ImageImageImageImageImage

Per WOJ - Randle having surgery

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,716

Re: Per WOJ - Randle having surgery 

Post#281 » by nedleeds » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:45 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Pointless year where we were 0% to make the finals 0% to get a top 5 pick. Maybe this will convince them to trade Brunson for a haul and have a shot at a title in 6 years.

The is a REALLY REALLY dumb post my ****.

The way Brunson is playing combined with a healthy roster, the emergence of Deuce we absolutely could make the finals, especially with our defense

We need a healthy OG it starts there.

I agree.

So what is the most likely outcome this year and next year?

I'd say given the health of OG, Randle and our cast of bigs plus the strength of the Celtics, and other better teams in the East we have maybe a 5% chance to make a final. With a roster that just gets worse, with no exciting draft assets, no future All-NBA players under 25. Brunson is an all-NBA player now, on a great contract, on a go nowhere mid-Bobcat team. Maybe I eat my words and OG opts in if he's really hurt and can't come back, but I imagine as a client of CAA he'll get an insane deal.

As of today we're picking 19th and 24th and have no chance to win anything this year other than January 2024. There's almost no worse place to be assuming you actually have your pick.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,886

Post#282 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:29 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:FO should have seen this possibility and made a better move at the deadline to replace Randle. One forward who's better than Bog and Burks combined

I was one of Randle’s loudest critics, but there aren’t really any better options at PF around the league.

Look at the position, you can’t really replace him. I think I’d take Markkanen over him but I’m not even sure about that. Ingram maybe. Maybe. Maybe…. I’d certainly take Sabonis, but it’s never going to happen. That’s basically the list and Sabonis isn’t even a PF and Ingram defends better at SF. Since KD, AD, Banchero or Giannis won’t become available, you’ll be very hard-pressed to find a player that would provide an actual upgrade over Dubious Handles.

Looking at Small Forwards, Tatum could play PF and so could Kawhi, but none of that is ever going to happen. You could move OG to PF, I guess, but who do you start at PF then? I’d love to get Bridges, but that’s at Shooting Guard with OG and Randle at Forward. After all, size matters, you don’t want to compromise that.

Go find a trade target. I don’t see it. https://hoopshype.com/lists/best-players-for-every-position/

I didn't mean a better than Randle guy just a reasonable replacement. Jeremy Grant, Kuzma. Derozan would have been perfect and play OG at 4. Of course I'm assuming a healthy OG for a playoff run. And I don't know how available or expensive any one of those guys would have been compared to the Detroit duo.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,647

Post#283 » by Meat » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:05 am

nedleeds wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:The is a REALLY REALLY dumb post my ****.

The way Brunson is playing combined with a healthy roster, the emergence of Deuce we absolutely could make the finals, especially with our defense

We need a healthy OG it starts there.

I agree.

I'd say given the health of OG, Randle and our cast of bigs plus the strength of the Celtics, and other better teams in the East we have maybe a 5% chance to make a final. With a roster that just gets worse, with no exciting draft assets, no future All-NBA players under 25. Brunson is an all-NBA player now, on a great contract, on a go nowhere mid-Bobcat team. Maybe I eat my words and OG opts in if he's really hurt and can't come back, but I imagine as a client of CAA he'll get an insane deal.

As of today we're picking 19th and 24th and have no chance to win anything this year other than January 2024. There's almost no worse place to be assuming you actually have your pick.

I can throw out random %'s too

You know they say that all teams are created equal, but you look at us and you look at the celtics and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But we're defensive freaks and we're not normal! So they got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat us. Then you add bucks to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way they got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but we, we got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because bucks KNOWS they can't beat us and they're not even gonna try!

So Boston, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus our 25% chance and they got an 8 1/3 chance of winning . But then you take our 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, we got 141 2/3 chance of winning at it all. The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for the east.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,014

Post#284 » by robillionaire » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:13 am

Meat wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I agree.

You know they say that all teams are created equal, but you look at us and you look at the celtics and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But we're defensive freaks and we're not normal! So they got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat us. Then you add bucks to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way they got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but we, we got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because bucks KNOWS they can't beat us and they're not even gonna try!

So Boston, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus our 25% chance and they got an 8 1/3 chance of winning . But then you take our 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, we got 141 2/3 chance of winning at it all. The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for the east.

Thanks for this. I needed this.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,865

Post#285 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:54 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:FO should have seen this possibility and made a better move at the deadline to replace Randle. One forward who's better than Bog and Burks combined

I was one of Randle’s loudest critics, but there aren’t really any better options at PF around the league.

Look at the position, you can’t really replace him. I think I’d take Markkanen over him but I’m not even sure about that. Ingram maybe. Maybe. Maybe…. I’d certainly take Sabonis, but it’s never going to happen. That’s basically the list and Sabonis isn’t even a PF and Ingram defends better at SF. Since KD, AD, Banchero or Giannis won’t become available, you’ll be very hard-pressed to find a player that would provide an actual upgrade over Dubious Handles.

Looking at Small Forwards, Tatum could play PF and so could Kawhi, but none of that is ever going to happen. You could move OG to PF, I guess, but who do you start at PF then? I’d love to get Bridges, but that’s at Shooting Guard with OG and Randle at Forward. After all, size matters, you don’t want to compromise that.

Go find a trade target. I don’t see it. https://hoopshype.com/lists/best-players-for-every-position/

I didn't mean a better than Randle guy just a reasonable replacement. Jeremy Grant, Kuzma. Derozan would have been perfect and play OG at 4. Of course I'm assuming a healthy OG for a playoff run. And I don't know how available or expensive any one of those guys would have been compared to the Detroit duo.

Okay I see. However, Bogdanovic looked like that player. I still like the acquisition because nobody could see his wheels come off. What’s more, I still think he might turn out alright and play well in the playoffs.

I’m a big DeRozan fan too. I was blasted here for my promotion of Jerami Grant, but of course he’d fit in perfectly now. Maybe next year. Brunson, DVo, OG, Grant, Hartenstein. Oh well…
Guano
RealGM
And1: 41,701

Post#286 » by Guano » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:06 am

we can't have sht
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Guano
RealGM

Post#287 » by Guano » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:10 am

reading a lot of thibs blaming in here when a certain toxic poster with a bad sugar habit has been stanning randle for a long long time.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,956

Post#288 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:16 am

Meat wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That's what I'm saying 5% lol it's completely made up and doesn't even make sense
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,954

Post#289 » by god shammgod » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:52 am

Guano wrote:reading a lot of thibs blaming in here when a certain toxic poster with a bad sugar habit has been stanning randle for a long long time.

this is two years in a row where randle didn't make it to the playoffs healthy. the curse is real!!!!!!!!
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,600

Post#290 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:54 am

Guano wrote:we can't have sht

We have each other
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,716

Post#291 » by nedleeds » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:01 pm

Meat wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

I was being generous, its actually zero based on record and history. But I figured that would hurt our sensitive delusional fanbases feelings. It's just bizarre nobody wants to try and win a title in their lifetimes.

Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,399

Post#292 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:59 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Guano wrote:reading a lot of thibs blaming in here when a certain toxic poster with a bad sugar habit has been stanning randle for a long long time.

this is two years in a row where randle didn't make it to the playoffs healthy. the curse is real!!!!!!!!

the knicks never won schit since you became a fan. how about that mfer. :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,186

Post#293 » by moocow007 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:48 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

Correct.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,635

Post#294 » by Context » Sun Apr 7, 2024 1:25 am

LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Guano
RealGM

Post#295 » by Guano » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:37 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

the knicks never won schit since you became a fan. how about that mfer. :lol:

Agendas > facts
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,823

Post#296 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=b57uNrJcPRnmNSFXcwVaHA&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen