ImageImageImageImageImage

Do you want Mikal Bridges?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Do you want Mikal Bridges?

YES
64%
NO
12%
MAYBE but not my first choice.
24%

Total votes: 105

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Re: Do you want Mikal Bridges? 

Post#161 » by Wildcat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 am

Knick4Real wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
We started playing a more up-tempo style once Randle went down. As fast as we play now, we will have scored twice before Randle makes it down the court once.

If Randle comes back, he's either going to have to run like an Olympic sprinter on the court, or the current team is going to have to slow way down just to match him. My guess is he gets traded in the package for (fill in the blank) big fish Leon's looking to acquire.

I don't know where this idea came from that Randle can't run with this team. January is their best PPG since the OG trade.

It comes from watching.

He's slow. He pounds the ball until 2 seconds are left before passing. He rarely plays D. He only kept up because the current squad slowed down (some). But, we're flying now and that's just not what he does.

What on Earth are you talking about? The team literally had a faster pace with Randle than without. How can anyone say with a straight face that they slowed it down for him? And now we're looking at his inside game as a weakness? C'mon, man. Hate the guy, I don't care, but him not running with the team is factually false.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,320

Post#162 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 am

Knick4Real wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:This team don’t need good or even really good. It needs great.

If the player coming back isn’t great. Don’t mess up a good thing.

There's only so much great to go around. This team needs to be 100% healthy first and foremost. Then you decide what you are willing to give up for the final piece. For all we know, we just need Randle back with the same exact roster. We were the best team in the league for a month when fully healthy. We achieved the impossible after losing half the team to injuries. We didn't fall in the standings. We jumped to the 2 seed in the end. The whole star trade is media driven and fan driven for the most part.

I am more than happy letting the FO just do their thing because they have been amazing at what they have done so far. Mistakes have been made but, they fixed all of them while maintaining a playoff level team for three of four years. Many of the fans here only have the 54 win season to hold on to before this. If we make the finals this season....or even the ECF....we don't need much more than good to go with what we already have IMO. This team is so close as it is.

We started playing a more up-tempo style once Randle went down. As fast as we play now, we will have scored twice before Randle makes it down the court once.

If Randle comes back, he's either going to have to run like an Olympic sprinter on the court, or the current team is going to have to slow way down just to match him. My guess is he gets traded in the package for (fill in the blank) big fish Leon's looking to acquire.

We doubled our pace huh? I don't care if they trade Randle but, I doubt they played twice as fast after Randle got hurt.The players minutes may have doubled though. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,696

Post#163 » by nedleeds » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:56 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
I don't know where this idea came from that Randle can't run with this team. January is their best PPG since the OG trade.

It comes from watching.

He's slow. He pounds the ball until 2 seconds are left before passing. He rarely plays D. He only kept up because the current squad slowed down (some). But, we're flying now and that's just not what he does.

What on Earth are you talking about? The team literally had a faster pace with Randle than without. How can anyone say with a straight face that they slowed it down for him? And now we're looking at his inside game as a weakness? C'mon, man. Hate the guy, I don't care, but him not running with the team is factually false.

We don't really have any running players since IQ was traded. Brunson doesn't run a ton and never has, even in Dallas. But he's incredibly efficient so I don't know why you'd care. If you think Randle pounds, then all of that is true for Brunson.

Running is great for second units where your players are worse and they need easier shots. Brunson is ~+47 true shooting. Fox, Jaylen Brown, Bane and Lebron (amazing actually) are the league leaders in transition FGs and none of them even with that are as efficient as Brunson's pound it and pivot approach.

All that said Randle and Brunson are still at almost identical transition FGA ~3 a game. Which isn't glacial. It's actually top 30 in the league (granted both guys just shoot alot period).

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/transition?CF=GP*GE*50:FGA*GE*2.0&dir=D&sort=FG_PCT

I know most of you love bing bong and the eye test and not numbers but here's everyone who played 50 games, and gets up at least 2 transition FGAs a game sorted on % on those shots. Predictably Zion is totally in another universe.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/transition?CF=GP*GE*50:FGA*GE*2.0&dir=D&sort=FG_PCT
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,850

Post#164 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 am

Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks