ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Bulls- 4/9/24

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,497

Re: PG: Knicks vs Bulls- 4/9/24 

Post#121 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:29 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:Does anybody konw what happens in case of a three-way tie with Cleveland and Orlando?

Rugby
ImageImageImage
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,734

Post#122 » by Fat Kat » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#123 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 pm

Tron Carter wrote:Mitch’s conditioning looks terrible and we don’t have many games left to get him in shape.

OG looking fully healthy is the biggest news.

He gives us 10 minutes now, 15-20 minutes by the 2nd round. He won't be burnt out at least and he'll get his legs back gradually
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#124 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:38 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:All of the starters balled out. Im sure we’ll miss Julius at times, but I love the speed, ball movement, defense, and spacing of Jalen, Donte, Josh, OG, and Isaiah.

Torrey Craig is a clown.

Am I alone in thinking Gus Johnson sucks now though? He says so many cringe things, barely knows the players, and just doesnt have good chemistry with Clyde. I used to enjoy his schtick 20 years ago, but he’s been away from the NBA game too long it seems.

thank god I’m not alone on Gus. Such a painful listen

there was a few folks in the game thread who highlighted that about gus. the line about us most likely losing ihart rubbed me all the way wrong no diddy :lol:

Same reaction. At least frame it as a possibility, not a certainty
ImageImageImage
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,474

Post#125 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:38 pm

moocow007 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Good thing Ryan Arcidiancono wasn't still on the team or it would have made for an uncomfortable situation. :lol:

They really need to go away from that dumb rule that you can't resign back a player you just traded and that teams waives him. We used to do that a lot with Herb Williams. Wished Achie was here on the bench cheerleading and pointing out 3 second violations.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#126 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Brunson has been a top 8 player all season, but I think we knew that, it's the media who has been asleep at the wheel.

OG getting his rhythm back offensively is what puts this team into a position where the only match up I have concerns about is Boston. Otherwise, all this talk about the Knicks need to avoid certain 1st round match ups is irrelevant to me. They will beat who gets put in front of them.

The only question mark I have is bench support. Mitch is not in game shape, Bojan has to give the team more and Deuce is not playoff tested. But, it is what it is at this point, these are the 8 guys who will be on the floor. I just don't like the idea of Hart having to play 48 mins every game but there's literally no other choice.

I think Deuce will have some off shooting nights like last game, but I don't expect him to have the yips and lose his scoring ability. My expectation for him is he will be a pivotal player at some point in the playoffs.

Mitch only has 10 minutes in his gas tank right now. It may take until the end of the first round to get his wind back. I'm not that worried about him, though I wish he came back carrying less weight to shed.

The big development is OG is actually back for real now and he looks good. Our spacing has improved dramatically. He's getting to the point where defenses will now have to know were he is on the floor because he hits threes, cuts into the lane AND he will take the ball off the dribble at the top of the key and go inside. I know some people say his dribble isn't all that, but he is a legit threat to score regardless. His growing aggression the past two games shows he is ready and willing to be a scoring option for us.

OG's defense is key of course, but we shouldn't underestimate his value to our offense now too. He really does fill a good part of the void left by Randle. Even if he gets 18 points to Randle's 25 points he does provide gravity and creates spacing being on the floor. When you consider how much else he contributes that Randle does not on defense, our fortunes now rest a great deal on how durable OG is during these playoffs. If he is able to put out for 35 minutes a game, we're going to stir some chit up.
ImageImageImage
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,721

Post#127 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:54 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Brunson should be 1st team all NBA he just cooked one of best perimeter defenders in the sport.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,406

Post#128 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:58 pm

Arch would be a big upgrade over Burks..... Getting those 3 second calls are better then anything Burks brings to the table
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,303

Post#129 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:03 pm

How many shots did Brunson take last night? 24 shots for 45 points. Disgusting.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,721

Post#130 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm

I think the most wild stat is the knicks are 17-3 with OG in the lineup.

He hasn't recorded a negative +/- in any game as a knicks thus far. You know how ridiculous that is...20 straight games with a positive +/-

Read on Twitter
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,657

Post#131 » by Lord Commander » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:18 pm

Chislic wrote:
Read on Twitter

Truer words have NEVAH been spoken!!
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,406

Post#132 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:I think the most wild stat is the knicks are 17-3 with OG in the lineup.

He hasn't recorded a negative +/- in any game as a knicks thus far. You know how ridiculous that is...20 straight games with a positive +/-

Read on Twitter

It's crazy the impact he has. Perfect fit
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,657

Post#133 » by Lord Commander » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:28 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't drop the pass...
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,734

Post#134 » by Fat Kat » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:41 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,708

Post#135 » by Buttah304 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:56 pm

My concern with Bojan is the time spent on the floor with McBride. They have zero chemistry. We can all see how well Deuce plays off ball, especially with Brunson breaking down the defense. Statistically speaking, when Bojan and Deuce share the court the overall pace is significantly slower, their offensive rating together is nothing to write home about and their TS pairing is at 54%. The eye test shows it as well. It’s alot of east/west action throwing the ball around the perimeter but the plays never really feel like they are developing. Would be nice to figure out a way to get Brunson some more time with Bojan because it’s the only way I feel he’s unlocked. At the moment.

Bojan is averaging 19min per game, 12 of which are spent with Deuce and another 7 with Jalen. It’s a very small sample size but when the 3 of them have shared the floor they are +2.4 with 58/56 shooting splits.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,556

Post#136 » by RHODEY » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:05 pm

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,602

Post#137 » by cgmw » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 pm

Buttah304 wrote:My concern with Bojan is the time spent on the floor with McBride. They have zero chemistry. We can all see how well Deuce plays off ball, especially with Brunson breaking down the defense. Statistically speaking, when Bojan and Deuce share the court the overall pace is significantly slower, their offensive rating together is nothing to write home about and their TS pairing is at 54%. The eye test shows it as well. It’s alot of east/west action throwing the ball around the perimeter but the plays never really feel like they are developing. Would be nice to figure out a way to get Brunson some more time with Bojan because it’s the only way I feel he’s unlocked. At the moment.

Bojan is averaging 19min per game, 12 of which are spent with Deuce and another 7 with Jalen. It’s a very small sample size but when the 3 of them have shared the floor they are +2.4 with 58/56 shooting splits.

Nobody wants to admit it but from here on out, Thibs is going to split 30 total minutes between Deuce and Bojan depending on matchups and hot hand.

Hartenstein/Mitch (48)
OG (42)
Josh (42)
DDV (42)
Brunson (42)

Deuce (20)
Bojan (10)

That’s your playoff picture. Bojan can play more but he needs to come out hot with favorable defensive matchups or it’s Deuce time. Obviously foul trouble for OG or Josh changes things too, but Thibs has made himself abundantly clear on who he is.

He’s playing 4 guys over 40 mpg from now on while a C is on the court at all times.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,383
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#138 » by BKlutch » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:16 pm

How Jalen Brunson’s constant movement is a staple for the Knicks offense

Fred Katz
Apr 10, 2024

Brunson credits his concentration for these types of reads. He’s so locked into his defender, into Hartenstein, that he can detect when someone loses him, no matter how subtle.

“When it’s time to win, you got no other choice,” he said.

But the choices Brunson and the Knicks have made, especially over the past few months, have stood out — and not just because of these extra-effort plays that generate open looks against even the best defenders. Brunson has never relied this much on moving without the ball. And why it’s occurring now is no coincidence.

There is a clear marker: Jan. 29. That was the first time the Knicks played after Julius Randle suffered the dislocated shoulder that would eventually end his season. It was then that Brunson’s style fundamentally changed.

With Randle gone, defenses could key in on Brunson with a gusto they hadn’t before. Getting open would not be as easy as it once was for the 27-year-old.

So when defenses trap Brunson, New York head coach Tom Thibodeau encourages him to give up the basketball quickly and then free himself without the rock. Since the Randle injury, the Knicks have run him around more off-ball screens than ever. Brunson uses dribble handoffs nearly twice as often.

“It started working,” Brunson said. “And then we said, ‘F— it, let’s keep doing it.’ ”

They haven’t stopped...

https://theathletic.com/5404756/2024/04/10/jalen-brunson-movement-knicks/

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#139 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:28 pm

mpharris36 wrote:I think the most wild stat is the knicks are 17-3 with OG in the lineup.

Read on Twitter

Made me decide to check on a few things because I guess I'm a masochist:

With Brunson/OG/Randle on the Knicks were +26.1 per 100 possessions

With OG/Randle on and Brunson off they were still +20.1 per 100. So the Knicks were resting their best player and still absolutely murdering teams :lol:

i'm not giving up on this team obviously, but it's hard for me to not think about what could have been had Jaime Jaquez not existed to be a try-hard rookie :noway: :lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,682

Post#140 » by KnicksGod » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:30 pm

Lord Commander wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't drop the pass...

That's Bogdanovic with a monster block or fuuuu

Return to New York Knicks