ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Seeding Thread: The race for 2nd

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,556

Re: Playoff Seeding Thread: The race for 2nd 

Post#61 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:34 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Embiid is an elite defender, and our centers that can't shoot allow him to just camp in the paint. I see why Team villain exists now.

I-Hart and other similar big men have proven you don't need to be a shooter against Joel. That's poor defense to drop coverage and allow I-Hart clean passes.

That's not true, he has dominated interior bigs in the playoffs, he averaged 30/13/4 against Capella while playing with a torn meniscus. What kills Embiid is guarding Cs that stretch the floor and can also defend him 1 v 1, it's why Gasol and Horford have done so well against him in the playoffs because he can't rest on defense, you have to attack him with shooting. If he isn't spaced out on defense he just camps in the lane and reserves energy for offense.

Also, I wouldn't doubt that Nurse would run a box and 1 against us with Melton/Lowry on Brunson all game while the rest of the team is zoned up, the same way he did against the Warriors and has done against Luka.
Hey...are you watching the Celtics game? :lol:
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,709

Post#62 » by Knick4Real » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:22 am

I'm good at 3rd place if it means avoiding Philly or Miami. Let somebody else take them down
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,303

Post#63 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:31 am

Knick4Real wrote:I'm good at 3rd place if it means avoiding Philly or Miami. Let somebody else take them down

At this point, it's hard to tell. Any of these guys could move up to 6. Tomorrow has some interesting games that are going to determine a lot.

Cavs vs Pacers
Magic vs Sixers
Bucks vs Thunder
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#64 » by sol537 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:41 am

I think we should try to win against the Nets tomorrow then tank the last game (ie rest everybody)
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 822

Post#65 » by KOA » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:13 am

I fully expect at least one upset in the play-in. Chicago and Atlanta are not a cake walk and anything can happen in a 1 game series
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#66 » by JBreezeNY » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:14 am

Knick4Real wrote:I'm good at 3rd place if it means avoiding Philly or Miami. Let somebody else take them down

I’m right with you.

Up until about 30 mins ago I was all about trying to get the 2nd seed, show everyone they doubted us….but after thinking about it. I really just want a finals berth or at least a ECF appearance.

All that 1st seed/2nd seed sh*t is cool when you OKC and you’re a bunch a young pups. But when you got a slightly older team you just want them to play out their strategies smarter.

Avoiding Philly with a motivated Embiid until later, is playing with a full deck.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,567

Post#67 » by HopelessKnick » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:29 am

I think the 3rd seed is ours now.

The thing with Philly is that they will likely try to get to that 6th seed at all costs. However, Indy is holding the tiebreaker between them so I don't think they'll make it.

The Bucks have OKC and the Magic left. They are likely going to split or lose both games without Giannis. So indeed the third seed is going to be much better than the 2nd seed here. Milwaukee holds the tie breaker against us so we better tank the last game if it means facing Philly in the first round.
TKKnicks1
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,728

Post#68 » by TKKnicks1 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:07 pm

Ideally I would like for us to stay at 3rd and have the Magic fall to 6th. I think it's the most beneficial of the matchups. Pacers offense when clicking is scary. Sixers got two legit stars. Miami is Miami.
~I Believe!~
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,567

Post#69 » by HopelessKnick » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:22 pm

TKKnicks1 wrote:Ideally I would like for us to stay at 3rd and have the Magic fall to 6th. I think it's the most beneficial of the matchups. Pacers offense when clicking is scary. Sixers got two legit stars. Miami is Miami.

Without Julius all matchups will be difficult and any first round win is a big big plus. I do however feel like the Magic's tough style of play and size and lengths and toughness may neutralize us more than Indy. Brunson could likely average 40 points against Indy and I trust the rest of our team to get enough stops and everything to pull it out.

However you are in good company about the Indy prediction. I think Barkley and Shaq both had the Pacers beating the Knicks in a potential playoff matchup.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,012

Post#70 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:23 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:I think the 3rd seed is ours now.

The thing with Philly is that they will likely try to get to that 6th seed at all costs. However, Indy is holding the tiebreaker between them so I don't think they'll make it.

The Bucks have OKC and the Magic left. They are likely going to split or lose both games without Giannis. So indeed the third seed is going to be much better than the 2nd seed here. Milwaukee holds the tie breaker against us so we better tank the last game if it means facing Philly in the first round.

there's a scenario in which philly beats orlando and indy beats cleveland tonight. that would put indy in the 4 seed, cleveland 5, philly 6, and orlando 7.

i can't even put that energy into seed watching right now. we control what we control. beat whoever is in front of us.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#71 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:00 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:I think the 3rd seed is ours now.

there's a scenario in which philly beats orlando and indy beats cleveland tonight. that would put indy in the 4 seed, cleveland 5, philly 6, and orlando 7.

i can't even put that energy into seed watching right now. we control what we control. beat whoever is in front of us.

Winning the next two guarantees a top three seed. That's progress. 4th seed/missed playoffs/5th seed/2-3 seed. One of the best teams in the conference and the league three of the last 4 years. This is uncharted territory for quite a few fans around here. :o
:beer: RIP mags
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,550

Post#72 » by Wildcat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:03 am

Orlando, Philly, and Pacers all tied. Wooow. Thy win their last game and 76ers seem to still be 7th. Standings don't seem updated.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,985

Post#73 » by knicks94 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:21 am

I just hope we don’t have to face Siakim. That guy is scary.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,721

Post#74 » by mpharris36 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:22 am

Philly is hands down our likely matchup regardless if we finish 2nd or 3rd seed.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#75 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:26 am

mpharris36 wrote:Philly is hands down our likely matchup regardless if we finish 2nd or 3rd seed.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#76 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:44 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Post#77 » by seren » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:45 am

Most likely scenario: Orlando loses to Bucks while Indiana and Philly win their games. Orlando drops to 7th and we face Philly. Exactly the outcome I didn’t want.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,303

Post#78 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:03 am

Eff it, I have no idea what's gonna happen so just give me 50.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,497

Post#79 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:09 am

mpharris36 wrote:Philly is hands down our likely matchup regardless if we finish 2nd or 3rd seed.

It could just as easily be Indy. Too many variables on the final day Sunday to put probabilities on anything
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,497

Post#80 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:14 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:Eff it, I have no idea what's gonna happen so just give me 50.

Yeah, just win it and leave it to the Bucks to determine if we take 2nd or 3rd. Either are good.

TBH, I prefer second because I want to to crush shaved pussy in the ECF

I think we should trust our ability to beat everyone else in our path.

So Fck Bam and Pat Riley, because:

;ab_channel=3chicspolitico

I think everyone on this board should man up and accept whomever we face as the task at hand instead of wishing for the easiest path forward. Screw that. Let the chips fall where they land and then take care of business. Do you guys want a championship team or a lucky team? The last I checked luck doesn't get you a ring. Leave that easy path stuff for the shaved pussies
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks