the bench they should have gone after Clarkson.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,276

Post#224 » by sol537 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:19 pm

Bogs had exactly two good games with us so far (Sixers and Raptors blow out wins)... he's been terrible the rest of the time.

In those two games, he was mainly just spotting up for corner or elbow three's. Not much playmaking, ballhandling or anything else. Also, he wasn't required to defend anyone of note. The blueprint for Bogs is for him to play with Brunson or Randle for stretches and just stand in the corner for kick outs. That's it. Anything more and he's likely to be completely useless.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,004

Post#225 » by robillionaire » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:28 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He's just not good off the bench, he was playing 33mpg with the Pistons and got into the flow of games with them, with us he plays 19mpg and is asked to score basically as soon as he gets on the floor. It's hard to go from starter to bench player and adjust to that role.

If they wanted a guy that scores off the bench they should have gone after Clarkson.

He was -251 starting on the pistons which I know they’re bad but it is the 2nd worst on their team this year behind Duren at -263. Also he racked up his -251 in a mere 28 games, Duren needed 56 games to get to his -263. Just to paint a picture of how deeply negative he was

Also, he’s a -70 here which is far and away the worst on the team

When did this man last contribute to winning basketball
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,598

Post#226 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:59 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He was -251 starting on the pistons which I know they’re bad but it is the 2nd worst on their team this year behind Duren at -263. Also he racked up his -251 in a mere 28 games, Duren needed 56 games to get to his -263. Just to paint a picture of how deeply negative he was

You look at impact metrics and his last 4-5 seasons are all in the red. He really is B0gdanier.

Leon made poor use of the Grimes asset. Oh well, it's in the past now.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#227 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:50 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

You look at impact metrics and his last 4-5 seasons are all in the red. He really is B0gdanier.

Leon made poor use of the Grimes asset. Oh well, it's in the past now.

Some of us got attacked for not liking the trade, because we immediately said that Bojan always had negative advanced impact stats.

Even when he was on winning teams like the Jazz and Pacers, he was hurting the team according to the numbers. Worse than Fournier (who was actually neutral for a few seasons on the Magic).

People just looked at Bojan’s shooting percentages and ppg to say he was good, but he isnt a positive even when he’s hitting shots because he doesnt do anything else well. When he’s off like he is now, he’s not even an NBA player.

Alec has been even worse too.

Grimes is TBD. Honestly the trade wasn’t good, but I doubt Grimes will be anything special. His trade value has probably plummeted anyway, and he’s injured, so taking a chance on Bojan and Alec made some sense.

Deuce is better than Grimes already, OG/Donte made him more irrelevant, and we can get another young 3/D wing again soon.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,536

Post#228 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:17 pm

Ma10 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Ma10 wrote:
And you're also a believer that Trump is still the president?

Excuse me! Excuse me! No politics!!!

Fake news!!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#229 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:21 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:This makes sense why sham hates ihart. He used to work for the nets. Also shows why he’s been rooting for nets these past couple of years. Wow.
Read on Twitter

Classless and scumbag behavior by Sean Marks, but not surprising. That whole organization is full of trash ppl that would try to sabotage a kid's career

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,184

Post#230 » by mpharris36 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:26 pm

OG ruled out again. This is starting to get ridiculous
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,804

Post#231 » by Im Coming Home » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:33 pm

mpharris36 wrote:OG ruled out again. This is starting to get ridiculous

Yeah at this point its worrisome.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#232 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:35 pm

Jay10 wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:It's these type of games that make me want to quit watching this league. How does a rookie get as many FT's as an entire team? How does a 6'2" guard shoot 47 times, has 30 points in the paint and only ends up with 6 FT's? The eye test doesn't lie either. Brunson got hit on his way to the basket multiple times. Twice in the OT by Vassell. Just plain biased officiating that makes you wonder if there is something else going on. Cause it just doesn't make sense!

Listen to the players when they say the NBA is a business.

This game not being nationally televised also gave the refs/league an out because everyone wasn't watching the game to call out the bad officiating, and because of that the refs/league knows people aren't going to go back and watch the full game but only the highlights.

How anyone can bet on NBA games when the refs have this much control over outcomes is wild.

NBA officials need to be scrutinized heavily now that the league is in bed with gambling operations. Including their broadcast partner, ESPN/Disney who is also now heavily invested in gambling.

The league is dirty. I believe it. Adam Silver was there when David Stern obstructed justice during the Donaghy investigation. But unless the feds start to find evidence of corruption, or actually want to, nothing will happen.

After Michael Porter's idiot brother got caught fixing prop bets, that should have been a huge red flag and the FBI needs to be up the league's ass. Notice how ESPN has been fairly quiet about what should be a massive scandal that puts the integrity of the league in doubt.

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,598

Post#233 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:37 pm

Brought him back too soon. It happened before with Grimes and other players. It's a recurring theme with this organization.

I don't expect OG to return this season frankly. Same with Randle.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#234 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:40 pm

This is concerning because if this was general soreness or inflammation you'd think they'd be able to manage that. Something is up.

I dunno. I wanna stay positive but OG and Randle look highly questionable for the playoffs. These are upper body injuries that severely impact their ability on offense.

Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,885

Post#235 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:49 pm

It's been said that OG missing an average of 1/4 of reg season games throughout his career is only the result of random freak accidents cuz he's healthy as an ox.

Sounds good....but what we do know is that OG is elite at missing games, regardless of the reason behind it.

Injury prone, accident prone, black magic hexed, slept with the grim reaper's wife....all roads lead to the same place: OG having a .27 TS% (true sitting percentage).

Knicks better keep that in mind when hammering out the details of his next contract.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,500

Post#236 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:54 pm

I think we all love OG here so what I say here doesn’t mean I’m hating or am out of line.

It’s clear that OG is just as injury prone as Mitchell Robinson. Maybe even moreso. He simply cannot be relied upon to play more than 60 games in a season.

But what’s more concerning with OG is that he has a history of sitting out even for small injuries. He sat out like a month for a dislocated finger last season and that’s about the time Nurse was begging him to play. My understanding from reading up about OG is that he just doesn’t like playing through any pain at all.

Look, not everyone is going to be like Brunson and Hartenstein and play with all these injuries but if you won’t play unless you’re 100% then that’s an issue. Because by the time the playoffs roll around nobody is 100%. So as much as I like OG I can’t help but start to feel like he’s going to earn a ‘soft Mr. Glass’ label soon if he doesn’t show some grit and durability.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,725

Post#237 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:23 pm

Shocking!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,725

Post#238 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:25 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:

I think we all love OG here so what I say here doesn’t mean I’m hating or am out of line.

It’s clear that OG is just as injury prone as Mitchell Robinson. Maybe even moreso. He simply cannot be relied upon to play more than 60 games in a season.

But what’s more concerning with OG is that he has a history of sitting out even for small injuries. He sat out like a month for a dislocated finger last season and that’s about the time Nurse was begging him to play. My understanding from reading up about OG is that he just doesn’t like playing through any pain at all.

Look, not everyone is going to be like Brunson and Hartenstein and play with all these injuries but if you won’t play unless you’re 100% then that’s an issue. Because by the time the playoffs roll around nobody is 100%. So as much as I like OG I can’t help but start to feel like he’s going to earn a ‘soft Mr. Glass’ label soon if he doesn’t show some grit and durability.

Knicks should move on from OG and get Mikal to fill that role. You know, a guy that actually plays
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,879

Post#239 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:50 am

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

In Utah?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,004

Post#240 » by robillionaire » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:53 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

In Utah?

Looks like he was fairly positive there. I guess father time showed up

Return to New York Knicks