ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Bulls- 4/9/24

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,009

Re: PG: Knicks vs Bulls- 4/9/24 

Post#161 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:26 pm

BKlutch wrote:How Jalen Brunson’s constant movement is a staple for the Knicks offense

Fred Katz
Apr 10, 2024

Brunson credits his concentration for these types of reads. He’s so locked into his defender, into Hartenstein, that he can detect when someone loses him, no matter how subtle.

“When it’s time to win, you got no other choice,” he said.

But the choices Brunson and the Knicks have made, especially over the past few months, have stood out — and not just because of these extra-effort plays that generate open looks against even the best defenders. Brunson has never relied this much on moving without the ball. And why it’s occurring now is no coincidence.

There is a clear marker: Jan. 29. That was the first time the Knicks played after Julius Randle suffered the dislocated shoulder that would eventually end his season. It was then that Brunson’s style fundamentally changed.

With Randle gone, defenses could key in on Brunson with a gusto they hadn’t before. Getting open would not be as easy as it once was for the 27-year-old.

So when defenses trap Brunson, New York head coach Tom Thibodeau encourages him to give up the basketball quickly and then free himself without the rock. Since the Randle injury, the Knicks have run him around more off-ball screens than ever. Brunson uses dribble handoffs nearly twice as often.

“It started working,” Brunson said. “And then we said, ‘F— it, let’s keep doing it.’ ”

They haven’t stopped...

https://theathletic.com/5404756/2024/04/10/jalen-brunson-movement-knicks/

2X COY
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,479

Post#162 » by Capn'O » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:48 pm

F N 11 wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Brunson is so good. I'm starting to think he is the best Knick I've ever seen.

I’m 35 he’s the best I’ve seen.

I have him as clear best offensive player I've seen in a Knicks uni. He can catch Pat but needs a little more playoff hardware. I think he can get it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,918

Post#163 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:56 pm

Brunson is not better than Ewing lol Brunson is a better scorer but Ewing was a better defender. Brunson is better than Melo though
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,187

Post#164 » by Tron Carter » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:37 pm

I can’t take anybody seriously who still thinks Melo is a better Knick than Brunson. I was a little too young for Ewing’s prime years but JB is far and away the best offensive player I’ve ever seen don a Knicks uniform. Best leader too.
R.I.P Black Mamba
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,143

Post#165 » by cgf » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:45 pm

Was a really fun game to be at in general. But the Craig-Drummond alley-oop and spending the second half of the game listening in to the conversations of of this group of girls who had never seen a basketball game before in the row behind me made it an absolute blast. Especially when they started asking each other why the bulls 'were just letting #11 do whatever he wanted' and once they found out Jalen played HS ball in Illinois all agreed that the Bulls 'needed to bring him back home' :laugh:

Wasn't sober enough to have much to contribute other than how awesome Jalen is...but it was a rough night for Bojan. So many bad decisions from him in the 10-12 minutes he played.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,863

Post#166 » by Context » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:48 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

:nod:

Knick family...stay close...dont think it will be this year but it's coming...it was written and the Brunsons we're destine to lead us there...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#167 » by Context » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:49 pm

Tron Carter wrote:Mitch’s conditioning looks terrible and we don’t have many games left to get him in shape.

OG looking fully healthy is the biggest news.

Every practice that he works out in improves his conditioning...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,404

Post#168 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:26 pm

Might be a gift for the Knicks

Read on Twitter
?t=HRUl4zUYQMFuu8KfXc3OyA&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,103

Post#169 » by Besart19 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:40 pm

Randle, Mitch and picks for a superstar without injury history

Bogdanovic and fillers plus picks for a SF or a 6th man

Davis / Hartenstein / Sims / draft
Anunoby / Achiuwa / vet
MB or DDR / Hart / draft
Donte / MLE / draft / vet
Brunson / McBride / Jokas

17 men rotation
Strength and Honour!
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,602

Post#170 » by cgmw » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:00 pm

Context wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:Mitch’s conditioning looks terrible and we don’t have many games left to get him in shape.

People keep saying conditioning when what they mean is he’s overweight. Weight is a product of diet, not lack of cardio. It’s a shame he came back at this size.

You can get your cardio back in a week or two, but there’s no amount of running that will shed 10-20 lbs in 2 weeks. Dude should have been on a diet and clearly wasn’t.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,979

Post#171 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:10 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Might be a gift for the Knicks

Read on Twitter

Nah they'll all play just to f*ck us over, thats just what teams do against us every time. Look at how many players come back for 1 game against us and then sit again.

SGA being most recent.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,971

Post#172 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:18 pm

Capn'O wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Brunson is so good. I'm starting to think he is the best Knick I've ever seen.

I’m 35 he’s the best I’ve seen.

I have him as clear best offensive player I've seen in a Knicks uni. He can catch Pat but needs a little more playoff hardware. I think he can get it.

I became a fan in 99 so Brunson the best Ive seen. I can’t appreciate Pat as much as others but from what I know, Pat is the man. From my own eyes, Brunson the best Knick I’ve seen based on scoring, skill and galvanizing without accolades attached.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#173 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:19 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:

Read on Twitter

Nah they'll all play just to f*ck us over, thats just what teams do against us every time. Look at how many players come back for 1 game against us and then sit again.

SGA being most recent.

They would play and say it’s a good test for the playoffs. Likely they won’t but with our luck anything is possible.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#174 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:24 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:How Jalen Brunson’s constant movement is a staple for the Knicks offense

Fred Katz
Apr 10, 2024

Brunson credits his concentration for these types of reads. He’s so locked into his defender, into Hartenstein, that he can detect when someone loses him, no matter how subtle.

But the choices Brunson and the Knicks have made, especially over the past few months, have stood out — and not just because of these extra-effort plays that generate open looks against even the best defenders. Brunson has never relied this much on moving without the ball. And why it’s occurring now is no coincidence.

There is a clear marker: Jan. 29. That was the first time the Knicks played after Julius Randle suffered the dislocated shoulder that would eventually end his season. It was then that Brunson’s style fundamentally changed.

With Randle gone, defenses could key in on Brunson with a gusto they hadn’t before. Getting open would not be as easy as it once was for the 27-year-old.

So when defenses trap Brunson, New York head coach Tom Thibodeau encourages him to give up the basketball quickly and then free himself without the rock. Since the Randle injury, the Knicks have run him around more off-ball screens than ever. Brunson uses dribble handoffs nearly twice as often.

“It started working,” Brunson said. “And then we said, ‘F— it, let’s keep doing it.’ ”

They haven’t stopped...

2X COY

GTFOH I knew it. I haven’t seen this much off ball screens in my life as well. Thibs got his flaws but this is a plus. We encourage double teams more than ever because Hartenstein either going to finish or kick it for an open 3. Josh Hart has been effective in that role at times as well. Now instead of RJ my guy it’s 40 percent shooters from 3 spotting up. I have to respect Thibs going small as well which I never thought I would see. Thanks to OG!!
Context
RealGM

Post#175 » by Context » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:56 pm

cgmw wrote:
Context wrote:

People keep saying conditioning when what they mean is he’s overweight. Weight is a product of diet, not lack of cardio. It’s a shame he came back at this size.

You can get your cardio back in a week or two, but there’s no amount of running that will shed 10-20 lbs in 2 weeks. Dude should have been on a diet and clearly wasn’t.

I've been fasting and training since 1998...It really depends on the context of his situation.
First of all- the camera always makes you look bigger. Yes he's added on weight. But do we really know how much of that is body fat and/muscle...I'm not saying he can lose 20 pounds in
14 days...I'm just saying that depending on the condition of his system- he may be able to be at 80 percent by round 2...Its really hard to tell by watching him on a screen CGMW :D
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,682

Post#176 » by KnicksGod » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:23 am

Read on Twitter

Questionable, we clinched the top seed three weeks ago
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#177 » by GettinitDone » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:38 am

Read on Twitter

Celtics talking **** to Knicks in ECF:

On NBA Finals: That's me!!

What you doing with all those steals, blocks, 3s, hustle plays, successful challenges, man? I've been trying to get one, that's why I couldn't find one you got em all!!!!

What you doing??!!

Ho... How you do that??!!

How much time did that take??!! I got so many questions!!!

(behind JB's humble superstar leadership, we solve the Celtics in 5 games, and go to the NBA Finals)

Celtics admit defeat: Gorgeous!!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,785

Post#178 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:37 am

Free Palestine
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,708

Post#179 » by Knick4Real » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:58 am

Read on Twitter

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,302

Post#180 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Fred Katz
Apr 10, 2024

They haven’t stopped...

2X COY

Coolest part of this article

Since the Randle injury, only three qualifying NBA players are scampering around more dribble handoffs, per Second Spectrum. Only five are traversing more off-ball screens. The guy directly ahead of him is the only other All-Star point guard on the list: Stephen Curry.

I think people really downplay offball movement as a skill. A lot of stars can't do that -- it's why they can't play with each other or start taking turns or look awkward. You can't really jam guys together and expect them to do this. It's also unbelievable to me that some people will criticize Curry for doing this. To me, it's a sign of humility, trust and empowering your teammates. It's basically the essence of great point guard play if you can do this for your team.

I also think that, as much as I appreciate Mitch and his contract, that iHart might be the guy moving forward. He can play the "Draymond" role if needed.

Return to New York Knicks