ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Bulls- 4/9/24

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,419
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: PG: Knicks vs Bulls- 4/9/24 

Post#181 » by BKlutch » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:36 am

F N 11 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:How Jalen Brunson’s constant movement is a staple for the Knicks offense

Fred Katz
Apr 10, 2024

https://theathletic.com/5404756/2024/04/10/jalen-brunson-movement-knicks/

2X COY

GTFOH I knew it. I haven’t seen this much off ball screens in my life as well. Thibs got his flaws but this is a plus. We encourage double teams more than ever because Hartenstein either going to finish or kick it for an open 3. Josh Hart has been effective in that role at times as well. Now instead of RJ my guy it’s 40 percent shooters from 3 spotting up. I have to respect Thibs going small as well which I never thought I would see. Thanks to OG!!

Yes I really think OG was the piece of the puzzle that made it all clear for Thibs. He needed him for defense but OG on offense is a crafty, sneaky gem. He goes where he'll be needed and they plan for it in real time. Yes!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,419
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#182 » by BKlutch » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:39 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:How Jalen Brunson’s constant movement is a staple for the Knicks offense

Fred Katz
Apr 10, 2024

https://theathletic.com/5404756/2024/04/10/jalen-brunson-movement-knicks/

2X COY

Coolest part of this article

Since the Randle injury, only three qualifying NBA players are scampering around more dribble handoffs, per Second Spectrum. Only five are traversing more off-ball screens. The guy directly ahead of him is the only other All-Star point guard on the list: Stephen Curry.

I think people really downplay offball movement as a skill. A lot of stars can't do that -- it's why they can't play with each other or start taking turns or look awkward. You can't really jam guys together and expect them to do this. It's also unbelievable to me that some people will criticize Curry for doing this. To me, it's a sign of humility, trust and empowering your teammates. It's basically the essence of great point guard play if you can do this for your team.

I also think that, as much as I appreciate Mitch and his contract, that iHart might be the guy moving forward. He can play the "Draymond" role if needed.

I rarely agree with everything someone posts, but when I do, it's because you're right. This is it, and this is our team personality. Anyone we sign HAS TO fit into this scheme or we don't want them. We have high character, bright players at every position. And a coach who probably thinks he's getting manna from heaven to find players who fit his mold. I love the way this team plays and I love this team.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,109

Post#183 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:43 am

Free Palestine
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,736

Post#184 » by cgmw » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:53 am

Context wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Context wrote:Every practice that he works out in improves his conditioning...

People keep saying conditioning when what they mean is he’s overweight. Weight is a product of diet, not lack of cardio. It’s a shame he came back at this size.

You can get your cardio back in a week or two, but there’s no amount of running that will shed 10-20 lbs in 2 weeks. Dude should have been on a diet and clearly wasn’t.

I've been fasting and training since 1998...It really depends on the context of his situation.
First of all- the camera always makes you look bigger. Yes he's added on weight. But do we really know how much of that is body fat and/muscle...I'm not saying he can lose 20 pounds in
14 days...I'm just saying that depending on the condition of his system- he may be able to be at 80 percent by round 2...Its really hard to tell by watching him on a screen CGMW :D

I know a lumbering old fat man when I see one! I feel like Barkley would back me up on this one… “Conditioning” is a euphemism for fat.

He’s getting outjumped for rebounds by guards. That’s not “conditioning” that’s gravity.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,721

Post#185 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:55 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Might be a gift for the Knicks

Read on Twitter
?t=HRUl4zUYQMFuu8KfXc3OyA&s=19

Every single one of them will play tomorrow
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,565

Post#186 » by Context » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:14 am

cgmw wrote:
Context wrote:
cgmw wrote:People keep saying conditioning when what they mean is he’s overweight. Weight is a product of diet, not lack of cardio. It’s a shame he came back at this size.

You can get your cardio back in a week or two, but there’s no amount of running that will shed 10-20 lbs in 2 weeks. Dude should have been on a diet and clearly wasn’t.

I've been fasting and training since 1998...It really depends on the context of his situation.
First of all- the camera always makes you look bigger. Yes he's added on weight. But do we really know how much of that is body fat and/muscle...I'm not saying he can lose 20 pounds in
14 days...I'm just saying that depending on the condition of his system- he may be able to be at 80 percent by round 2...Its really hard to tell by watching him on a screen CGMW :D

I know a lumbering old fat man when I see one! I feel like Barkley would back me up on this one… “Conditioning” is a euphemism for fat.

He’s getting outjumped for rebounds by guards. That’s not “conditioning” that’s gravity.

:lol:

He definitely doesnt look like the Mitch of old. I havent watch Mitch play in a couple of years
before I started watching Knick games again this season...

I'm going to reserve judgment until the 2nd round Cgmw...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#187 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:20 am

Context wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Context wrote:I've been fasting and training since 1998...It really depends on the context of his situation.

He definitely doesnt look like the Mitch of old. I havent watch Mitch play in a couple of years

May the evil spirit known as Shamm visit you as you you both lay in your beds, butt naked, and drives a large vibrating dildo up your azzzzzzezzzzzzz. :lol:
Free Palestine
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,565

Post#188 » by Context » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:17 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Context wrote:
cgmw wrote:I know a lumbering old fat man when I see one! I feel like Barkley would back me up on this one… “Conditioning” is a euphemism for fat.

May the evil spirit known as Shamm visit you as you you both lay in your beds, butt naked, and drives a large vibrating dildo up your azzzzzzezzzzzzz. :lol:

PAAAUSE WINGO!

Mitch doesnt look done to me- he looks like he still has the will...we shall see what the body has to say...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#189 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:32 am

Context wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Context wrote: :lol:

PAAAUSE WINGO!

Mitch doesnt look done to me- he looks like he still has the will...we shall see what the body has to say...

:lol: Just trying to add a little spice to the conversation, ya know what I mean?
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks