ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Ask Bucks for 2nd Seed & Bucks Say We'll Do Our Best to Oblige

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,980

Re: PG: Knicks Ask Bucks for 2nd Seed & Bucks Say We'll Do Our Best to Oblige 

Post#221 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:A lot of teams are close in the standings and there are so many variables that it’s tough to say. Knicks just have to take care of business and let the chips fall where they may. Randle aside, we are in decent shape and everyone else appears to be getting healthy and rounding back into form. Of course I don’t expect us to win it all but would be nice to win a series or 2 and get some more playoff experience….def can’t take these moments for granted

certainly the team can't play for seeding right now...just personal preference at the moment.

Obviously you want to lock in the non-play in seed tomorrow. Then if it comes down to the last game as we are locked into at least 3 we can talk about the pro and cons about potentially just resting brunson and other key rotational players.

Bostons reward for being the best team all season is Miami or Philly in the first round, there are no easy outs or matchups to hunt. Just gotta play the team in front of you. Bucks lost to the 8 seed last year. It all goes out the window in the playoffs and the league seems to have a lot more parity now
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,167

Post#222 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:04 pm

robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:A lot of teams are close in the standings and there are so many variables that it’s tough to say. Knicks just have to take care of business and let the chips fall where they may. Randle aside, we are in decent shape and everyone else appears to be getting healthy and rounding back into form. Of course I don’t expect us to win it all but would be nice to win a series or 2 and get some more playoff experience….def can’t take these moments for granted

certainly the team can't play for seeding right now...just personal preference at the moment.

Obviously you want to lock in the non-play in seed tomorrow. Then if it comes down to the last game as we are locked into at least 3 we can talk about the pro and cons about potentially just resting brunson and other key rotational players.

Bostons reward for being the best team all season is Miami or Philly in the first round, there are no easy outs or matchups to hunt. Just gotta play the team in front of you. Bucks lost to the 8 seed last year. It all goes out the window in the playoffs and the league seems to have a lot more parity now

but that even strengthens my point...MIL lost to Mia who was an 8th seed but really wasn't an 8th seed. They were a 53 win team the year before and lost in the ECF...just because Jimmy butler takes the regular season off and injuries put them into the 8th seed.

So seeding doesn't mean as much...its matchups sometimes.

In that case Miami and Philly are lower seeded teams but they are sure tougher and better teams than ORL, CLE, and Indy. I don't think that can be disputed at this point.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#223 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:12 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

but that even strengthens my point...MIL lost to Mia who was an 8th seed but really wasn't an 8th seed. They were a 53 win team the year before and lost in the ECF...just because Jimmy butler takes the regular season off and injuries put them into the 8th seed.

In that case Miami and Philly are lower seeded teams but they are sure tougher and better teams than ORL, CLE, and Indy. I don't think that can be disputed at this point.

That wasn't matchup dependent as much as it was Giannis got hurt in Game 1 and missed some games.

I don't think there's any chance Milwaukee loses that series last year if Giannis stays healthy TBH.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,123

Post#224 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:12 pm

We might lose to Miami or Philly but that's fine. It'd be nice to see us win a round but I don't care about that personally that much. If we can beat Miami or Philly, we'll have momentum in that second round and hopefully Boston would hit some issues along the way.

Six and one half dozen really. Miami is def a hard opponent for us but I think we can win a close series against them.

You never know if Indy might get Haliburton very hot and the Magic, while young and tailing off some, have given us trouble too. They beat up Brunson one game in Orlando.

So I don't worry about that so much personally.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#225 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:17 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:At what point does Brunson over Tatum for that last All-NBA 1st team spot become a real discussion?

Brunson is averaging almost 2 points a game more, at this point on similar efficiency numbers, a couple more assists a night and keeping the Knicks in the hunt for homecourt in the 1st round with an injury riddled team.

Tatum will probably still take the spot because Boston has overwhelmingly been the best team in the league and he's their number 1. The difference on defense between the 2 is admittedly large. Most of the NBA media tends to lean pro-Boston as well.

But, I think, at large you can argue Brunson has, individually, had at least as good of a season as Tatum has had.

Yeah all true and good but they'll never give him that over Tatum, IMO.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#226 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:18 pm

Gravy wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:Props to Brunson but more importantly clear frustration with Doc's defensive game plan. Bucks imploding since the Rivers signing.

Read on Twitter

Doc pulled his starters at a reasonable time in the game we should definitely hire him :)

I kind of feel bad for Dame.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,157

Post#227 » by aggo » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:28 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Gravy wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:Props to Brunson but more importantly clear frustration with Doc's defensive game plan. Bucks imploding since the Rivers signing.

Read on Twitter

Doc pulled his starters at a reasonable time in the game we should definitely hire him :)

why?

he finessed his way to that extension by not asking for a trade

then the moment he got the extension he asked for a trade

now hes washed and probably just starting to realize it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#228 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:37 pm

aggo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Gravy wrote:Doc pulled his starters at a reasonable time in the game we should definitely hire him :)

why?

He's got a good personality. Not a flopper or a loser. He's likable.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,439

Post#229 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:46 pm

aggo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Gravy wrote:Doc pulled his starters at a reasonable time in the game we should definitely hire him :)

why?

Nah - the Blazers committed to a rebuild and he didn't want to be a part of that. Him moving on made sense for all parties even if there were substantial bumps in the road to get there.

On the Bucks end, they should have just hired Stotts IMO.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,389

Post#230 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:18 pm

If the Knicks go 4-0 in the final games they can be the 2nd seed, if they go 3-1 the likely spot is the 3rd seed, if they go 2-2 it's probably the 4th seed, if 1-3 makes 5th seed likely and 0-4 they could get knocked all the way down to 6th. The more games they lose, the messier the scenarios get.

The way they don't get 3rd seed with a 3-1 record is if the Bucks-Magic split their two games and win all their other games. If there's a Magic sweep they won't get the 3rd seed with 3-1 if the Bucks win their other two games, the Knicks would need 4-0 to get ahead of the Bucks in that scenario.

If the Bucks sweep the Magic the Knicks get the 3rd seed with 3-1 and drop to 4th if they go 2-2 and the Magic win their other two games. A 2-2 record opens up the possibility of being passed by the Cavs for 4th, but it's slim because they would have to win out to pass.

Going 1-3 or 0-4 really does make securing HCA at risk because of the Cavs soft remaining 3 games, with that if they go 2-1 they pass the Knicks. The Knicks final schedule has set them up to get HCA, it's in their own control and the other team's schedules are tricky.

The one thing I'm watching closely for the playoff path is if the Knicks to get to 2nd and have to face either the Heat/Sixers in the first round or drop to 4th and face the Celtics in the second round. It seems like threading the needle for the 3rd seed would be their best path.

That's just my take on it, looking at the team's schedules they are competing with for those seeds. That the Bucks and Magic play each other twice in their final games actually opens up the possibility of the Knicks leapfrogging those two, coupled with the difficulty of their other games, too.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#231 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:26 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

That wasn't matchup dependent as much as it was Giannis got hurt in Game 1 and missed some games.

I don't think there's any chance Milwaukee loses that series last year if Giannis stays healthy TBH.

I do. Miami was just good. They kicked boston’s ass and they were fully healthy.

So now we have good teams that are finding themselves with injuries and winding up 7 and 8 that are legit threats to the top seeds. Lakers being the 7 seed last year and going to the WCF are another example. Busting ass all year to get 1-2 isn’t getting the same rewards, there are more than just 3-4 good teams in the league right now
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#232 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:32 pm

stuporman wrote:If the Knicks go 4-0 in the final games they can be the 2nd seed, if they go 3-1 the likely spot is the 3rd seed, if they go 2-2 it's probably the 4th seed, if 1-3 makes 5th seed likely and 0-4 they could get knocked all the way down to 6th. The more games they lose, the messier the scenarios get.

The way they don't get 3rd seed with a 3-1 record is if the Bucks-Magic split their two games and win all their other games. If there's a Magic sweep they won't get the 3rd seed with 3-1 if the Bucks win their other two games, the Knicks would need 4-0 to get ahead of the Bucks in that scenario.

If the Bucks sweep the Magic the Knicks get the 3rd seed with 3-1 and drop to 4th if they go 2-2 and the Magic win their other two games. A 2-2 record opens up the possibility of being passed by the Cavs for 4th, but it's slim because they would have to win out to pass.

Going 1-3 or 0-4 really does make securing HCA at risk because of the Cavs soft remaining 3 games, with that if they go 2-1 they pass the Knicks. The Knicks final schedule has set them up to get HCA, it's in their own control and the other team's schedules are tricky.

The one thing I'm watching closely for the playoff path is if the Knicks to get to 2nd and have to face either the Heat/Sixers in the first round or drop to 4th and face the Celtics in the second round. It seems like threading the needle for the 3rd seed would be their best path.

That's just my take on it, looking at the team's schedules they are competing with for those seeds. That the Bucks and Magic play each other twice in their final games actually opens up the possibility of the Knicks leapfrogging those two, coupled with the difficulty of their other games, too.

I’d be fine landing 3rd 4th or even 5th. I’d prefer to play the Magic Pacers or even the floundering Bucks over Miami or Philly. And sure, we could lose to any of those teams.

I’m not really looking ahead to the 2nd round. Don’t care if it’s Boston. Winning a first round series will be a major struggle and I don’t think this is a championship team as constructed yet anyway. We had lost 4 of the last 5 games before last night and we are slumping a bit. So if we win a 1st round series that’s a major success and let’s see what we are made of and get it over with and face Boston or whoever. Any second round matchup would be a battle and we can’t duck the best teams forever. But how sweet would it be to even win a playoff series two seasons in a row?
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#233 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:38 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

No I agree with you on all points about this

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us bounced by the magic Cavs or pacers either though. But would rather face them over the bucks 76ers or heat
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,772

Post#234 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
aggo
RealGM

Post#235 » by aggo » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:55 pm

Capn'O wrote:
aggo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

why?

Nah - the Blazers committed to a rebuild and he didn't want to be a part of that. Him moving on made sense for all parties even if there were substantial bumps in the road to get there.

I mean

thats not really what happened.

they gave him a 2 year extension on top of his existing deal for being a good boy and refusing to demand a trade.

then he asked for a trade because they didnt want to trade their top 3 pick
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,389

Post#236 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:56 pm

[quote="robillionaire"][quote="stuporman"]If the Knicks go 4-0 in the final games they can be the 2nd seed, if they go 3-1 the likely spot is the 3rd seed, if they go 2-2 it's probably the 4th seed, if 1-3 makes 5th seed likely and 0-4 they could get knocked all the way down to 6th. The more games they lose, the messier the scenarios get.

That's just my take on it, looking at the team's schedules they are competing with for those seeds. That the Bucks and Magic play each other twice in their final games actually opens up the possibility of the Knicks leapfrogging those two, coupled with the difficulty of their other games, too.[/quote]

I’d be fine landing 3rd 4th or even 5th. I’d prefer to play the Magic Pacers or even the floundering Bucks over Miami or Philly. And sure, we could lose to any of those teams.

I’m not really looking ahead to the 2nd round. Don’t care if it’s Boston. Winning a first round series will be a major struggle and I don’t think this is a championship team as constructed yet anyway. We had lost 4 of the last 5 games before last night and we are slumping a bit. So if we win a 1st round series that’s a major success and let’s see what we are made of and get it over with and face Boston or whoever. Any second round matchup would be a battle and we can’t duck the best teams forever. But how sweet would it be to even win a playoff series two seasons in a row?[/quote]

Were the Knicks really slumping? If you look at losing 4 of 5 without the context of what actually happened in those games then you would get fooled. They were two shots from being 3-2 over that same 5 games after coming off a 3 game win streak and then beating the Bucks.

They were two shots from being 7-2 over the last 9 games instead of being 5-4, this is slumping? Not even close. Now, I'll agree they have had periodic stretches of games they struggle for various reasons, mostly injuries, but also schedule and an ejection but it's difficult to suggest it's a slump.

I agree the 7/8 seeds this year will be a trap if it's Heat/Sixers and I wouldn't want the Knicks to have to face that trap. Although, I think the Knicks still can take a step forward to the ECF if they don't face the Celtics early, even if their ceiling seems capped this season because of injuries.

This is why my preferred seed is 3rd, I don't know the odds or probabilities but it appears as if that is their most likely landing spot which would also be a step forward in regular season seeding success from last year and opens the path to playoff advancement progress over last year.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
aggo
RealGM

Post#237 » by aggo » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:05 pm

one detail ive noticed watching the team is that we sometimes crowd the ball handler a little too hard and that's why you see so much dribble drive vs us.

we are very good at help defense and rotations, but our style of defense is very high risk high reward

bc our help defense and rotations are so solid, I kinda wish we played a little softer on the perimeter and let teams shoot more jumpers.

Read on Twitter
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,439

Post#238 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:34 pm

aggo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
aggo wrote:
why?

I mean

thats not really what happened.

they gave him a 2 year extension on top of his existing deal for being a good boy and refusing to demand a trade.

then he asked for a trade because they didnt want to trade their top 3 pick

They also sold off Hart, who with Dame had the best on/off on the team, a year after selling off McCollum and shut down Lillard and others when they still had a shot at the play-in. There were a couple of potential consolidation points that they didn't take. At the very least they had a hand in both pots.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,167

Post#239 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:35 pm

robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

No I agree with you on all points about this

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us bounced by the magic Cavs or pacers either though. But would rather face them over the bucks 76ers or heat

of course we can still lose but if OG is healthy enough for those series...and we don't win a series that would be a really big disappointment.,
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,265

Post#240 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:46 pm

aggo wrote:one detail ive noticed watching the team is that we sometimes crowd the ball handler a little too hard and that's why you see so much dribble drive vs us.

we are very good at help defense and rotations, but our style of defense is very high risk high reward

bc our help defense and rotations are so solid, I kinda wish we played a little softer on the perimeter and let teams shoot more jumpers.

Read on Twitter

Thanks for sharing that video. Elite.

Return to New York Knicks