ImageImageImageImageImage

Do you want Mikal Bridges?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Do you want Mikal Bridges?

YES
64%
NO
12%
MAYBE but not my first choice.
24%

Total votes: 105

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,836

Re: Do you want Mikal Bridges? 

Post#61 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:42 pm

sol537 wrote:
Synciere wrote:Voted yes.

And for those concerned about the cost, I think his cost has gone down substantially this year. He's not a #1, which is what he looked like when he first got to Brooklyn and was dropping 26 a game. Now he's been brought back to earth and his natural role, which is more of an great role player on the wing who's a natural switch 1-4 defensively. He's another OG, not as dominant defensively, but better offensively. A great team can NEVER have too many of those guys.

An expiring like Bogs and our best two picks could get it done. Brooklyn will want a good, young player too, but I'm not sure which teams or how many out there would really offer that this offseason. He's going to be really affordable.....

Three things have to happen for us to get him...

1) Mikal's agent has to make a strong demand to Nets front office
2) Leon Rose has to smooth the relationship with NJ and imply better cooperation in the future
3) Leon has to send at minimum Mitch + rights to Rokas + three 1st rounders of varying importance

1) He will.
2) Shouldn’t matter if …
3) … he sends Mitch, Bogdanovic and four 1sts.

Like OG, Bridges is a superstar role-player. Way too often people don’t understand the value in that. He’s not a superstar, but next to OG he‘d literally be the perfect piece. A championship level piece who’s never really injured, so you can overpay.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,024

Post#62 » by Woodsanity » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:44 pm

Brooklyn isnt giving up unless they get a big price so no. If we can get him cheap of course.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#63 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:46 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:Bojan and picks for Bridges

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divocenzco
Anunoby/Hart
Randle/Precious
Mitch/Hartenstein

Who’s beating this team?

Add Mitch to the package if you have to. We’ll be alright with Hartenstein, Achiuwa and Randle up front. This is an incredible roster, the fit is almost too good to be true. I doubt Boston beats that team and I also think that might very well be the best roster in the NBA 1-10.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,436

Post#64 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:20 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divocenzco
Anunoby/Hart
Randle/Precious
Mitch/Hartenstein

Who’s beating this team?

Add Mitch to the package if you have to. We’ll be alright with Hartenstein, Achiuwa and Randle up front. This is an incredible roster, the fit is almost too good to be true. I doubt Boston beats that team and I also think that might very well be the best roster in the NBA 1-10.

I'd start Donte over Bridges but still get Bridges 30 mpg.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,506

Post#65 » by Synciere » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:37 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
sol537 wrote:
Synciere wrote:Voted yes.

And for those concerned about the cost, I think his cost has gone down substantially this year. He's not a #1, which is what he looked like when he first got to Brooklyn and was dropping 26 a game. Now he's been brought back to earth and his natural role, which is more of an great role player on the wing who's a natural switch 1-4 defensively. He's another OG, not as dominant defensively, but better offensively. A great team can NEVER have too many of those guys.

An expiring like Bogs and our best two picks could get it done. Brooklyn will want a good, young player too, but I'm not sure which teams or how many out there would really offer that this offseason. He's going to be really affordable.....

2) Leon Rose has to smooth the relationship with NJ and imply better cooperation in the future
3) Leon has to send at minimum Mitch + rights to Rokas + three 1st rounders of varying importance

1) He will.
2) Shouldn’t matter if …

Like OG, Bridges is a superstar role-player. Way too often people don’t understand the value in that. He’s not a superstar, but next to OG he‘d literally be the perfect piece. A championship level piece who’s never really injured, so you can overpay.

People keep throwing Mitch in there as if they know for a fact Brooklyn will want and/or need Mitch. Mitch is worth way more to us than he ever will be to them. Also, why would Brooklyn want to take on salary? Doesn't Bogs already make more than Mikal? Why add another 10 mil in Mitch salary when they already have a rim running big? We don't have to throw Mitch into every deal just because Isaish has shown a little life. They are excellent insurance for each other and both can be really affordable.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#66 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:41 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divocenzco
Anunoby/Hart
Randle/Precious
Mitch/Hartenstein

Who’s beating this team?

I'd start Donte over Bridges but still get Bridges 30 mpg.

I don’t even care as long as we have both, not just one of them, at SG.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#67 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:43 pm

Synciere wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
sol537 wrote:

1) He will.
2) Shouldn’t matter if …

People keep throwing Mitch in there as if they know for a fact Brooklyn will want and/or need Mitch. Mitch is worth way more to us than he ever will be to them. Also, why would Brooklyn want to take on salary? Doesn't Bogs already make more than Mikal? Why add another 10 mil in Mitch salary when they already have a rim running big? We don't have to throw Mitch into every deal just because Isaish has shown a little life. They are excellent insurance for each other and both can be really affordable.

He does have a lot of skill at a very young age.
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#68 » by Synciere » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:50 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Synciere wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:1) He will.
2) Shouldn’t matter if …

Sure, but he does nothing to move the needle for them. Otherwise, why are they trading Mikal?

It's like once we started collecting first round picks guys on this board would throw them in deals for players who are not even close to being worth a pick. They'd literally say things like 'add a pick or two to get it done..' TF?! It's like giving a 12 year old $20; he's going to blow it at the bodega for candy and McDonalds in 36 hours flat.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,026

Post#69 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:00 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I would not burn four 1sts on Bridges regardless of fit. That's an insane price to pay for a roleplayer/4th option

Depends on the firsts IMO

2 late 1sts.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#70 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:14 pm

Synciere wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Sure, but he does nothing to move the needle for them. Otherwise, why are they trading Mikal?

It's like once we started collecting first round picks guys on this board would throw them in deals for players who are not even close to being worth a pick. They'd literally say things like 'add a pick or two to get it done..' TF?! It's like giving a 12 year old $20; he's going to blow it at the bodega for candy and McDonalds in 36 hours flat.

Paying up for the league’s best role-player not named Anunoby, one who is a 20+ ppg scorer and All-NBA-level defender at the same time, is something very different from what you’re describing.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,133

Post#71 » by moocow007 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:36 pm

I mean definitely not no. But it could be "not my first choice" depending on which other choices are available. Example would be someone like Embiid. If Embiid was made available and realistically gettable then he would make more sense if the goal is to try and win it all. But yes, Mikal Bridges game would seem to work real well with the currently mix of Knicks. If they can add him while keeping pretty much the main parts of the core then that would seem a great add. Brunson, Bridges, Anunoby, Randle and Robinson or Hartenstein would seem pretty potent (with Hart and DDV off the bench).
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#72 » by Synciere » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:46 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Synciere wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:He does have a lot of skill at a very young age.

Paying up for the league’s best role-player not named Anunoby, one who is a 20+ ppg scorer and All-NBA-level defender at the same time, is something very different from what you’re describing.

When you said he has a lot of skill you were responding to my earlier post about Mitch, so I thought that was whom you were referring to. Reading it back I'm not thinking you were referring to Mikal. Am I right?

Because Mitch isn't moving the needle for Brooklyn. But Mikal might be able to do that for us, especially considering health. I just don't see any reason why Brooklyn wants Mitch is all.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#73 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:51 pm

Synciere wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Synciere wrote:

When you said he has a lot of skill you were responding to my earlier post about Mitch, so I thought that was whom you were referring to. Reading it back I'm not thinking you were referring to Mikal. Am I right?

Because Mitch isn't moving the needle for Brooklyn. But Mikal might be able to do that for us, especially considering health. I just don't see any reason why Brooklyn wants Mitch is all.

Yup, I was talking about Mitch. He’s still a valuable player. We have Hartenstein though, but his offensive rebounding and shot blocking make Robinson a valuable piece. He’s 26, they could trade for him and four picks like Portland traded for Ayton and Robert Williams plus loads of picks.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,026

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:13 pm

Look guys/gals.

The clowns on Atlantic and Flatbush turned down Jalen Green + their picks back for Bridges. That's how braindead that organization is.

It's not happening unless Bridges forces his way to the Knicks, and I don't think he's got it in him to do it. And even then, the cost will not be worth it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,612

Post#75 » by El Poochio » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:08 am

No space for Mikal with CAA on the line

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Brunson
Deuce
Book
PG13
iHart

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#76 » by Kidknick! » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:45 am

Hell yeah. Guys an iron man (Unlike OG) and add to the culture of winning.
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 980

Post#77 » by NowWHYcee7 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:59 am

moocow007 wrote:I mean definitely not no. But it could be "not my first choice" depending on which other choices are available. Example would be someone like Embiid. If Embiid was made available and realistically gettable then he would make more sense if the goal is to try and win it all. But yes, Mikal Bridges game would seem to work real well with the currently mix of Knicks. If they can add him while keeping pretty much the main parts of the core then that would seem a great add. Brunson, Bridges, Anunoby, Randle and Robinson or Hartenstein would seem pretty potent (with Hart and DDV off the bench).

Embiid is breaking down fast. The Knicks would be foolish to pursue him.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,532

Post#78 » by duetta » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:41 pm

Depends on the price.

At a fair price, maybe. At the likely price (especially considering that Nets are our crosstown rival), NO, a thousand times NO.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#79 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:04 pm

El Poochio wrote:No space for Mikal with CAA on the line

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Brunson
Deuce
Book
PG13
iHart

The OG omission …….. not good.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#80 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:05 pm

NowWHYcee7 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:I mean definitely not no. But it could be "not my first choice" depending on which other choices are available. Example would be someone like Embiid. If Embiid was made available and realistically gettable then he would make more sense if the goal is to try and win it all. But yes, Mikal Bridges game would seem to work real well with the currently mix of Knicks. If they can add him while keeping pretty much the main parts of the core then that would seem a great add. Brunson, Bridges, Anunoby, Randle and Robinson or Hartenstein would seem pretty potent (with Hart and DDV off the bench).

Embiid is breaking down fast. The Knicks would be foolish to pursue him.

I repeat: Bridges is our single best trade target.

Return to New York Knicks