ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,695

Re: PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad! 

Post#221 » by KnicksGod » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:48 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:never compare mikal to OG. OG plays elite defense, mikal plays none

Mikal can still play great defense. He was on the all nba first team defense not too long ago. Defense would be crazy with both guys.

Randle for Mikal is fine. Although, pop on over to the transactions thread where I'm desperate to find a way to keep Hartenstein.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,204

Post#222 » by HerSports85 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:51 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:Bojan and 2-3 FRP. Deuce contract too good to give up.

Why would Nets take Bojan? Expiring contact, something like that?

After next year, they have to pay both Cam Thomas and Mikal. Taking Bojan expiring contract allows them to sign cam, collect assets and keep their books clean for a FA. If they want 4 picks I’ll give it to them.

I seen some talking about Randle. Only way I’ll do that deal is if it’s Mikal + Cam Johnson. But honestly Randle in BK feels dirty. So I still say no
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,386
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#223 » by BKlutch » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:I will say it again: The Nets are a garbage poverty franchise.

Yes they are. Next we will be watching our Yankees lay the Guardians down this afternoon. :)

I've never liked Cam Thomas. The kid sucked his own dick for years thinking he was hot stuff because he can score but do little else. I wasn't surprised to see him behave like that. I'm glad OG punked him and he showed exactly what he is: a bitch.

OG is my kinda guy. He saw his teammate get hit, and instead of standing by and doing nothing, he immediately becomes an enforcer and puts the little boy in his place. As an old school hoops lover from the early 90s, that warmed the soul. These Knicks embody everything you want to see from a basketball team: hard work, fun play, team work, humility, and togetherness. An attack on one is an attack on all. I can tell you, I've never seen that kind of stuff from that piece of sh*t franchise on Atlantic and Flatbush. I won't go into detail, but Cam Thomas is the perfect face for that franchise: selfish, undisciplined, cowardly, and straight up bitchassness.

To the entire Knicks forum:

I've been grateful for this community for allowing me to become a part of it and giving me a space to air out my grief as someone who should have never supported that trash franchise once they were ripped out of my home state and spit in my face. I've laid out my anger ad nauseum on here it has helped me to let go and I appreciate all of you for your grace. This board has helped me get through some difficult IRL days the last several months. Anytime I need to get away from stuff I can always log in here and I end up leaving either laughing my ass off from guys like melo, guano and sham calling each other fat or just in a better mood from the good conversation about any and everything. Also, BaF is fun as hell and I look forward to trying to build a contender one day. Maybe lol.

Last night was cathartic for me. It felt so good to see Brunson, OG and the boys, in a game where they could have easily folded because of exhaustion, say "F*ck that. We fight!!!" and come roaring back from 17 down to those bums and end their season in glorious fashion. Mitchell Robinson with the discipline to calm down and hit his FTs. That was the kinda stuff you wanna see.

I'm proud to support these NY Knicks. The Nova Boys, OG, etc are my kind of people. The community here, if you allow me to be a nerd like yall always do, to steal a quote from The Last of Us, Part 2:

"You're my people".

I love yall. For real. Thank you.

Onward to the playoffs. There's work to be done. Teams to stomp. Jerseys to sell. Parlays to destroy.

Brunson is the MVP. We know it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

This post comes as close as possible to expressing how I feel about this team, too. A weak willed uncontrolled fool like Cam can only exist in the current Brooklyn Nets culture -- never on a team like the Knicks.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,421

Post#224 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:55 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:that was 2 years ago. and he ended up getting cooked by luka over and over in that same year in the playoffs. and considering he took a big drop since 2 years ago, he's more of a tim hardaway jr guy now.

Mikal can still play great defense. Nobody in the world is shutting down Luka by themselves. It takes multiple people. In that playoff series they actually caught them on switches a lot where most of his shots came against Ayton. Luka was abusing Ayton so bad they had to bench him

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw

i had a feeling you were somehow going to deflect to ayton because im cooking your mans :lol:

those stats are off. everyone that watched that series knew mikal was getting destroyed.

luka shot 58% from the field when guarded by mikal. shot 18-31 in that series. was out here looking like trae young on defense. sad.
ayton actually did a way better job guarding him than mika. held luka to 41% from the field. luka shot 18-43 against him.

mikal also a playoff career choker. averages 10 ppg shooting 33% from the field in elimination games. sad. just sad.

glad we opted for OG instead of that fraud mikal though. thanks leon!

It still is true. They forced a lot of switches and they were targeting Ayton. That’s why they had to bench him. :lol:

But yea, everyone on the Suns got destroyed in that series and nobody could stop Luka. Even Booker was awful. In this game we couldn’t even stop Cam Thomas. It happens to everyone. That’s why you need multiple good defenders to help.

I am really glad we have OG. Mikal would still be great too especially with the Nova chemistry. It just keeps clicking every time we add another Nova guy….it’s magical.

Mikal shoots 47%/38% in the playoffs so has been fine. He’s just miscast as a #1 on the Nets and everyone knows he is not a legit #1. Put him back in the right role and he would be really good.

But yea, not likely he will be here. He’s still a really good player though that every team would love to have.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,797

Post#225 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:01 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Mikal can still play great defense. Nobody in the world is shutting down Luka by themselves. It takes multiple people. In that playoff series they actually caught them on switches a lot where most of his shots came against Ayton. Luka was abusing Ayton so bad they had to bench him

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw

i had a feeling you were somehow going to deflect to ayton because im cooking your mans :lol:

those stats are off. everyone that watched that series knew mikal was getting destroyed.

luka shot 58% from the field when guarded by mikal. shot 18-31 in that series. was out here looking like trae young on defense. sad.
ayton actually did a way better job guarding him than mika. held luka to 41% from the field. luka shot 18-43 against him.

mikal also a playoff career choker. averages 10 ppg shooting 33% from the field in elimination games. sad. just sad.

glad we opted for OG instead of that fraud mikal though. thanks leon!

It still is true. They forced a lot of switches and they were targeting Ayton. That’s why they had to bench him. :lol:

But yea, everyone on the Suns got destroyed in that series and nobody could stop Luka. Even Booker was awful. In this game we couldn’t even stop Cam Thomas. It happens to everyone. That’s why you need multiple good defenders to help.

I am really glad we have OG. Mikal would still be great too especially with the Nova chemistry. It just keeps clicking every time we add another Nova guy….it’s magical.

Mikal shoots 47%/38% in the playoffs so has been fine. He’s just miscast as a #1 on the Nets and everyone knows he is not a legit #1. Put him back in the right role and he would be really good.

But yea, not likely he will be here. He’s still a really good player though that every team would love to have.

my only thing is that the nets don't use him as a #1 anymore and he's playing worse than ever. that's mainly why im skeptical of him to be honest. hes a solid player but i don't think he's worth the price we'd have to give up and i rather go for a big time player like donovan mitchell instead. i don't see much of a need for mikal when we have og who does everything mikal can do but better. we need another creator next to brunson.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,359

Post#226 » by gavran » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:08 pm

There is one thing OG absolutely does not do better, and Mikal is one of the best in the league in. Being available to play.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#227 » by BKlutch » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:09 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Mikal's got real friends on the Knicks, and the sick culture propagated by Genocide Joe and Crazy Clara make it hard for high character players to have hope and succeed in Brooklyn. But go ahead and blame him - and you can get more Flat Earthers to lead you to the promised land."

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,498

Post#228 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:20 pm

It's still wild to think that we're the solvent team with a winning culture. Long road to get here.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,052

Post#229 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:29 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

They have to pay Nic Claxton this summer and Joe Tsai probably wants to stay under the luxury tax.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#230 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:32 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

After next year, they have to pay both Cam Thomas and Mikal. Taking Bojan expiring contract allows them to sign cam, collect assets and keep their books clean for a FA. If they want 4 picks I’ll give it to them.

I seen some talking about Randle. Only way I’ll do that deal is if it’s Mikal + Cam Johnson. But honestly Randle in BK feels dirty. So I still say no

Claxton is getting paid this summer as well. That will push the Nets towards the luxury tax threshold.

I wouldn't trade Randle if the idea is to trade for Mikal. I would only trade Randle for an equal piece, like KAT. Bridges is a high end roleplayer.

Also, Cam Johnson is overpaid and cannot stay healthy.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#231 » by BKlutch » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

See what I mean? they set this man up for failure.

He was never that guy. Never even acted or said he was. They threw these insane expectations on a career 3rd fiddle and when he couldn't live up to them, this is the end result.

He deserves better.

i disagree about putting all the blame on the nets organization. the guy has quit playing defense and plays with no heart. they don't use him as a #1 option anymore either so that excuse doesn't work anymore. i pointed out recently that his usage has been MUCH lower since the all star break. it is pretty concerning if a guy like cam thomas is outplaying mikal. most of nets twitter aren't fans of mikal anymore. doesn't really have to do much about being the face of the franchise, more so of lack of effort in games and just not giving it his all.

my best offer for mikal would be mitchell robinson and a 1st round pick. i wouldn't give more than that for a guy who doesn't try in games.

That's directly a result of Brooklyn ownership (especially Crazy Clara) saying they are going to build around him, when he doesn't even want to be there.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#232 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:09 pm

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
See what I mean? they set this man up for failure.

He was never that guy. Never even acted or said he was. They threw these insane expectations on a career 3rd fiddle and when he couldn't live up to them, this is the end result.

He deserves better.

i disagree about putting all the blame on the nets organization. the guy has quit playing defense and plays with no heart. they don't use him as a #1 option anymore either so that excuse doesn't work anymore. i pointed out recently that his usage has been MUCH lower since the all star break. it is pretty concerning if a guy like cam thomas is outplaying mikal. most of nets twitter aren't fans of mikal anymore. doesn't really have to do much about being the face of the franchise, more so of lack of effort in games and just not giving it his all.

my best offer for mikal would be mitchell robinson and a 1st round pick. i wouldn't give more than that for a guy who doesn't try in games.

That's directly a result of Brooklyn ownership (especially Crazy Clara) saying they are going to build around him, when he doesn't even want to be there.

He doesn't want to there but I don't think that's the entire reason why he has played terrible. The team is awful and he is best suited feeding off of actual talented players.

Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,594

Post#233 » by Kidknick! » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:50 pm

Shout-out to OG for stepping up to defend Brunson. He earned a spot in my heart for that, that's REAL NY Basketball. Let's go!
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,311

Post#234 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:06 am

Not going to lie. I don't think we're getting Mitchell or Mikal.

Mikal - because he's on the Nets and they're not just petty, but they're legit on a mission to remain relevant in NYC. The Knicks can get away with sucking in NYC for decades...the Nets were struggling to get fans in the building during their playoff runs.

Donovan - because he's on the Cavs and because Dan Gilbert is also super petty. Too many Mitchell rumors to NYC over the years.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,506

Post#235 » by Synciere » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:32 am

Exactly. There’s zero need to include Deuce or Mitch.

We can’t judge Mikal strictly by these last three months, no more than we could judge him by his first few months there where he played like a legit first option. He’s still a guy when focused can be a top two defensive player in the league. This is the exact reason we acquired Bojan’s contract.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,792

Post#236 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:I will say it again: The Nets are a garbage poverty franchise.

Yes they are. Next we will be watching our Yankees lay the Guardians down this afternoon. :)

I've never liked Cam Thomas. The kid sucked his own dick for years thinking he was hot stuff because he can score but do little else. I wasn't surprised to see him behave like that. I'm glad OG punked him and he showed exactly what he is: a bitch.

OG is my kinda guy. He saw his teammate get hit, and instead of standing by and doing nothing, he immediately becomes an enforcer and puts the little boy in his place. As an old school hoops lover from the early 90s, that warmed the soul. These Knicks embody everything you want to see from a basketball team: hard work, fun play, team work, humility, and togetherness. An attack on one is an attack on all. I can tell you, I've never seen that kind of stuff from that piece of sh*t franchise on Atlantic and Flatbush. I won't go into detail, but Cam Thomas is the perfect face for that franchise: selfish, undisciplined, cowardly, and straight up bitchassness.

To the entire Knicks forum:

I've been grateful for this community for allowing me to become a part of it and giving me a space to air out my grief as someone who should have never supported that trash franchise once they were ripped out of my home state and spit in my face. I've laid out my anger ad nauseum on here it has helped me to let go and I appreciate all of you for your grace. This board has helped me get through some difficult IRL days the last several months. Anytime I need to get away from stuff I can always log in here and I end up leaving either laughing my ass off from guys like melo, guano and sham calling each other fat or just in a better mood from the good conversation about any and everything. Also, BaF is fun as hell and I look forward to trying to build a contender one day. Maybe lol.

Last night was cathartic for me. It felt so good to see Brunson, OG and the boys, in a game where they could have easily folded because of exhaustion, say "F*ck that. We fight!!!" and come roaring back from 17 down to those bums and end their season in glorious fashion. Mitchell Robinson with the discipline to calm down and hit his FTs. That was the kinda stuff you wanna see.

I'm proud to support these NY Knicks. The Nova Boys, OG, etc are my kind of people. The community here, if you allow me to be a nerd like yall always do, to steal a quote from The Last of Us, Part 2:

"You're my people".

I love yall. For real. Thank you.

Onward to the playoffs. There's work to be done. Teams to stomp. Jerseys to sell. Parlays to destroy.

Brunson is the MVP. We know it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

This is all your fault. Did I or did I not try to tell you that Cam Thomas was a beast?

Spoiler:
Free Palestine
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,366

Post#237 » by rajajackal » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:11 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
rajajackal wrote:fun note: since i've been in the philippines for the last 3 weeks, my timezone has been 12 hours ahead of new york. so morning knicks games have essentially set the tone for my day. thank god for this win streak :lol:

Vacation? How is it there?

don't want to come back. but i will be doing so on tuesday

Return to New York Knicks