ImageImageImageImageImage

Do you want Mikal Bridges?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Do you want Mikal Bridges?

YES
64%
NO
12%
MAYBE but not my first choice.
24%

Total votes: 105

Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 633

Re: Do you want Mikal Bridges? 

Post#101 » by Governor Dudley » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:05 am

Wildcat wrote:
sol537 wrote:Randle for Bridges straight up. Who says no?

No.
Yea Vegeta is a better #2 than a choir boy like Gohan.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,439

Post#102 » by Zenzibar » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:28 pm

sol537 wrote:Mitch + McBride + 1st rounder for Mikal. And I like McBride.

That's a boatload for a player in Mikal, that took a step back this year and has not made his present team competitive.

I would even argue that McBride, with more playing time, is just as valuable. Also, why would you trade 2 good young players, one, in Mitch, who you'll need if iHart leaves, when you have 7 first round draft picks?

Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#103 » by Zenzibar » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:36 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Do you consider Randle as filler?

Bogey is filler. Rojas and Sims too.

Whi is Rojas?

EDit: Who is Rojas?

He meant Rokas, Rojas is his 2 cousin removed who plays double -A ball for the Kansas City Royals.
Stop All Genocides
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#104 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:48 pm

Zenzibar wrote:

That's a boatload for a player in Mikal, that took a step back this year and has not made his present team competitive.

I would even argue that McBride, with more playing time, is just as valuable. Also, why would you trade 2 good young players, one, in Mitch, who you'll need if iHart leaves, when you have 7 first round draft picks?

Wrong. Mikal would have more impact on this team then those three assets although those three assets have value and are helpful in their own right (just like RJ and IQ were...). You have to give to get. Nets aren't giving Mikal away for peanuts, especially to NY.

Mikal puts us in contention and is an incredible with with his Nova buddies. We could win a title with him in the mix. That's all that matters.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,836

Post#105 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:25 pm

sol537 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

Wrong. Mikal would have more impact on this team then those three assets although those three assets have value and are helpful in their own right (just like RJ and IQ were...). You have to give to get. Nets aren't giving Mikal away for peanuts, especially to NY.

Mikal puts us in contention and is an incredible with with his Nova buddies. We could win a title with him in the mix. That's all that matters.

I would also prefer to add picks to the package over giving up McBride. But at the same time I think Bridges is the missing piece. I don’t care about Mitch tbh. He has been outplayed by Hartenstein.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,134

Post#106 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:27 pm

Governor Dudley wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
sol537 wrote:Randle for Bridges straight up. Who says no?

No.
Yea Vegeta is a better #2 than a choir boy like Gohan.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Too bad they can't merge them together into Vegehan?
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 515

Post#107 » by NiceLikeChrist » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:30 pm

Not for randle and not for deuce. If we can trade bogs and picks or something sure.

Rather involve Randle in a trade for an actual star and not another role player
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,144

Post#108 » by cgf » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:48 pm

Stannis wrote:Randle + All picks for him

Yes

Hard pass if it costs us Randle and we're the team that has to add. If they'll bite for Bojan and some picks, without giving away more than 1 future unprotected FRP, then that's interesting. But losing Randle for yet another non-creator would be rough.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#109 » by Zenzibar » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:50 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
sol537 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

I would also prefer to add picks to the package over giving up McBride. But at the same time I think Bridges is the missing piece. I don’t care about Mitch tbh. He has been outplayed by Hartenstein.

After reading both your posts I would agree, Bridges makes us one the favorites for the Finals next year for sure. Look at the Nets. How can Mikal be all in when he can be playing on a bigger stage with his boys? Plus I would imagine they hang out when possible and the wives may even hang out. Villanova chip team will be complete.

McBride is one of my young gems on this team, so I posted from the heart and not objectively.

Anyway, the key will be for Hartenstein to get signed. Else, even with all the late 1st rounders, the offer would be light.
Stop All Genocides
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,903

Post#110 » by 8516knicks » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:00 am

Who we want, need and can even get comes down to what happens with Ihart and OG. We get them we're set to play around. I'd like Randle back if he can buy in and play a smidge of D. If Mitch can get back in shape he's an okay backup to Ihart. If not, sayonnara for a draft pick C. We are so CLOSE we can TASTE IT!
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#111 » by 8516knicks » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:03 am

Zenzibar wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
sol537 wrote:

After reading both your posts I would agree, Bridges makes us one the favorites for the Finals next year for sure. Look at the Nets. How can Mikal be all in when he can be playing on a bigger stage with his boys? Plus I would imagine they hang out when possible and the wives may even hang out. Villanova chip team will be complete.

McBride is one of my young gems on this team, so I posted from the heart and not objectively.

Anyway, the key will be for Hartenstein to get signed. Else, even with all the late 1st rounders, the offer would be light.

Like most, I've grown to love Deuce. Don't want lose him. RG and IQ did not fit. Deuce does on 2nd unit.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#112 » by 8516knicks » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:04 am

Mikal, if we get him, not gonna let his boys down. Bank on that. 2 championships NCAA.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,556

Post#113 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:58 pm

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,318

Post#114 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:10 am

Stannis wrote:Randle + All picks for him

Yes

That's the popular rumor, but I think we give up too much at PF with that swap.

IF it's Bogs & FIller for Bridges, then we have to give up like 15 picks. OK, maybe not 15. I think 3 first rounders should do it. 4 if they're heavily protected.

Give the Nets 2 picks in this draft in the 20s and maybe the Milwaukee or Detroit pick and I don't think they say no.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,318

Post#115 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:13 am

NiceLikeChrist wrote:Not for randle and not for deuce. If we can trade bogs and picks or something sure.

Rather involve Randle in a trade for an actual star and not another role player

I hate to give up Deuce. He's a solid injury fill in player who can play 48 minutes if asked to, and he's currently our back-up PG. But for Bridges, if the Nets insist on Deuce, I'd probably say yes. I'd try to get them to tak Bogs, Sims, maybe Precious or G-league filler, whatever, to make salaries work and make up the balance with picks and keep Deuce, but if I have to, I'd include Deuce in the swap.

Not Randle though.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#116 » by Galou » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:16 am

I'll take him for Bogs, Alec burks, and maybe 1 pick.

You can tell Mikal wants to be with his guys.
That's why he be cheesing all the time.
Let the the hype begin
Randle Ihart deuce OG precious Sims Mitch is off limits

I want Mikal for cheap :nod:
F$+*k the Nets.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,556

Post#117 » by RHODEY » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:12 am

Galou wrote:I'll take him for Bogs, Alec burks, and maybe 1 pick.

You can tell Mikal wants to be with his guys.
That's why he be cheesing all the time.
Let the the hype begin
Randle Ihart deuce OG precious Sims Mitch is off limits

I want Mikal for cheap :nod:
I'd give Bogs and 3 first ...no more.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,103

Post#118 » by Besart19 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:12 am

Randle and Bogdanovic for Durant straight up or plus picks for Booker... Doing Business in Arizona!!
Strength and Honour!
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#119 » by Adelheid » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 am

since when did Mikal was worth 15 picks? lol

If he was that good, he would be carrying BKNY into the postseason or at least the play-in
Davis18
Senior
And1: 707

Post#120 » by Davis18 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:50 am

Randle for Mikal.
Who says no?

Return to New York Knicks