ImageImageImageImageImage

Do you want Mikal Bridges?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Do you want Mikal Bridges?

YES
64%
NO
12%
MAYBE but not my first choice.
24%

Total votes: 105

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,192

Re: Do you want Mikal Bridges? 

Post#141 » by HerSports85 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:07 pm

BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,680

Post#142 » by nedleeds » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:16 pm

They don't have their own picks. Why is this even a thread? They owe the pick or swap rights on 24, 25, 26 and 27. Literally the only trading partner they can have is Houston to get their own picks back.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,734

Post#143 » by Fat Kat » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:22 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,436

Post#144 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:30 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,027

Post#145 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:54 pm

nedleeds wrote:They don't have their own picks. Why is this even a thread? They owe the pick or swap rights on 24, 25, 26 and 27. Literally the only trading partner they can have is Houston to get their own picks back.

They own Phoenix's picks for the next several years and Dallas' 2029 1st unprotected.

It's literally their only saving grace right now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#146 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

He doesn't want to be there and the fans hate him because they drank the Kool aid. None of this is surprising.

nedleeds
General Manager

Post#147 » by nedleeds » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
nedleeds wrote:They don't have their own picks. Why is this even a thread? They owe the pick or swap rights on 24, 25, 26 and 27. Literally the only trading partner they can have is Houston to get their own picks back.

They own Phoenix's picks for the next several years and Dallas' 2029 1st unprotected.

For sure, but they have no incentive to be bad. Why trade your only good player for awful thibs try hard picks and 1 armed bandit Randle. Houston I get it, get your picks and Green back to lead a great tank.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#148 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:44 pm

nedleeds wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

For sure, but they have no incentive to be bad. Why trade your only good player for awful thibs try hard picks and 1 armed bandit Randle. Houston I get it, get your picks and Green back to lead a great tank.

They had no incentive to be bad this year and they gifted Houston a top 9 pick. :lol:

I wouldn't trade Randle for him. Randle is a way better player. Like 100x better.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,303

Post#149 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:04 am

The Nets are more afraid of the bad press than anything else, if they trade Mikal to the Knicks. They absolutely would not be able to handle it, if Mikal ended up like DDV and Hart. Can you imagine the podcast?

We'd have to wait for some type of Jrue Holiday trade or shat like that.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,863

Post#150 » by Context » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:14 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Naaahhhh...

We dont need this besides...Go take a look at his numbers...They dropped and I watch a good amount of nets games too. He had the perfect opportunity to take his game to the next level
on a lottery team essentially...Way too much money for his services...I would keep looking...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#151 » by -YogiBiz- » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:19 am

This team don’t need good or even really good. It needs great.

If the player coming back isn’t great. Don’t mess up a good thing.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#152 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:46 am

-YogiBiz- wrote:This team don’t need good or even really good. It needs great.

There's only so much great to go around. This team needs to be 100% healthy first and foremost. Then you decide what you are willing to give up for the final piece. For all we know, we just need Randle back with the same exact roster. We were the best team in the league for a month when fully healthy. We achieved the impossible after losing half the team to injuries. We didn't fall in the standings. We jumped to the 2 seed in the end. The whole star trade is media driven and fan driven for the most part.

I am more than happy letting the FO just do their thing because they have been amazing at what they have done so far. Mistakes have been made but, they fixed all of them while maintaining a playoff level team for three of four years. Many of the fans here only have the 54 win season to hold on to before this. If we make the finals this season....or even the ECF....we don't need much more than good to go with what we already have IMO. This team is so close as it is.
:beer: RIP mags
nismos14
Freshman
And1: 53

Post#153 » by nismos14 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:15 pm

I say no, he just doesn't fit. If we can't keep OG, THEN yes.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,134

Post#154 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
moocow007 wrote:If the Knicks are going to resign OG trading for Bridges kind of doesn't make sense IMO. I see OG as more of a SF. I don't know that they would want to move him to the PF position.

If the Knicks make the conference finals without Randle and OG as a 4. You would want to keep OG at the 4? He will be the stretch 4 that I would like the Knicks to have. Getting Bridges and OG will make us switchable defenders and both are All-Defense players. We also get a player that has been healthy since he got here.

I'm worried about OG's health since he has miss significant time due to minor injuries.

Yeah the health honestly is a big factor in why I don't think I'd want him at the 4 where he's likely going to see more of a physical battle. Plus I'm also old school and believe that your starting 4 or 5 should be someone that can bang and score inside. No I don't believe the notion that the game is now mostly all perimeter and do see significant value right now, right now with post players.

OG doesn't have the post skills to do that nor again would I want him to given his propensity for injury. Now if the Knicks manage to trade for their long rumored target Embiid, then sure. But I don't see that happening at all.

If the Knicks manage to make it deep (ECF for example) then great. Would that mean I'd be ok with OG as the starting 4? Not really. I do think over time it will put him at greater risk and also still create a void in how versatile and balanced the Knicks offense can be. I see a lot more overlap if Bridges were on this team and Randle gone, then the other way around. We've also seen how much even better this team can be when you have OG next to Randle at the forward positions right?

There's definitely also a lot of "grass is greener, the other teams player is better" thing going on still. Randle by himself was able to achieve more than Bridges by himself and yet folks still are IMO very angry at Randle but will to take Bridges cause somehow he has shown he's more than Randle? I don't know about that.

I mean I'd take him regardless if the price is right. You can never have enough talent. But swapping Randle for Bridges I don't see as a good idea, unless the Nets include something else to improve the value for the Knicks. No it doesn't matter to me what the impetus for the Nets would be nor their point of view.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,134

Post#155 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:09 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you listen to him talk you can tell that he's definitely not someone with an "alpha mentality". Reminds me of that guy in school that is always high on something but that can get by cause he's just really good naturally. As far as the right mindset (and not being in one)? Can't be because of the losing cause he's been in losing situations before and done much better. So IMO it's one of two possible things, neither of which IMO indicates someone that has that "alpha" type mentality. Possibility 1 is that he's seeing his buddies all team up right across the river and is dejected that he's not there. Possibility 2 is that not being the no.1 option as he and everybody else expected him to be (Cam Thomas has kinda been ball hogging things) has sucked some (lot of?) confidence out of his game. Neither if causes is good. Now maybe if you add him to the Knicks so he can be one of the guys will help snap him out of it but it is concerning.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#156 » by nedleeds » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

They had no incentive to be bad this year and they gifted Houston a top 9 pick. :lol:

I wouldn't trade Randle for him. Randle is a way better player. Like 100x better.

Yeah they didn't try to be bad. But the pick was unprotected anyway, lol. They have a $38 million nothing clown burger on their roster and $40 million next year. It's almost impossible to be good with a max slot just vaporized on somebody who plays xbox all day.

They have Philly 1-8 in 2027 and 1-8 in 2028 in addition to maybe some Suns picks working out. But again, they might as well go for the play-in since they have none of their own.

So trade Bridges is only real either for their own picks (Rockets would love him), or a young prospect (or both). More middling picks from the Knicks who will never tank in my lifetime again is useless, and we have no young prospects worth anything.

Something like, trade him to OKC for Giddey makes the most sense. Let's say OKC flames out in the playoffs. Bridges will be 28 next year, Giddey is 21. SGC will be 26.

Randle being 100x better is homer-boly, and comparing a defense first elite shooting wing and a iso-volume PF is kind of hard anywya. You can argue the fit of Randle is better (all assuming OG gets his CAA Sam Rose Lambo max this off season).
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#157 » by spree8 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:07 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you listen to him talk you can tell that he's definitely not someone with an "alpha mentality". Reminds me of that guy in school that is always high on something but that can get by cause he's just really good naturally. As far as the right mindset (and not being in one)? Can't be because of the losing cause he's been in losing situations before and done much better. So IMO it's one of two possible things, neither of which IMO indicates someone that has that "alpha" type mentality. Possibility 1 is that he's seeing his buddies all team up right across the river and is dejected that he's not there. Possibility 2 is that not being the no.1 option as he and everybody else expected him to be (Cam Thomas has kinda been ball hogging things) has sucked some (lot of?) confidence out of his game. Neither if causes is good. Now maybe if you add him to the Knicks so he can be one of the guys will help snap him out of it but it is concerning.

I think he def has a case of FOMO and is sulking to indirectly force a trade. Not the best method, but I don’t think there’s any evidence he’d be that player once he got to where he wanted. We’d probably see something closer to what he looked like last year imo.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,708

Post#158 » by Knick4Real » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:

There's only so much great to go around. This team needs to be 100% healthy first and foremost. Then you decide what you are willing to give up for the final piece. For all we know, we just need Randle back with the same exact roster. We were the best team in the league for a month when fully healthy. We achieved the impossible after losing half the team to injuries. We didn't fall in the standings. We jumped to the 2 seed in the end. The whole star trade is media driven and fan driven for the most part.

I am more than happy letting the FO just do their thing because they have been amazing at what they have done so far. Mistakes have been made but, they fixed all of them while maintaining a playoff level team for three of four years. Many of the fans here only have the 54 win season to hold on to before this. If we make the finals this season....or even the ECF....we don't need much more than good to go with what we already have IMO. This team is so close as it is.

We started playing a more up-tempo style once Randle went down. As fast as we play now, we will have scored twice before Randle makes it down the court once.

If Randle comes back, he's either going to have to run like an Olympic sprinter on the court, or the current team is going to have to slow way down just to match him. My guess is he gets traded in the package for (fill in the blank) big fish Leon's looking to acquire.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,550

Post#159 » by Wildcat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:17 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

We started playing a more up-tempo style once Randle went down. As fast as we play now, we will have scored twice before Randle makes it down the court once.

If Randle comes back, he's either going to have to run like an Olympic sprinter on the court, or the current team is going to have to slow way down just to match him. My guess is he gets traded in the package for (fill in the blank) big fish Leon's looking to acquire.

I don't know where this idea came from that Randle can't run with this team. January is their best PPG since the OG trade.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,708

Post#160 » by Knick4Real » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:38 am

Wildcat wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

I don't know where this idea came from that Randle can't run with this team. January is their best PPG since the OG trade.

It comes from watching.

He's slow. He pounds the ball until 2 seconds are left before passing. He rarely plays D. He only kept up because the current squad slowed down (some). But, we're flying now and that's just not what he does.

Return to New York Knicks