ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Seeding Thread: The race for 2nd

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Re: Playoff Seeding Thread: The race for 2nd 

Post#81 » by aggo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:36 am

Mfers be like

We got metal bats no one wanna come play us for 2 hrs we too physical.

Then:
Nooooooo I don’t wanna play embiid the only guy in the league that falls to the deck more than Brunson. Our bats aren’t sting enough to take out embiids knees
The Vo Show
Pro Prospect
And1: 738

Post#82 » by The Vo Show » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:42 am

If you look at the games, its:

Pacers vs Hawks

Cavs vs Hornets

Heat vs Raptors

Knicks vs Bulls

Magic vs Bucks

76ers vs Nets

If you break it down, the most likely scenarios are:

1) Pacers win, Cavs win, Heat win, Knicks win, Magic win, 76ers win. I think the Pacers, Cavs, Heat and 76ers have a high chance of winning vs teams who don't want to win or don't care to. The Knicks are likely to beat the Bulls since they are basically locked into the 9 seed. The Magic probably beat the Bucks because no Giannis.

This results in Knicks 2nd vs winner of 76ers/Heat at 7th.

2) Second scenario is that the Knicks lose and all those other teams win like in scenario 1. The result is the Knicks 4th vs Magic 5th.

I think this is our best case scenario for the first round but then we're vs Boston in the 2nd. Not sure if I'd rather play against the Heat or 76ers in the first round and then the winner of Bucks/Pacers in the 2nd or Magic in the first round and Boston in the 2nd.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#83 » by Adelheid » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:47 am

it dont matter much to me what seed we end up as long as the remainder of the roster is healthy and ready to go
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#84 » by movingon » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:51 am

A lot is riding on the Bucks / Magic game tomorrow.

- The Cavs game has no bearing, they're locked in 4th.
- The Pacers will very likely beat the Hawks to ensure they stay out of the play-in
- The sixers are on a roll, I doubt they lose to the Nets

In that scenario, if the Knicks win we either play the Sixers in the 3-6 matchup or the winner of the Sixers / Heat in the 2-7 matchup.
If the Knicks lose, we get the Pacers in the 3-6 if the Magic win.
If the Magic also lose, we get the Sixers in the 3-6 match-up.

I think the Knicks sit key guys against the Bulls, the 2nd seed would buy us nothing.
We had a great regular season, capped off by that win over the Celtics.
Time to heal up and get ready for the playoffs.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,567

Post#85 » by HopelessKnick » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:52 am

The Vo Show wrote:If you look at the games, its:

Pacers vs Hawks

Cavs vs Hornets

Heat vs Raptors

Knicks vs Bulls

Magic vs Bucks

76ers vs Nets

If you break it down, the most likely scenarios are:

1) Pacers win, Cavs win, Heat win, Knicks win, Magic win, 76ers win. I think the Pacers, Cavs, Heat and 76ers have a high chance of winning vs teams who don't want to win or don't care to. The Knicks are likely to beat the Bulls since they are basically locked into the 9 seed. The Magic probably beat the Bucks because no Giannis.

This results in Knicks 2nd vs winner of 76ers/Heat at 7th.

2) Second scenario is that the Knicks lose and all those other teams win like in scenario 1. The result is the Knicks 4th vs Magic 5th.

I think this is our best case scenario for the first round but then we're vs Boston in the 2nd. Not sure if I'd rather play against the Heat or 76ers in the first round and then the winner of Bucks/Pacers in the 2nd or Magic in the first round and Boston in the 2nd.

I don't think there is any scenario where we end up 4th anymore. We hold the tiebreaker over Cleveland. That ship has sailed already, it is 2nd or 3rd.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,263

Post#86 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:02 am

movingon wrote:A lot is riding on the Bucks / Magic game tomorrow.

- The Pacers will very likely beat the Hawks to ensure they stay out of the play-in

In that scenario, if the Knicks win we either play the Sixers in the 3-6 matchup or the winner of the Sixers / Heat in the 2-7 matchup.

I think the Knicks sit key guys against the Bulls, the 2nd seed would buy us nothing.

If the Bucks lose to Orlando and the Cavs win, the Cavs would be the #3 seed (since the season series was even, the next tiebreaker is the divisional record). If the Knicks also lose, then it would be a three-way tie. In the event of a three-way tie, the higher seed goes to the division winner. That would be Cleveland. Then the next tiebreak would be New York and Milwaukee and the Bucks won the head-to-head 3-2. So the Knicks would fall to the 4th seed and face Orlando.

So your matchups would look like this:

1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Milwaukee
4. New York
5. Orlando
------

So basically the Knicks should try to win on Sunday to guarantee them no worse than the 3rd seed.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#87 » by movingon » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:37 am

Thanks for the correction.
Not 100% sure I wouldn't take the 4-5 vs Orlando

Chuck Everett wrote:
movingon wrote:A lot is riding on the Bucks / Magic game tomorrow.

If the Bucks lose to Orlando and the Cavs win, the Cavs would be the #3 seed (since the season series was even, the next tiebreaker is the divisional record). If the Knicks also lose, then it would be a three-way tie. In the event of a three-way tie, the higher seed goes to the division winner. That would be Cleveland. Then the next tiebreak would be New York and Milwaukee and the Bucks won the head-to-head 3-2. So the Knicks would fall to the 4th seed and face Orlando.

So your matchups would look like this:

1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Milwaukee
4. New York
5. Orlando
------

So basically the Knicks should try to win on Sunday to guarantee them no worse than the 3rd seed.
Montmorencie
Bench Warmer
And1: 839

Post#88 » by Montmorencie » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:29 am

Give me that fraud Embiid and lets go against the Bucks in the second round with homecourt.
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 680

Post#89 » by ForzaMetro » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:27 pm

Here is the dream scenario:

Every home team except Indiana wins on Sunday, followed by Indiana beating Miami in the 7/8 play-in:

1 Boston v 8 Miami
4 Milwaukee v 5 Philadelphia

3 Cleveland v 6 Orlando
2 New York v 7 Indiana

(The Pacers are 13 pt favorites against the Hawks tomorrow, so I’m not at all expecting this to play out)
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,497

Post#90 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:43 pm

aggo wrote:Mfers be like

We got metal bats no one wanna come play us for 2 hrs we too physical.

Then:
Nooooooo I don’t wanna play embiid the only guy in the league that falls to the deck more than Brunson. Our bats aren’t sting enough to take out embiids knees

If any Knicks fan needs to shave their hoo ha that badly, I've got a razor (no lube) and a bus ticket to Boston for them
ImageImageImage
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,602

Post#91 » by cgmw » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:43 pm

Montmorencie wrote:Give me that fraud Embiid and lets go against the Bucks in the second round with homecourt.

Brunson would become known as the Giant Killer. Taking out Boston in the ECF and facing Denver in the Finals.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,497

Post#92 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:45 pm

cgmw wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:Give me that fraud Embiid and lets go against the Bucks in the second round with homecourt.

Brunson would become known as the Giant Killer. Taking out Boston in the ECF and facing Denver in the Finals.

ImageImageImage
TKKnicks1
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,728

Post#93 » by TKKnicks1 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:47 pm

Reports coming out that Embiid hurt his repaired knee again last night. He might sit out the final game. Things just keep getting more interesting.
~I Believe!~
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,473

Post#94 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:30 pm

It's crazy how a win or two during the season could end up being our demise. Playing young teams like Orlando or Indiana or a rematch with Cleveland is A LOT easier then playing Philly with Embiid and those seasoned war vets in Miami. We honestly would have been better off staying 4th or 5th but it is what it is. Let's see where we end up. I will admit I do not like our chances against Embiid or Playoff Jimmy Butler and Spoelstra in a 7 game series.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#95 » by KnixinSix » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:40 pm

We have trounced a healthy Philly team on numerous occasions. My worry is playing a dirty Heat team that resorts to purposely trying to injure players when they are outmatched. This Knicks team can hit the 3 ball so much better than last years version and has infinitely better spacing on the court. We can beat either of those teams with the only worry that Miami tries to injure our players like they have everytime we play them.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,612

Post#96 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:35 pm

Dream scenario is getting that 2nd seed and still facing Pacers

So, Knicks win, Bucks lose against Magic, Pacers lose against Hawks and Sixers win right? Dont know who holds the tiebreaker between Pacers & Heat

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#97 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:37 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:It's crazy how a win or two during the season could end up being our demise. Playing young teams like Orlando or Indiana or a rematch with Cleveland is A LOT easier then playing Philly with Embiid and those seasoned war vets in Miami. We honestly would have been better off staying 4th or 5th but it is what it is. Let's see where we end up. I will admit I do not like our chances against Embiid or Playoff Jimmy Butler and Spoelstra in a 7 game series.

4 or 5 isnt good with Celtics looming next round, better see them later when they can fold under pressure. Embiid is already injured anyway

El Poochio

Post#98 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:38 pm

ForzaMetro wrote:Here is the dream scenario:

Every home team except Indiana wins on Sunday, followed by Indiana beating Miami in the 7/8 play-in:

1 Boston v 8 Miami
4 Milwaukee v 5 Philadelphia

3 Cleveland v 6 Orlando
2 New York v 7 Indiana

(The Pacers are 13 pt favorites against the Hawks tomorrow, so I’m not at all expecting this to play out)

This

Imagine Heat upsets Celtics again

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,731

Post#99 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 822

Post#100 » by KOA » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:26 pm

I think people are really overrating Miami.
They are a 500 ball club since the Rozier trade.

They are also actually worse when Herro and Rozier play together because they lose their strength which is defense and replace it with inefficient chucking.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them lose in the play-in

Return to New York Knicks